Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235819 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #17505 on: August 17, 2022, 04:09:06 PM »
I am not going to call my sweet "Lucille" a POS, but she is abandoning me one fail at a time. It's getting to the point I have a hard time keeping up.

She is actually Ok with me starting to look at younger girls, so far.
She is "Lucille III"  if I am to be most honest.
Lucille II was destroyed a day after she got me home safely from Texas a few years ago. Sitting at a highway stop light, some massive wreck happened right in front of all of us stopped and the car next to me (was worse trashed) took out her front axles and most of the pretty parts up front.

I am now working on replacing Lucille III. I just hope she takes all this the right way. I need a younger girl to drive where everything still works right.

I love my car, but she is getting a bit long in the teeth. I have not been able to find Lucille IV that I can afford yet.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17506 on: August 17, 2022, 04:13:56 PM »
Yep, I name all my cars. My sweet daily drivers for years have all been "My Lucille" and that won't change soon.

My Hot Rod Chevelle is a boy, though. His name is Harley Damn. I bought him after seeing that the meanest Harley Davidson motorcycle (you know, motorcycles usually beat the shit out of cars, right?) around could not keep up with this BIGFOOT beast. He earned his name that night and a couple of months later he was mine.
Four miles to the gallon, but who's counting?
Get back to the track and he burns six gallons in a quarter mile, but then, who's counting?
 :lol1:

My drag racing bones have thinned some in my age. I just love having the boy around. Just having one of the coolest cars I always wanted is almost enough.

Unfortunately, the way things have stack up against us lately, I might have to start thinking about re-homing Harley Damn.
I hate this.
I have always wanted a Chevelle. But he is quite valuable and liquid funds are running low while hospital bills will be climbing soon like rocket fuel was behind them.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 06:16:39 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17507 on: August 17, 2022, 08:18:59 PM »
My Mazda Astina "Tina" is a 1994 model. I've been driving her for 22 years. I'm saving for a newer car but saving is going oh so slowly.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #17508 on: August 17, 2022, 10:20:46 PM »
We have a Toyota Kluger (Highlander to those in the US) that we call Freddy. Freddy Kluger, get it? duh.....

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17509 on: August 18, 2022, 07:08:53 AM »
My car, Herman [the HEMI], is staying right where he is.
Dunno what I'd do if the worst happened and if I had to replace him. The exorbitant used car prices these days means he's under-insured.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17510 on: August 18, 2022, 07:32:58 PM »
Yeah! I've been looking at used cars and their prices have gone right up. It's going to take me forever to save.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17511 on: August 19, 2022, 02:47:35 PM »
It's really quiet here, where is everyone?

Real Life (TM)

Sorry. I've had way too much to do lately.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17512 on: August 19, 2022, 02:48:43 PM »
Salman Rushdie attacked in New York... and somehow my Dad says "Not a good dude" ???

Salman or the attacker?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17513 on: August 19, 2022, 02:50:58 PM »
Jesus. I never knew that about kidney stones. Only thing I knew is that passing them can be more painful than childbirth. So I've been told by my mum.

No childbirths to compare with but both of mine were hell on earth.

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #17514 on: August 19, 2022, 03:05:18 PM »
So I get disturbed by the door bell ringing, I run downstairs.......no one there.  Then this young "lady" comes running and asks, "Do you have a wi-fi I can use?"  Red flags go up, alarm bells ring, I answer, "No, that's for us and our daughter!"  And she goes running off.  I realize I should have asked "Why?", but, it's 4:45 pm and she is someone I have never seen in our area.  So I called the local PD to ask their advice and this being Friday night in Rochester NH, they are busy as hell.  Yes, I am a bit paranoid about scams and revealing personal data to strangers.  This is the second one in a couple of months thats been dodgy.   >:(
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 03:09:09 PM by rock hound »
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17515 on: August 19, 2022, 03:14:34 PM »
I'd say no, too. I might ask why but I'd probably say no anyway. Most people carry the internet in their pockets.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17516 on: August 19, 2022, 05:37:06 PM »
Always say, "No!"  It's a simple thing.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17517 on: August 19, 2022, 07:01:05 PM »
My joints feel watery
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17518 on: August 19, 2022, 09:10:02 PM »
My joints feel watery
That sounds like an odd sensation.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #17519 on: August 20, 2022, 06:49:02 AM »
I'd say no, too. I might ask why but I'd probably say no anyway. Most people carry the internet in their pockets.

Exactly.  It's always best to say no to things like this.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant