Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235727 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #16785 on: August 31, 2021, 04:39:21 AM »
Had to take kid shopping yesterday and some random guy approaches me while we're picking out plums in the produce section and proceeds to go on a rant lecturing me about wearing a mask. :dunno: I told him I'm going through menopause and it keeps me from biting people...which has become my go to response anymore. Fucker backed up quick after that, he's lucky I didn't stick a plum up his scrawny ass.

Try to respond to them rationally and they want to argue, ignore them and they follow you around for awhile...but the crazy card always works.

I want one of those masks Hannibal wore in the silence of the lambs...I'll just add a filter.
...90% of them just walk past and won't talk to me...which is just wonderful and another reason I'm not taking it off anytime soon yet...but their is always that random a$$hat...always.

Hubby had to open the bar back up...and you know masks ain't happening in there. I'm sure it's just a matter of time. I'm worn out.

I usually don't like it when people try to talk to me in stores. No one's ever said anything about my mask, but sometimes people compliment me me on my grocery bags and I do like that. The boy bought them for me for christmas a couple years ago, they're super fancy and I still love them. I recently went back to shopping twice a month instead of every week, so now things are back to where someone is always making weird comments or asking questions on my amount of groceries. Wow that sure is a lot of groceries, how long does that last, you must have a really big family, and so on. But I don't have a big family. It's three adults and we don't eat out, and it's enough to feed us normal amounts of food for two weeks. I really don't think it's that much, and those people always make me feel uncomfortable when all I'm trying to do is buy my bitches some food.  :dunno:

Shopping bag enthusiasm is one other thing we share.
My favorite bag is from a concert I attended in the '90s. So, yeah, twenty something years old. It is screen printed on one side with a super simple,  "JC Penny,"  but the BAG itself is amazing. It was made of high thread count heavy linen, with a shoulder strap. Made in Brazil for some promotional giveaway where they hand out a bag of crap they want to sell more of, BUT in this instance it was the bag itself that was the truly treasured and it turns out, long lasting gift/bounty/loot.

I have machine washed it a hundred times and it is still just fine. The logo has faded, but the fading is witness to its longevity. I wish I could just go out and buy four more just like it, today. I might buy more.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 04:55:39 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #16786 on: August 31, 2021, 04:53:39 AM »
Hubby had to open the bar back up...and you know masks ain't happening in there. I'm sure it's just a matter of time. I'm worn out.

I have always "dreamed" of having a bar. I think EVERY amateur drinker does from time to time.
 :LOL:

Small business seems like a tough balancing act these days.
Good luck with the enterprise!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #16787 on: August 31, 2021, 05:38:09 AM »
Had to take kid shopping yesterday and some random guy approaches me while we're picking out plums in the produce section and proceeds to go on a rant lecturing me about wearing a mask. :dunno: I told him I'm going through menopause and it keeps me from biting people...which has become my go to response anymore. Fucker backed up quick after that, he's lucky I didn't stick a plum up his scrawny ass.

Try to respond to them rationally and they want to argue, ignore them and they follow you around for awhile...but the crazy card always works.

I want one of those masks Hannibal wore in the silence of the lambs...I'll just add a filter.
...90% of them just walk past and won't talk to me...which is just wonderful and another reason I'm not taking it off anytime soon yet...but their is always that random a$$hat...always.

I usually don't like it when people try to talk to me in stores. No one's ever said anything about my mask, but sometimes people compliment me me on my grocery bags and I do like that. The boy bought them for me for christmas a couple years ago, they're super fancy and I still love them. I recently went back to shopping twice a month instead of every week, so now things are back to where someone is always making weird comments or asking questions on my amount of groceries. Wow that sure is a lot of groceries, how long does that last, you must have a really big family, and so on. But I don't have a big family. It's three adults and we don't eat out, and it's enough to feed us normal amounts of food for two weeks. I really don't think it's that much, and those people always make me feel uncomfortable when all I'm trying to do is buy my bitches some food.  :dunno:

Shopping bag enthusiasm is one other thing we share.
My favorite bag is from a concert I attended in the '90s. So, yeah, twenty something years old. It is screen printed on one side with a super simple,  "JC Penny,"  but the BAG itself is amazing. It was made of high thread count heavy linen, with a shoulder strap. Made in Brazil for some promotional giveaway where they hand out a bag of crap they want to sell more of, BUT in this instance it was the bag itself that was the truly treasured and it turns out, long lasting gift/bounty/loot.

I have machine washed it a hundred times and it is still just fine. The logo has faded, but the fading is witness to its longevity. I wish I could just go out and buy four more just like it, today. I might buy more.

The main reason I love my bags so much is they're not like bags. They have stiff sides so they're more like boxes with straps, and they open and fold flat like cube storage containers. I don't have to hold them open while filling them, nothing shifts around and gets smushed, and they're the perfect size so I don't load them too heavy like my old bags. They're also aesthetically pleasing and I think that's what catches other people's attention.  :thumbup:
:gopher:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16788 on: August 31, 2021, 08:01:10 AM »
I have ones like that. They're a new thing here because the main grocery store I go to has stopped carrying plastic bags. The paper ones are very wholesome but they don't do too well with damp and heavy stuff. I'm still getting used to them but I could see myself coming to like them eventually.

Still have a whole lot of canvas bags too, mostly from WolFish, and donated even more. He saved the bags from stores he particularly liked.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #16789 on: August 31, 2021, 02:51:58 PM »
That's a Capital WTF!!

It is not just the several of your states gone bonkers, though.

Over here, we are just as troubled to know what to do next.

With our President calling upon privately AND publicly-owned corporations to "help him" to make everyone get the shot or not be able to work, mask up again or no indoor business,  our futures are only vaguely defined for now.

He is doing so much while reaching for a New Pen with Fresh Ink to continually circumvent Congress by Executive Order.

... and I thought the last moron at the helm was heavy-handed.

The washed-up businessman/reality tv star, or the moron who had Dumb luck getting the presidency because his pal over in the Kremlin planned the timebomb in the free office 4 years in advance?

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16790 on: September 01, 2021, 10:30:23 AM »
Clogged kitchen drain. I'm now the proud owner of a fifteen foot drain auger, but it wasn't enough. Pro's coming first thing tomorrow morning.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #16791 on: September 01, 2021, 11:54:47 AM »
Crap crap crap, I need to have a new crown put on my back molar to replace the one that was put on to fix the broken tooth.  And I have the most horrid sensitive gag reflex.  <sigh> The Dentist is going to have to give me the major cocktail of numbing stuff to keep me from puking the impression jell out.   OY
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 11:57:02 AM by rock hound »
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16792 on: September 01, 2021, 12:39:33 PM »
I think they can sometimes do electronic scans for that now, depending on the dentist.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #16793 on: September 01, 2021, 12:53:36 PM »
I think they can sometimes do electronic scans for that now, depending on the dentist.

That would be great, but, yep, it depends on the dentist and I don't think mine has that technology yet. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #16794 on: September 01, 2021, 01:47:50 PM »
I hate them.... I absolutely hate them

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16795 on: September 01, 2021, 03:18:10 PM »
Found a bug in a conversion script that is part of a proof of concept system for a potential customer... just days before they're supposed to decide if they want to buy it. Ugh.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16796 on: September 01, 2021, 08:28:09 PM »
Raining off and on all day
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16797 on: September 02, 2021, 05:13:44 AM »
Strata voted against repairing my termite damage. Not sure what to do going forward. I sure as shit ain't telling the buyer or their solicitor!
With 8 weeks to go till settlement there's time to apply to tribunal to reverse their decision, but since the contract exchange am I even a party to the dispute anymore?

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #16798 on: September 02, 2021, 04:07:53 PM »
I have ones like that. They're a new thing here because the main grocery store I go to has stopped carrying plastic bags. The paper ones are very wholesome but they don't do too well with damp and heavy stuff. I'm still getting used to them but I could see myself coming to like them eventually.

Still have a whole lot of canvas bags too, mostly from WolFish, and donated even more. He saved the bags from stores he particularly liked.

It took me a little while to get used to filling them, because my previous bags were much bigger and I used them for a long time.  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16799 on: September 02, 2021, 05:19:15 PM »
Very tired today got little done
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw