Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232268 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #17325 on: May 09, 2022, 07:10:30 PM »
I feel like an idiot -__-

You are not!

I had a bad night at work... too much tasks done at the last minute.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #17326 on: May 09, 2022, 07:42:14 PM »

You are not!

I hear you!  It's the walmart way, pile on the tasks or change the schedule so you can't do your job properly, upper mgmt. won't help.......yep, the same old song and dance.  My thoughts are this....I do my best with what I have and go home.  I will not kill myself or lose sleep for a company or people who don't give a shit about my effort or lead by example.  Dictators speechify, leaders lead. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17327 on: May 09, 2022, 07:54:34 PM »

You are not!

I hear you!  It's the walmart way, pile on the tasks or change the schedule so you can't do your job properly, upper mgmt. won't help.......yep, the same old song and dance.  My thoughts are this....I do my best with what I have and go home.  I will not kill myself or lose sleep for a company or people who don't give a shit about my effort or lead by example.  Dictators speechify, leaders lead.

I have to wait 1.5 weeks for the papers with the job coordinator to go through... I'm willing to wait that long, just not when things are becoming more boring as a "dull kitchen knife"

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17328 on: May 09, 2022, 10:32:34 PM »
When searching Amazon.ca for the brand and product, it does show up though more expensive. Assuming that's correct Amazon site though. Might be better to just self search the amazon site normally used.

https://www.amazon.ca/Nutribiotic-Essential-Electrolytes-Caps-Count/dp/B000OP252C/ref=sr_1_5?crid=21H6EASZVD2P1&keywords=nutribiotic+essential+electrolytes&qid=1652027588&sprefix=nutribiotic+elect%2Caps%2C204&sr=8-5

Hm yeah, the amazon.ca link says it's in stock. I'll do some searching around. Thanks for the push.  :)
I got mine, today.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be giving them a try soon.

Thanks to you, too, Jack for making it so easy for us!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17329 on: May 10, 2022, 12:31:52 AM »
Doctor's appointment went as expected, except, she noticed some swelling in my ankles that troubled her.

She now wants more extensive testing. She is concerned I might be developing Type II diabetes.
:yikes:

I had not noticed the swelling, but I think it is because I've been a lazy fuck for three months after my booboo.  I have let slide much of my daily routine, old man yoga and modified tai chi stuff.
I have really only been exercising my arm, wrist and hand.
Still a lot of pain. I can barely move my wrist when I wake up. Getting it loosened up enough to begin "my homework" takes a while.
It's disturbing how tired I get just moving my hand trying to get things back the way they should be.

I have another appointment next week and a sheet of exercises to do for my ankles.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 12:34:46 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17330 on: May 10, 2022, 09:00:45 PM »
Wow, I hope you don't have diabetes, DirtDawg. I send wishes for your wrist to heal quickly.

My quick bitch is about allergies and not enough sleep because of them.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17331 on: May 11, 2022, 05:57:48 AM »
Thanks.
It's very troubling, scary, but my father developed Type II in his early fifties. I've had a good run, but this may be inevitable.
Breaking my arm in three places has really torn me down, healthwise.

He managed his with diet after a few months of my mom's concerned efforts.

I'm going to remain positive.
 :2thumbsup:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 05:59:19 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17332 on: May 11, 2022, 06:18:41 AM »
Wow, I hope you don't have diabetes, DirtDawg. I send wishes for your wrist to heal quickly.

My quick bitch is about allergies and not enough sleep because of them.

I think the lack of decent sleep may be more of a detriment than the allergies themselves.

I never had to deal with sinus allergies until recently. And mine are light, sniffles, but no big deal.
Other things that roll people under still do not affect me. I get stung by wasps a lot. I get them under my collar in the garden sometimes and they sting me on the neck. I think they are attracted to chemicals in my hair care products.

My wife gets stung by anything and there is a day or two of hideous swelling. If it's a wasp or a bee that attacks, it's hospital time. Many folks here are the same way. My wasp stings go away in about ten minutes. Yeah, it hurts, but no reaction to the poisons, like so many others.

Poisonous plants as well, no affect whatsoever. My neighbor freaked one time because I was carrying a double armload of poison oak and ivy vines to the garbage, shorts, no shir,t, sweating like hell, cuts all over me, but no problem for me. He checked on me every day for over a week and just shook his head. No affect.

I have seemed to become allergic to rapid weather changes these days though.
And that shit definitely keeps me up sometimes. Waking up to sneeze ten or twenty times makes it diffucult to get back to sleep for sure.
By then the whole house is awake.
:hide:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17333 on: May 11, 2022, 06:27:27 AM »
I did not mention, though, I had a terrible reaction to a spider bite on my arm once where I had to go to the hospital. That was ugly.
Spider bites are extremely rare, here.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17334 on: May 11, 2022, 06:33:51 AM »
I went to the skin doctor today, now there are two small craters on my nose, and that was just from taking the biopsy sample.
They better find some carcinoma cells otherwise they just disfigured me for nothing. I can't see them healing without leaving a blemish worse than what was there.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17335 on: May 11, 2022, 07:20:36 AM »
OOOHhhh!

SO sorry that happened. I hope it comes to nothing serious.

Only time I've been to a dermodoc I was having something pushing/growing out of my navel. It would stick out and become annoying against my shirts and I had clipped off the dead parts a few times with a big toenail clipper. But it would not stop coming out.

Turns out it was from my appendectomy surgery five years before. My body had created a canckerous shield around the "supposedly dissolvable" internal stitching they used and was pushing it out through the closest place which was my navel.

Several shots, some cutting, a lot of, "WOW!" from the staff and a smiling doc. Not long and I was out the door, with a big patch.

I had showed the dermodoc a couple of other concerns during my initial inspection from the doc, He was like, "Nope, Nah, those are moles, nothing there. You can keep those, but THIS one is mine. It's kind of fun!"

Stressful, but over and done soon. I walked out not feeling NOTHING on my tummy for the day.
No more exuding surgical suppplies for me.

I hope nothing so weird comes from your nose checkup.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17336 on: May 11, 2022, 09:10:23 AM »
Eh, it's probably just some basal cell carcinomas (early stage skin cancer). My only worry is them getting bigger and being more visible on my face.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17337 on: May 11, 2022, 01:14:15 PM »
Something is wrong with the left side of my parents stove.... the flame flickers when cooking for a little bit, but burns out and gas just spews with 75 seconds!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17338 on: May 11, 2022, 09:37:57 PM »
Sounds like partially clogged jets.
Gas used in homes is not as pure as we would like it to be. Often there is a tiny amount of residual oils in the gas we buy.
Over time the pressurized gas can condense where there is a reduction of pressure in the system. It can gather in the jets, which control the flow of gas to the burners. This condensed gas impurity often shows up as a solid deposit inside the actual airway after some use. Clean them out, but be very careful NOT to change the "size" of the jets or the flow characteristics will be altered. You already have that causing you a problem somewhere in the flow path and it is easy to fix.

Take the top off, find where the gas comes into the burner structure, take that apart and clean out the tiny little holes partially obstructed with built up oils from the jets.
A large percentage of the time, that's all the problem is and it is that easy to fix.
Put it all back together and you should be good for another few years.

... or call someone and pay a service charge and repair fee. It's not safe that way. Fix it!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 09:48:24 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17339 on: May 11, 2022, 09:44:49 PM »
^We had a similar problem with our oven. We got someone in to fix it rather than fix it ourselves. It's now been fine for over a year. The burners on the stove on the other hand are easy to take apart and clean so we've had no problem with those.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae