Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235253 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #17355 on: May 18, 2022, 05:25:57 PM »
What's on the agenda tomorrow? Oh! I know... I'll probably get yelled at for one of the tasks I supposedly didn't do

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17356 on: May 18, 2022, 10:27:15 PM »
Thanks DirtDawg  :)

My av is actually a mannequin :laugh:

Yeah I suppose if there's scarring I can get laser treatments for it and stuff like that. The skin they will use for grafting I think comes from the behind the ear. My worry is that skin is a different shade and texture to my face, but if mum's similar surgery 3-4 years ago is anything to go by it should blend in eventually.

Now I'm just paranoid, I'm only 38. How many more spots will I get in my lifetime?  :GA:

No one knows. As many as it takes?

Get used to hats.
 :dunno:

Good luck, kiddo.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17357 on: May 18, 2022, 11:30:39 PM »
Appointment with the doctor went OK, I guess.
I do not have diabetes, from two close looks at my blood. BUT, she upped my thyroid medication and told me to watch my sugar intake.

I have been goofing half the afternoon and evening with garage stuff, but the whole time trying to imagine where I am getting enough bad sugars to cause a problem.
I don't eat candy. I don't drink alcohol. I drink hardcore black coffee or tea, I eat a large amount of hot peppers and a fair amount salad greens, hardly any bread or chips, except for corn tortillas.
When my wife makes brownies I scarf a hot one and the same with my daughter's new found baking aplomb.
She made zucchini muffins today. YUMMMmm!
When we have pasta, I take a child's portion and leave some. I just can not eat as much quantity of anything as I did when I was younger.

Might just need to reduce entire quantities even more. Eat less still.
I find myself craving proteins like eggs and big bloody raw-ish beef steaks. I avoid the beef binge I want, but not doing so well avoiding eggs.

She wants to see me again in three months.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #17358 on: May 19, 2022, 05:56:55 PM »
I do not have diabetes, from two close looks at my blood. BUT, she upped my thyroid medication and told me to watch my sugar intake.

I have been goofing half the afternoon and evening with garage stuff, but the whole time trying to imagine where I am getting enough bad sugars to cause a problem.
I don't eat candy. I don't drink alcohol. I drink hardcore black coffee or tea, I eat a large amount of hot peppers and a fair amount salad greens, hardly any bread or chips, except for corn tortillas.
When my wife makes brownies I scarf a hot one and the same with my daughter's new found baking aplomb.
When we have pasta, I take a child's portion and leave some. I just can not eat as much quantity of anything as I did when I was younger.

I find myself craving proteins like eggs and big bloody raw-ish beef steaks. I avoid the beef binge I want, but not doing so well avoiding eggs.

Salad dressing is a major no-no with my MIL, you wouldn't think there would be a lot of sugar in something like that, but there can be.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17359 on: May 20, 2022, 06:55:29 AM »

Salad dressing is a major no-no with my MIL, you wouldn't think there would be a lot of sugar in something like that, but there can be.

Thanks for that, but I don't use prepared dressings either. My daughter does!
I just use lemon or lime on my greens. Nothing better than fresh greens with a lemon squeezed over them!

For cooked greens I prefer to cut a lime in quarters and drop the whole thing in the blanching water.

Another good point to think of though is that lemons are loaded with sugars also. More to think about.
 :thumbup:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 06:59:25 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17360 on: May 22, 2022, 11:42:34 PM »
Our local Farmers' Market should have opened yesterday, but they have torn up the street for a wider sidewalk and some additional street lights. Oddly, they also ripped out the ice skating rink and the really nice concert arena they had built just three years ago in the same area.
Everything is torn to shit and the city has no plan for the market, yet.

This kind of crap happens every time we elect a Democrat as mayor. Absolutely no regard for any customs, traditions, common folks' interests or needs, only their priorities matter. Wasting a buttload of city funds for no reason seems to be their goal, but HEY!   ... all their campaign contrubuters get paid well! Very well!

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17361 on: May 23, 2022, 03:41:56 PM »
I'm having my music blare so I don't hear that "biblical" conservative radio lady talk on my Mother's radio... That lady is full of it sometimes... especially when she says "Given in a biblical perspective" when all we know is that it's a purely "Conservative angle"

I get uncomfortable when I hear that zealot on the radio... no offense to the religious right, but please stop spewing your opinions as it's what God would want... when I'm sure God had difference of opinion compared to Greg Locke, or that snake Kenneth Copeland, or Tammy Faye and that other guy... (oh right... Franklyn "out of the times" Graham)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17362 on: May 23, 2022, 09:46:42 PM »
Foil cuts(like paper cuts but with industrial aluminum foil) on my fingers
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17363 on: May 24, 2022, 09:20:45 AM »
Too much stuff to do. :GA: Feeling under the weather, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17364 on: May 24, 2022, 05:46:05 PM »
And now.... I.... wait  ::)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17365 on: May 28, 2022, 06:34:03 AM »
One of the partners at work still hasn't got his share bought out by one of the others, and they have been struggling to get finance or the cash to do so.
Not in their own names, btw. One partner has 6 properties and won't sell any of them to help. So basically the business is doomed to go bankrupt while they keep their respective personal wealth and lifestyles.
That will be no comfort when our redundancy entitlements are at the bottom of the creditor list and we staff are living out of our cars as a result.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17366 on: June 02, 2022, 01:33:12 PM »
Ideally I'd like to bitch about a client of mine, but it wouldn't be quick.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #17367 on: June 02, 2022, 05:35:19 PM »
It's the week of stupid injuries. Threw out my back on Monday, not even sure how, and it's painful to sit in front of the computer or walk, but there was too much shit going on at work and couldn't take a day off until tomorrow. Managed to kick myself while getting dressed (wtf) and pushed the tip joint in my little finger the wrong way and it's still sore. Having seasonal allergy shit, which is not a good combo with my back spasming every time I cough or sneeze.

I'm still in my 30's ffs. This is all supposed to fix itself faster than this.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17368 on: June 02, 2022, 09:32:43 PM »
  • Cubs pitching staff has injuries (basically everyone who isn't a pitcher is also having injuries)
    I didn't know who the new team lead was suppose to be... but it took awhile to realize it was so and so (thank god it wasn't "eh-gah! it's her")
    I really, really, really, really, really want to get out of Walmart soon

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17369 on: June 03, 2022, 01:09:53 PM »
It's the week of stupid injuries. Threw out my back on Monday, not even sure how, and it's painful to sit in front of the computer or walk, but there was too much shit going on at work and couldn't take a day off until tomorrow. Managed to kick myself while getting dressed (wtf) and pushed the tip joint in my little finger the wrong way and it's still sore. Having seasonal allergy shit, which is not a good combo with my back spasming every time I cough or sneeze.

I'm still in my 30's ffs. This is all supposed to fix itself faster than this.

It's going downhill now. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein