Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232802 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #16650 on: July 17, 2021, 09:17:51 PM »
Walmart store managers are nothing but glorified cashiers.  And it shows.  ARROGANCE!

Walmart keeps having managers switch departments... and I don't know who to report to anymore if I have "issues with certain tasks".

I gave up on that months ago.  As far as I am concerned walmart mgr's are a useless lot.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16651 on: July 19, 2021, 03:53:35 AM »
Somebody from Sydney travelled north and went to a pub in Coffs Harbour while covid positive. A partner from work went to that same pub on Saturday, so that's nice :zombiefuck:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #16652 on: July 19, 2021, 03:22:47 PM »
I have just gotten my advanced bloodwork results from my doctor visit a while back. I have antibodies in my blood confirmed from the original Covid-19 strain and the more troubling Delta variant.
That means I have had Covid-19 twice and did not know it. I have developed a problematic sinus reaction in my elder years that I never had to deal with before, so,  I probably felt something from the Covid, but passed it off as another few "sinussy days" in a row.

Honestly, we have been very careful. Having people in your home exposed to public constantly, like my son - Works at a grocery store, my daughter - Works at a restaurant and my wife - Works as a UPS driver, it is a little insane to imagine that we could possibly quarantine and keep LIFE going. We have done our level best to stay safe, even to the point last year of my wife undressing in the garage before she came into the house.

Still this sneaky bastard has entered our lives.
Main Take Away from this wall of text exercise is that  We ALL survived!!

Honestly, only clue I had is that I can no longer taste mustard or ginger  ......  a couple of my favorite things. I passed that off at first to switching pipe tobaccos at first, since my old favorite is no longer available and similar flavor I found is not as mild as the old one. :bigcry:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 03:29:05 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16653 on: July 19, 2021, 09:34:22 PM »
Well damn. I hope the tastes come back with time and don't turn out to be a permanent thing.

If you had it twice I hope the others in your family didn't get it too. Three outside workers, that's rough.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16654 on: July 20, 2021, 05:33:46 AM »
No texts or emails from my agent today (or, any of my agents I deal with now. Whats that saying about too many cooks?).
I guess that means the potential buyers from Friday have walked away  :'(

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16655 on: July 20, 2021, 12:25:50 PM »
Well damn. I hope the tastes come back with time and don't turn out to be a permanent thing.

If you had it twice I hope the others in your family didn't get it too. Three outside workers, that's rough.

Pretty sure the others were not only carriers but just as infected as I was.

My High Risk status was a large part of our considerations as we dealt with the crap from last year, as a family. Everyone who could HAD to keep working, also. I was Sister Lysol with my little spray bottle following everyone into the house to the shower and "sanitizing" the path they took. I say Sister, not because I am confused as to which bathroom I should use, but I wear an apron when I do kitchen things, including any amount of cleaning. I have several. It is easier to wear an apron and wash several of mine every day and if "caught"  Aprons are even easier to Defend if necessary than the idiocy of masks.

BTW, my favorite ones are ones I have made from my old blue jeans. I don't sew well, but I can "Stitch and Rivet" shit together permanently. So, yeah I have made about twenty aprons over the years from old worn out blue jeans. They are amazing in the shop as well to catch sawdust and any overspays of chemically shit or paints or stains.
So, I am Sister Lysol with my enormous spray bottle of anti-whatever against which no one dares argue.
 :lol1:

Still, we were infected.  BUT,  I have to reiterate the Take Away from before... we are all still alive!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 12:29:46 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16656 on: July 20, 2021, 01:02:49 PM »
Had my first proper asthma attack in years a few days ago. Took me a few days to recover. No fun, especially since we went away for a few days to visit my sister. I hadn't seen her since before covid.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16657 on: July 20, 2021, 09:10:29 PM »
Love driving at night and some asshole gets behind me with high intensity LED lights that you could count the hairs on a racoons ass by.   :finger:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16658 on: July 21, 2021, 05:12:35 AM »
Had my first proper asthma attack in years a few days ago. Took me a few days to recover. No fun, especially since we went away for a few days to visit my sister. I hadn't seen her since before covid.

All this while on holiday?

FUCK!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16659 on: July 21, 2021, 05:14:14 AM »
Love driving at night and some asshole gets behind me with high intensity LED lights that you could count the hairs on a racoons ass by.   :finger:

This is me not really trying to respond to you:

Sometimes we just get in peoples' way. I hate it, too.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16660 on: July 21, 2021, 05:32:07 AM »

Due to this post, Pyraxis, and a final bit of prompting from the questions my doctor asked, yesterday after the review appointment, INSPIRING ever more questions of my own, We are all going into my doctor  (as a one time thing, they say) to have all the same tests run on all of us, as a family. Doesn't sound like the kind of "invasion of privacy" that most people might want. Right?

I signed up.
I know I was raised Southern Baptist and get some cargo from that, but if, if, IF!!  if I have grown an inch, I want to help with all this. I want it over and done.

I can allow that there is a small amount of "personal freedom" I am personally willling to ALLOW (as my grandfather used to say, one thing he learned in law school before he got drunk) to be out there if it all helps end this Pandemic.

There, I put it in writing.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16661 on: July 21, 2021, 05:42:10 AM »
This is not really BITCH and I want to make this point sharp and clear.

Instead of going to the proper thread, I just found the post again and dumped.

I am actually kind of anxious to know some things. Maybe a little proud to help.

Also the testing is being further refined on a daily basis.  Amazing things are happening at IU Medical, as I am certain every med school on the entire planet can claim and boast.

Not saying to move a post, but sometimes bitching >>>>> progress
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 05:44:23 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16662 on: July 21, 2021, 07:34:11 AM »
Yeah speaking of help and science and all that, I am trying to figure out what to do about this morning's second shot. The cub has a stuffy nose and my throat is just a little tight. It is probably from all the wildfire smoke about, but technically... that means I should keep him home and reschedule my appt. I really don't want to keep pushing it off. So so sick of all this.

Not really asking for advice cause by the time anyone sees this it'll be already decided. But,  :GA:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16663 on: July 21, 2021, 10:30:05 AM »
So, one of my pet peeves is having an appt. and finding that it has to be cancelled.  In this case my Pneumovax shot.  As the shipment has not arrived twice when they were expecting it.  I was given the option of making another appt. or they will call me when they finally receive their shipment.  I chose, call me when they actually get it.  I hate driving any distance for nothing.  They obviously didn't think of calling me.

So yeah, I hate wasting my time.  Fortunately, thru bitter past experience, it pays to have other errands to run at the same time of the trip.  In this case gas for the car and a trip to the Goodwill store. 

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16664 on: July 21, 2021, 10:50:03 AM »
No texts or emails from my agent today (or, any of my agents I deal with now. Whats that saying about too many cooks?).
I guess that means the potential buyers from Friday have walked away  :'(
Sorry to have missed so much lately, but I am gathering that you are about to re-dwell?

We are as well. No small thing!!!