Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234584 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #17595 on: October 01, 2022, 10:28:56 PM »
I'm wondering if my IBS is affected by dairy.
Eliminate it for a month and see, you have nothing to lose...although it can be hard to do, that I get.

A lot of people with IBS have milk allergies/lactose intolerance or are just sensitive to dairy products.
This holds true for both myself and my son. 

I don't have a problem avoiding milk, and most other dairy products...but cheese for me is the tough one.
Cheese? But I love cheese. And I have cereal every morning with lactose free milk. And I had strawberry ice cream last night. This is going to be hard.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #17596 on: October 02, 2022, 02:21:59 PM »
I don't think my mum drives anymore. I'm sad because she's lost her independence.

I think I might be okay with getting too old to drive if I lived near a lot of stores like I do now. There used to be an old lady in our neighborhood who had one of those scooter basket things, similar to the handicap shopping carts in grocery stores, except I think hers moved faster. I used to see her all over the place in that thing. I think I could get by with something like that and just take cabs or get rides for doctor appointments or things too far away.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17597 on: October 02, 2022, 08:20:49 PM »
Mum lives on a steep hill and far from any shops, unfortunately. She relies on my stepdad Peter to take her shopping but he's 80 and not the best driver. They nearly got into a big accident on the highway last time I saw them. Instead of putting the car into drive in the carpark near the main road, Peter put it in reverse and they ended up on the main road. Thankfully there was little traffic and no big trucks coming. But they got horns beeped at them.

This is why I'd prefer my mum driving. She's more alert than Peter is.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17598 on: October 03, 2022, 11:45:48 AM »
Let's hope I can survive October... only problem is, this October there are no Cubbies in the playoffs :(

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #17599 on: October 03, 2022, 05:44:03 PM »
Mum lives on a steep hill and far from any shops, unfortunately. She relies on my stepdad Peter to take her shopping but he's 80 and not the best driver. They nearly got into a big accident on the highway last time I saw them. Instead of putting the car into drive in the carpark near the main road, Peter put it in reverse and they ended up on the main road. Thankfully there was little traffic and no big trucks coming. But they got horns beeped at them.

This is why I'd prefer my mum driving. She's more alert than Peter is.

I imagine that's how Sugarbutt and I might end up, since he's already showing resistance to the limitations that come along with growing old. I don't like being bossy like that, but I've gotten better over time about insisting about some things, so hopefully I'll be have the guts when the topic of driving needs to be faced.  :lol1:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #17600 on: October 03, 2022, 05:45:13 PM »
Let's hope I can survive October... only problem is, this October there are no Cubbies in the playoffs :(

Get a pumpkin. Pumpkins always make October better.  :zoinks:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17601 on: October 04, 2022, 06:17:24 AM »
Ever since I took that probiotic capsule this morning it's felt like a stone in my gut all day.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17602 on: October 04, 2022, 12:19:13 PM »

Get a pumpkin. Pumpkins always make October better.  :zoinks:

I'll look into that thanks

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17603 on: October 04, 2022, 01:33:38 PM »

Is it just me or are people in general losing their ability to drive?

It's not just you, I don't think. After two years of hardly ever leaving the house, I don't feel as comfortable driving, and get a lot more anxious. I don't know if my driving is worse, but I wouldn't be surprised. That might be true for other people too.  :dunno:

Maybe you need to drive more? :-\

But there's a clear change for the worse, generally speaking. Basic stuff, really. Turn indicators. Distance kept. Keeping to the right if slower. Etc.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #17604 on: October 04, 2022, 06:22:40 PM »

It's not just you, I don't think. After two years of hardly ever leaving the house, I don't feel as comfortable driving, and get a lot more anxious. I don't know if my driving is worse, but I wouldn't be surprised. That might be true for other people too.  :dunno:

But there's a clear change for the worse, generally speaking. Basic stuff, really. Turn indicators. Distance kept. Keeping to the right if slower. Etc.

But I don't actually need to go more anywhere, so I'd just be driving more for the sake of driving more. :dunno:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17605 on: October 05, 2022, 06:35:17 PM »
I have to drive every day so I'm very used to it. Most of the time it's a 5 minute drive though.

My client cancelled on me today without a concrete explanation. Bummer, because I could really use the money.

Also my cleaning job boss has cut my hours down. From next week I'll only be working 3 days per week instead of 5.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 06:47:19 PM by renaeden »
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17606 on: October 06, 2022, 11:34:21 AM »

But I don't actually need to go more anywhere, so I'd just be driving more for the sake of driving more. :dunno:

You say it as if it were a bad thing. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17607 on: October 08, 2022, 06:06:49 AM »
Mum phoned me today about my stepdad Peter and asked me how can he go about being assessed for ADHD. After all this time of me bugging them for him to go and see a psychiatrist, they're finally going to do something. And he's 80 so I hope whoever takes him on takes him seriously.

I asked her about driving and she said that if she has an appointment in town she'll drive there. I said good, I hope you don't stop driving. She has two artificial knees and two artificial hips and she's no longer in pain which I was really glad to hear.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17608 on: October 09, 2022, 06:38:37 AM »

You say it as if it were a bad thing. :P

I actually enjoy driving when I can do so and feel comfortably safe. My Traverse rides and handles so nicely for a full sized car and the music built in is awesome-ish, all the comforts made into a portable package that can take you places.
It can be a good feeling.

Then fire up the old Chevelle and just cruise for no reason? Sometimes, but with current gasoline prices and eight miles per gallon, even the thrills of tooling around in a hot rod are not so cheap anymore.
Probably going to be selling her to a new Demon Driver soon.

My wife drives the most, great job, but sixty five mile round trip commute daily. Two more years until retirement with full pay! She is determined to make that a reality.
I drive about twenty miles per day, playing Daddy Taxi, taking the kids to work and back home.
Oddly, they both have bought themselves cars, but neither drives.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 06:41:08 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #17609 on: October 09, 2022, 02:18:32 PM »
I used to drive just for the sake of driving all of the time.

The places you find and the things you stumble across when you dare to wander the roads never taken. :zoinks:
I REALLY miss doing that.

Now I can't afford the gas...and it's a choice of the RAV4 that wanders like a drunk down the road with every idiot light on, no 4 wheel drive and a duck taped driver's window...or the loud as fuck (I don't know what he did to it, and I'm sure I don't want pulled over by some out of town cop to find out) Cadillac...the risk of getting stranded somewhere in both of them is 75%. 

Currently driving the V8, fuel slurping, loud as fuck option 2...because...loud as fuck, and even at 230,000+ it's no slacker.  :laugh: It's also just too hard on gas for him to go back and forth to work in, and I have a little more self control with the gas pedal. So I go to the store and back, post office...but that's about it now. 

I miss having my own vehicle, with just me driving it. Where I keep track of maintenance, one that I'm not cleaning out every week because it smells like I've got a dead body in the trunk, and without every button, lever, and feature either broken, zip tied, super glued, or duct taped.

He is ADHD, Bi-polar...I know the struggle is real, I can mop up the messes...I'm just OCD when it comes to cars, I do not like sharing a vehicle, never have.