Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 230924 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #17370 on: June 03, 2022, 01:12:19 PM »
Builders... you need them but you know they'll fuck up, well, because. This includes people moving furniture, too, btw.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17371 on: June 03, 2022, 06:30:16 PM »
Some animal has been making my shed stink :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17372 on: June 05, 2022, 03:05:54 PM »
Pissed off by a Christian twat thanking god for what he has on LinkedIn, followed by 300+ amens and thank yous. WTF is wrong with these people? One or two had the tenacity to point out the realities of this world, so they were quickly shunned in true Christian fashion while the rest kept on posting hallelujahs.

I don't usually get annoyed by this sort of thing - I just ignore it - but there was something fundamentally in your face about it. As in, do you follow the news, at all? God isn't doing anything particularly worthwhile if all he can come up is some cunt keeping his job while there are wars and famines and climate disasters destroying the planet for everyone else.

Fuck off.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17373 on: June 05, 2022, 04:10:51 PM »
Amen Brother :zoinks:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17374 on: June 07, 2022, 12:42:26 PM »
I got triggered by the old chat transcripts of the conversations with the troll and automaton... I deleted them quickly after I saw that most of the wording was from that fat bitch's mouth.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17375 on: June 07, 2022, 09:41:16 PM »
I got triggered by the old chat transcripts of the conversations with the troll and automaton... I deleted them quickly after I saw that most of the wording was from that fat bitch's mouth.
Yes, get rid of the lot! :)

Apparently our oven wasn't clean enough for the rental inspector. Gonna have to look up oven cleaning tips.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17376 on: June 08, 2022, 06:12:31 AM »
Yes, get rid of the lot! :)

Apparently our oven wasn't clean enough for the rental inspector. Gonna have to look up oven cleaning tips.

Ovens can be tough to maintain.
As an old Boomer, I usually resort to chemicals if I make a mess in the oven. I don't like running the Self Cleaning function unless it's winter and the heat would be welcome.
Still, it's a stinky horrible mess to deal with. I use the "green" oven cleaner which has no lye in it, but you still have to apply elbow grease with a baking soda paste to get it clean again.

As a general rule, I keep a stainless steel cookie sheet on the lowest shelf when I bake pies or anything that might boil over.
I used to use a lining of aluminum foil on the very bottom for easy clean up, but the modern oven heating elements can be destroyed by this practice. I had to replace two elements before I learned not to do that.
I also have a battery operated angle grinder I use, to which I apply a Scotch Brite pad as a shortcut to the elbow grease problem. It's made by Dremel, but not cheap.

Does this "failed inspection" mean the inspector has to come back to check your work?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 08:37:24 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #17377 on: June 08, 2022, 04:52:39 PM »

What do you already do to clean it?  :orly: Some years ago the bottom burner on our oven stopped working and that also made the self cleaning function moot. The convection bake works fine and we don't use it a lot anyway, so we've never cared enough about trying to fix it.  :lol1: The self cleaning mode took forever and made the house smell weird, so I was fine with switching to spray oven cleaner. I use Easy Off No Fumes, because it doesn't have to be heated. I use paper napkins first to wipe off the oven cleaner before cleaning it with an all purpose spray, because the black stuff will stain and ruin the cleaning rags. Some people use paper towels but we don't buy paper towels so I use napkins :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17378 on: June 08, 2022, 06:34:45 PM »
My anxiety is a bitch, and I fucking hate her so much

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17379 on: June 08, 2022, 06:36:56 PM »
It's a gas oven so that may be why it doesn't have a self cleaning mode. It's a very basic oven. Kayleigh has always cleaned it because she's the one who mostly uses it. She tried barbecue cleaning cloths, Jif and Gumption. My partner at work suggested products specifically designed to clean ovens and to me that's a no-brainer, heh. Of course we should try that. Next time we are shopping we will buy it.

I like the idea of an angle grinder.

We'll probably get a report letter in the mail telling us that that the oven had better be clean by the next inspection.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #17380 on: June 08, 2022, 06:51:29 PM »
Oven cleaning products are serious stuff. Careful to wear gloves.  :thumbup:
:gopher:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17381 on: June 09, 2022, 05:29:16 AM »
Easy-Off Bam for the oven usually does the trick. Ensure adequate ventilation.

Jiff and Gumption are merely abrasive based cleaners.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17382 on: June 09, 2022, 06:54:20 AM »
My cat has a clogged up butt again.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #17383 on: June 09, 2022, 08:59:05 AM »

What do you already do to clean it?  :orly: Some years ago the bottom burner on our oven stopped working and that also made the self cleaning function moot. The convection bake works fine and we don't use it a lot anyway, so we've never cared enough about trying to fix it.  :lol1: The self cleaning mode took forever and made the house smell weird, so I was fine with switching to spray oven cleaner. I use Easy Off No Fumes, because it doesn't have to be heated. I use paper napkins first to wipe off the oven cleaner before cleaning it with an all purpose spray, because the black stuff will stain and ruin the cleaning rags. Some people use paper towels but we don't buy paper towels so I use napkins :dunno:

I use the same shit. I don't use the self clean feature because of the odor and it's known to shorten the lifespan of the appliance...normally frying the motherboard in the newer electric ovens in about 4 years or less, the motherboard is priced accordingly $$ with that knowledge so that it's sometimes cheaper just to buy another oven.

Another "convenience" feature that can become inconvenient.  :laugh:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17384 on: June 09, 2022, 10:06:09 AM »
Shifter linkage cable in the van broke

George Bernard Shaw