Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232306 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #17280 on: May 05, 2022, 10:08:30 PM »
Cub is sick. Again. So much kiddyvomit.

It was going to be a fun day at work too.
:zombiefuck:
Bummer!
I hope he's better soon.

My daughter had a rough time with vomiting as a youngling.  She would "freak out" and try to run away from it, shaking her head and spewing on every wall, floor, even a ceiling hit at times.

Ceiling  :LOL:

The last time this happened was while picking someone up at the airport, and I didn't get him unstrapped from the car seat in time.  :zombiefuck:

Hypervigilance established, and this time around I got his face in a lined trashcan all but one of the "eruptions".

Recovery probably is taking longer than it could have, because I can't convince him that Gatorade will help with rehydration/headache/general feeling like shit.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17281 on: May 06, 2022, 06:07:20 AM »

Solar booster?
Like you have a set of solar panels?
That would be the last thing I would turn off. 

Our house came with a few roof mounted panels, probably enough to pay for half the AC during the worst month of summer, but not much more. They do not cost to run.
Admittedly, I have given the system only a perfunctory look over, but I would never disable them, even when they are mostly idling through the winter months, they still save a few cents.

What are you talking about?

Solar hot water. Ain't nothing worse than coming home to a tepid shower at the end of a cold rainy day. Or if it's just warm enough in the evening it won't be in the morning if I don't turn on the booster before bed. I haven't lived here long enough to see the effect of the booster on my power bill yet, but the solar performed very well over summer

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17282 on: May 06, 2022, 06:17:22 AM »
Cub is sick. Again. So much kiddyvomit.

It was going to be a fun day at work too.
:zombiefuck:
Bummer!
I hope he's better soon.

My daughter had a rough time with vomiting as a youngling.  She would "freak out" and try to run away from it, shaking her head and spewing on every wall, floor, even a ceiling hit at times.

The last time this happened was while picking someone up at the airport, and I didn't get him unstrapped from the car seat in time.  :zombiefuck:

Hypervigilance established, and this time around I got his face in a lined trashcan all but one of the "eruptions".

Recovery probably is taking longer than it could have, because I can't convince him that Gatorade will help with rehydration/headache/general feeling like shit.

Out of the 9,000 fucking "flavors" of Gatorade, you can't find even one that he can tolerate, even using it as medicinal treatment? Maybe he just doesn't like the taste of sweat with flowers in it.
That's what all those flavors I've tried taste like to me. Don't really blame him for not wanting to drink that.
I don't have a solution to offer.
He just has to grow up now and try again.
Last time I was that sick, I had a flu and I was pounding so much fluid, just water mainly because I could not even keep down anything, I started to feel like this guy:
 :cbc:

Yes, the ceiling.
You could follow the streaks during clean up. The velocity to spray it everywhere came from her trying to hit it when it came out. She was terrified.  She would run, screaming and flailing her arms, trying to escape vomiting. Batting at the stream as it came out. It went everywhere. You try to catch her, console her, contain the fucking mess, but she was covered in it and too slippery to catch without just tackling her.
Not just once. This happened until she was about eight, every time she threw up. We developed a vigilance as well.

At school, the nurse kept a change of clothes for her, in case it happened again. I would loved to have been a "fly on the wall" to just see when it happened in class and the teacher would not let her go to the bathroom, because the class would be over in a few minutes. She sprayed the class with vomit, screaming, writhing, batting at it. Not sure if that ceiling was hit or not.  That happened twice.
So much for ever having any friends.

Parent/teacher conferences ensued. We had tried to explain to them that (as a non-verbal autistic until the age of three) if she has mustered the courage to ask for something, it is because she NEEDS it to happen, right now.
At twenty one, she just takes two or three days off and curls into a ball if she's the least bit nauseated. Doesn't scream as much. Still a trigger.

I'm not saying that she was a bigger handful than any other kid, but vomiting was one of her "freak out and LOSE it" triggers.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 12:37:00 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17283 on: May 06, 2022, 06:34:59 AM »

Solar booster?
Like you have a set of solar panels?
That would be the last thing I would turn off. 

Our house came with a few roof mounted panels, probably enough to pay for half the AC during the worst month of summer, but not much more. They do not cost to run.
Admittedly, I have given the system only a perfunctory look over, but I would never disable them, even when they are mostly idling through the winter months, they still save a few cents.

What are you talking about?

Solar hot water. Ain't nothing worse than coming home to a tepid shower at the end of a cold rainy day. Or if it's just warm enough in the evening it won't be in the morning if I don't turn on the booster before bed. I haven't lived here long enough to see the effect of the booster on my power bill yet, but the solar performed very well over summer

OK, gotcha. Those have to be shut off and drained here in Indiana, if you have one. Winter can gets too cold to do much good at times. They would only work from May to October.
It is mainly the DIY greenies who use them here. The people who use them on warm winter days have to jack with them every single day.

It's that electric booster that makes them not very useful here for saving money. Cost more to keep them from freezing than the weak-ass winter sun can make up.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17284 on: May 06, 2022, 08:35:18 AM »
Ah, well here in Australia we supposedly have an abundance of sunlight (except here today, and yesterday, and the past two months really). If there is any place in the world that should be using the sun as it's main power source this country is it, but the government has too many friends in the coal industry.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #17285 on: May 06, 2022, 09:51:27 AM »

Out the 9,000 fucking "flavors" of Gatorade, you can't find even one that he can tolerate, even using it as medicinal treatment? Maybe he just doesn't like the taste of sweat with flowers in it.
That what all those flavors I've tried taste like to me. Don't really blame him for not wanting to drink that.

TBH I've only tried the red one.

He has a thing about red medicine. A couple years ago he bashed a front tooth on a toilet seat and the tooth eventually died and had to be taken out. For a while he had a lot of toothaches and I would give him baby tylenol. But he would refuse any flavor of kiddy painkiller unless it had red dye in it. I was driving around to every pharmacy in the area, trying to find ones that had red in stock. At one point I was trying red food coloring, but it wasn't the right shade of red and he didn't buy it.

So I got him red gatorade after the airport incident. But the first time I made the mistake of offering it in a juice cup, and he got spooked because I said it was red medicine and I guess it looked like too much. He eventually took a tiny bit in a little plastic medicine cup and said it tasted like popsicles. But this time I called it red juice and he wouldn't try it.

I don't drink the stuff myself, I take an electrolyte pill if I need it, but the pills are too big for a kiddo to swallow.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #17286 on: May 06, 2022, 12:37:20 PM »
There are pedialyte popscicles.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #17287 on: May 06, 2022, 12:48:44 PM »
Or, one could make homemade Gatorade popsicles.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17288 on: May 06, 2022, 01:14:06 PM »

Enough about ancient history. My daughter is amazing!

She is probably going to be a writer. She already is, and quite accomplished, but not many know, yet. She is brilliant and loving and empathic. She loves animals, plants (yep, names them) old cars, history, forests, short hikes, ME and most everything.

She is perfectly fine, doesn't have to FIX everything (like I have to) and will find her way to something that fullfils her in time.

Don't mean to play "Opposite Dad" here, but I think she needs a wholesome, upstanding boyfriend.
She's old enough and she knows her way around blades, guns, mowers, the kitchen, the value of listening. She has chopped down a tree with my chainsaw! By herself. She knows all my tools and can use most of them. She is an amazing young woman.

If only I could instill the confidence she needs to rule her little corner of the world, we'd be all set.

Sorry for going so far into the weeds with the other vomit thing. She is going to do great things! I love her dearly and she conceeds to always remaining, Daddy's girl.

Enough "clearing it up,"  too.  She's fine!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17289 on: May 06, 2022, 01:17:09 PM »

Good call. Every kid like popsicles!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17290 on: May 06, 2022, 01:22:53 PM »

Out the 9,000 fucking "flavors" of Gatorade, you can't find even one that he can tolerate, even using it as medicinal treatment? Maybe he just doesn't like the taste of sweat with flowers in it.
That what all those flavors I've tried taste like to me. Don't really blame him for not wanting to drink that.

TBH I've only tried the red one.

He has a thing about red medicine. A couple years ago he bashed a front tooth on a toilet seat and the tooth eventually died and had to be taken out. For a while he had a lot of toothaches and I would give him baby tylenol. But he would refuse any flavor of kiddy painkiller unless it had red dye in it. I was driving around to every pharmacy in the area, trying to find ones that had red in stock. At one point I was trying red food coloring, but it wasn't the right shade of red and he didn't buy it.

So I got him red gatorade after the airport incident. But the first time I made the mistake of offering it in a juice cup, and he got spooked because I said it was red medicine and I guess it looked like too much. He eventually took a tiny bit in a little plastic medicine cup and said it tasted like popsicles. But this time I called it red juice and he wouldn't try it.

I don't drink the stuff myself, I take an electrolyte pill if I need it, but the pills are too big for a kiddo to swallow.

See, as I said once before, he's in good hands.
Merely knowing this about him is a part of your kid kitbag that many parents don't even notice.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Those electrolyte pills sound like something my wife needs for summer work.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 01:24:43 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #17291 on: May 06, 2022, 01:59:03 PM »

Yessss. This needs to happen.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17292 on: May 06, 2022, 02:04:15 PM »
Ah, well here in Australia we supposedly have an abundance of sunlight (except here today, and yesterday, and the past two months really). If there is any place in the world that should be using the sun as it's main power source this country is it, but the government has too many friends in the coal industry.

That's the problem with most governments. Those who pay can buy the government they want.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17293 on: May 06, 2022, 04:20:50 PM »
The troublemakers (Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dummer) keep contacting my friend saying shit about me... luckily my friend isn't believing their drama (SPED buddies forever?)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17294 on: May 06, 2022, 07:55:30 PM »
^ The troublemakers have too much time on their hands.

Allergies. My nose has been blocked for the past week. Argh!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae