Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232644 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #17520 on: August 20, 2022, 08:37:45 AM »
I'd say no, too. I might ask why but I'd probably say no anyway. Most people carry the internet in their pockets.

Exactly.  It's always best to say no to things like this.

A little follow up thought on this incident.  We have a number of teens living in our area.  My final thought on this is, this was a doorbell ringing prank.  One of the oldest pranks in the book.  I just came down faster then she could move away.  And came up with the first excuse in her immature mind could come up with.  It's simple and makes more sense than running around looking for "wi-fi", somethings never change.  Still annoying to have happen, but, c'est la vie!   ::)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17521 on: August 20, 2022, 03:44:38 PM »
My sleep schedule is out of whack... I guess I need to cut down on the caffeine. (Survey says: Yes)

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17522 on: August 20, 2022, 07:30:47 PM »
Salman Rushdie attacked in New York... and somehow my Dad says "Not a good dude" ???

Salman or the attacker?

That's what wasn't clear to me...

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17523 on: August 20, 2022, 07:55:08 PM »
Star Trek Adventures had to be cancelled because the person whose house it's at is sick.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #17524 on: August 20, 2022, 09:51:43 PM »
Star Trek Adventures had to be cancelled because the person whose house it's at is sick.

What is Star Trek Adventures?

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17525 on: August 21, 2022, 02:17:49 PM »
I need to keep busy.... my depression is taking the best of me when I'm in limbo

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17526 on: August 21, 2022, 07:24:51 PM »

What is Star Trek Adventures?
It's a role playing game. I'm not great at it because I have next to no imagination. But... I play a Bolian named Zoreya. An interesting thing about Bolians is that they can eat almost anything, including acid and rotting flesh. Anyway, I'm the science officer and sometimes pilot on the starship Fontana. Lieutenant JG. Kayleigh is the GM.

There's six of us and we endeavor to play once a month.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17527 on: August 22, 2022, 05:55:33 AM »
I see that one Star Trek game offered all the time when I play my game Empires and Puzzles.
I actually downloaded it once, but never activated the app.

I play E&P and I still keep it going. I downloaded it originally looking for something to waste time that was more interesting than Solitaire. Only problem is that you must have internet accesss for it to work. That used to be a hard thing, but not so much anymore.

I've been playing it for about three, almost four years and I'm at  "Level 59"  with my top character now which means I'm kind of a BADASS! Hard to beat me in wars. Of course there are members in the 70 and 80 Levels, who can kick my ass, but most of those players have dropped hundreds of $$$ to advance more quickly.  Part of the fun.
I also have my own "Alliance" made up of my own twenty characters. I've allowed other players into my alliance, but kicked them out for not playing or participating in the Wars.

There is no "direct" play with other members and I like that. If they are online, you can not atttack their posts or castles. Even in the Wars, you are only playing against the computer and gambling with chances, odds, pure numbers, etc.

And, I've never spent a cent on the game, even though it is run by ads and they pop up constantly.
It's a matching "3" type of game with a lot of depth.

Of course, when it goes offline for some reason the whole world comes to an end.
:LOL:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 06:13:33 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17528 on: August 22, 2022, 06:17:18 AM »
I need to keep busy.... my depression is taking the best of me when I'm in limbo

"The Devil does his work through the hands of the idle."

I hate most rap, but this one has meaning ...

"I like to move it, move it!"
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17529 on: August 22, 2022, 06:49:16 AM »
The BoM have forecast storms with hail tomorrow, on the one day of the week I don't have anywhere undercover to park. Yaaaaay.... :zombiefuck:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17530 on: August 22, 2022, 06:02:45 PM »
 Lower back pain
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17531 on: August 22, 2022, 11:43:31 PM »

"The Devil does his work through the hands of the idle."

I hate most rap, but this one has meaning ...

"I like to move it, move it!"

Epic Rap Battles of history on YouTube has meaning.... the I like to move it, move it is a cross dressing lemur voiced by Sasha Baron Cohen... the same Sasha who portrayed and created Borat.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17532 on: August 23, 2022, 04:23:22 AM »
Lemur? I thought he was a rat. Oh well, shows how close I pay attention to movies, unless it's science fiction.

I remember now, the rat was "bombastic." Right?

Still great advice, interpreted from a hip hop perspective. Find a smile. Use it!
 :lol1:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17533 on: August 23, 2022, 04:33:28 AM »
BTW, I over stated. Much of the early rap that was popular when I was still in the music business, up until around '94, I did actually enjoy.
I drew a wiggly line around cappin' da pigs and slappin' da ho's era.

I listen to hard rock, early jazz and classical these days, not much hip hop at all unless flipping the radio something catches my ear.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17534 on: August 23, 2022, 05:56:08 AM »
I made a driving booboo this morning and clipped someone whilst trying to change lanes :hide:

Damage is minimal thankfully, most of it buffed out and I have a small dent above my front left wheel arch.
Not sure about the other party. I pulled over into a carpark and he pulled over about 50m up the road in a driveway. I was out of my car walking towards him when he drove off. :dunno:
It was a white ute with I'm guessing black plastic wheel arches (according to the marks on my car).

Now I'm scared :hide: