Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234851 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #17160 on: March 01, 2022, 08:22:07 PM »
I'm too fucking fat
So am I. I'd like to lose the 30 kilos that I gained.
I want to get off the medication that's making me fat :(
Same here. There's two of them. But I'm scared to come off them in case I get mentally ill again.

Went through that... and all I can say it was hell for 6 months

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17161 on: March 02, 2022, 12:13:14 AM »
Got two hairline cracks in my phone screen
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17162 on: March 02, 2022, 08:23:48 AM »
Mine, too, Parts. It happened about two years ago and my phone was just out of warranty, so no free fix.

I have kept using it the whole time with no issues. It is obviously time to upgrade to the latest and best, but we've been busy lately. This past year has been about the city taking our home and me doing everything I could to maximize our pay off from the city.

If the cracks in your phone do not affect any workings of the device, you might get away with using it a while longer until you can upgrade. I plan to upgrade very soon, but still have many things jerking at me right now.

As far as a Quick Bitch, though, I got nothing to bitch about. Great sleep, beautiful day, plenty to do, but time to do it, mostly. Wishing the same for all.
 :clap:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17163 on: March 02, 2022, 09:15:08 AM »
I'm too fucking fat

I have read about a form of torture that some have tried on themselves to help lose weight. It constitues psycological warfare in my estimation and I have not tried it. Some say to put a mirror directly in front of your toilet so you have to watch yourself going potty and reflect upon how obese you are. Supposedly you will have a constant reminder of just how disgusting you are and be inspired to take action.

Sounds devastating.

What has helped me to lose thirty pounds is that I recognize that my eyes are always bigger than my stomach, as the saying goes. I typically overfill my plate and still suffering my mom's admonitions I tend to clean my plate. So, I stopped doing that. I always leave some of what I dished out for myself. Makes the dog happy, too.

Trying to listen to your body's warning signs is difficult, but slowing down at meal time helps to know when to stop eating.

If it was only that simple, right? I know many, including my daughter, have thyroid issues fighting her, but she is doing great, just a little overweight, now. And me too. Daily walking or biking has help me also.

I also understand that most drugs that affect brain chemicals cause us to lose the natural sentivities that tell us many things.

The mirror torture would be a last resort, to say the least, but good luck with your journey back to health!! Both of you.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 10:43:18 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17164 on: March 02, 2022, 08:30:51 PM »
Thanks, DirtDawg. I know I do need to get more exercise.

My quick bitch is that I was woken up today by the gardener using their whipper-snipper close to my bedroom window. And I couldn't get back to sleep after they finished.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #17165 on: March 03, 2022, 01:09:34 PM »
I'm too fucking fat

I have read about a form of torture that some have tried on themselves to help lose weight. It constitues psycological warfare in my estimation and I have not tried it. Some say to put a mirror directly in front of your toilet so you have to watch yourself going potty and reflect upon how obese you are. Supposedly you will have a constant reminder of just how disgusting you are and be inspired to take action.

Sounds devastating.

What has helped me to lose thirty pounds is that I recognize that my eyes are always bigger than my stomach, as the saying goes. I typically overfill my plate and still suffering my mom's admonitions I tend to clean my plate. So, I stopped doing that. I always leave some of what I dished out for myself. Makes the dog happy, too.

Trying to listen to your body's warning signs is difficult, but slowing down at meal time helps to know when to stop eating.

If it was only that simple, right? I know many, including my daughter, have thyroid issues fighting her, but she is doing great, just a little overweight, now. And me too. Daily walking or biking has help me also.

I also understand that most drugs that affect brain chemicals cause us to lose the natural sentivities that tell us many things.

The mirror torture would be a last resort, to say the least, but good luck with your journey back to health!! Both of you.

Stress works for me...I do not recommend.

Those tempered glass screen covers have been the best here. I've replaced them a ton of times already on the boy's phone and hubby's. They are always dropping them. The screen cover cracks easily, but you pry it off and 100% of the time, the actual screen is fine.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17166 on: March 03, 2022, 06:21:20 PM »
Exactly!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17167 on: March 03, 2022, 06:27:46 PM »
I can't find my wireless mouse!!

As a stop gap, I am using the crappy cabled one that came with my ancient computer. The cable is SHORT and it types when I'm not looking.  MF!!  Probably just going to pop into BB and buy what ever they have on sale.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17168 on: March 04, 2022, 03:21:03 PM »
If I recall I only did one prank call not multiple... also I wasn't that troll's boyfriend to begin with, or to end with.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17169 on: March 04, 2022, 07:24:46 PM »
I was kept awake by the neighbours across the road last night and woken up by them this morning. One of them has a loud, obnoxious voice and another coughs a lot.  :blah: :grrr:
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17170 on: March 04, 2022, 07:34:04 PM »
Quote from: Parts on March 02, 2022, 01:13:14 AM

Those tempered glass screen covers have been the best here. I've replaced them a ton of times already on the boy's phone and hubby's. They are always dropping them. The screen cover cracks easily, but you pry it off and 100% of the time, the actual screen is fine.

Been informed that I have insurance on it :hyke: Will look into the screen covers :thumbup: 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17171 on: March 04, 2022, 09:01:54 PM »
I'm ready for the next step.... whatever that may be... DAMN IT!

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17172 on: March 07, 2022, 01:29:39 AM »
My Symbicort (asthma puffer) makes my voice all croaky.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17173 on: March 07, 2022, 03:30:49 PM »
My back is killing me... again. Sucks getting older.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17174 on: March 09, 2022, 08:09:21 PM »
Will this once-a-month cycle ever end!?!

Oy Vey for the love of God, and everything holy... Will it finally end???