Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 230900 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #16590 on: June 22, 2021, 01:57:00 PM »
I hate this time of year.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16591 on: June 23, 2021, 06:52:17 AM »
Muscle ache after the second jab.

Yeah, I felt the same thing as well.  It went away in a day or so.  Just happy to get it over with!

Oh me too. I have a headache and the arm is still sore, and my head feels like it's in a cloudy mist, but I much prefer the side effects to Covid.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16592 on: June 23, 2021, 08:43:31 AM »
I need a pair HID headlight globe assemblies. Both originals in my car just died within weeks of one another.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #16593 on: June 23, 2021, 08:47:21 AM »

Yeah, I felt the same thing as well.  It went away in a day or so.  Just happy to get it over with!

Oh me too. I have a headache and the arm is still sore, and my head feels like it's in a cloudy mist, but I much prefer the side effects to Covid.

I upped my dosage of caffeine the next day.  Which was a work day.  As well as taking both tylenol and aleve to get thru. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #16594 on: June 23, 2021, 09:02:19 AM »

Same with my son's second shot. No predicted side effects except the very sore arm, generating whiny behaviors.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16595 on: June 23, 2021, 03:39:00 PM »
I need a pair HID headlight globe assemblies. Both originals in my car just died within weeks of one another.

That's way worse than mine. I have my "system" warning me that I need to replace the rear turn signal lamp. No small endeavor, but these things are not expensive like those headlights.

Good luck! :viking:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16596 on: June 23, 2021, 06:49:45 PM »
Mice crewed though the plastic on bottles of motor oil in my shed making a mess and I got it all over a shirt while cleaning it up
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16597 on: June 24, 2021, 05:42:25 AM »

That's way worse than mine. I have my "system" warning me that I need to replace the rear turn signal lamp. No small endeavor, but these things are not expensive like those headlights.

I'd say $130 for the pair isn't that bad, compared to the OEM ones that are $300+ each. I have no idea why they're so much cheaper. They're made by a company that apparently makes really good LED light bars.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16598 on: June 24, 2021, 05:47:28 AM »
I have some people coming up from Sydney on Saturday to inspect the house, despite the new COVID restrictions placed on Sydney today.
What part of Sydney are they coming from, hmm? :eyebrow:
I know they say you can travel outside the metro area in the course of finding new housing, but 400km outside the metro area...?

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #16599 on: June 24, 2021, 08:38:57 AM »
I have some people coming up from Sydney on Saturday to inspect the house, despite the new COVID restrictions placed on Sydney today.
What part of Sydney are they coming from, hmm? :eyebrow:
I know they say you can travel outside the metro area in the course of finding new housing, but 400km outside the metro area...?

We had a similar situation here.  Where there was a flood of people coming up to New Hampshire and buying homes as fast as they were available.  Boston had major restrictions for awhile.  Units in our townhouse development are being snapped up as soon as they are finished building them.  Many of the cars are from out of state.  Way out of state!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16600 on: June 25, 2021, 01:15:10 AM »
People around here are now behaving like the pandemic is over. Fucking idiots.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16601 on: June 25, 2021, 07:45:08 AM »

I'd say $130 for the pair isn't that bad, compared to the OEM ones that are $300+ each. I have no idea why they're so much cheaper. They're made by a company that apparently makes really good LED light bars.

That is just the "weight" of being the OEM. They have to charge more to cover their asses against legal concepts most do not want to think about.

That sounds like a great price. I see no reason to spend more. Mine were about that much for one headlight when I had to buy one on my last car.*

*which got broke last fall. Different(same) car now.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 07:52:51 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16602 on: June 25, 2021, 07:49:49 AM »
People around here are now behaving like the pandemic is over. Fucking idiots.

RIGHT!!??!!??!!

I see companies going outside for meetings, but they are not taking advantage of being outside. They are gathering in close masses, outside.

Over here, it seems that we are trying to (desperately) meet the numerical quotas "science" has told us represent this elusive herd immunity thingy. Assuming we are there might be a stretch of the statistics.

*tips hat to intelligence*

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16603 on: June 25, 2021, 09:50:58 AM »
$1900 to fix the van :bigcry:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16604 on: June 25, 2021, 11:19:29 AM »
Playing "Taps"  and lowering flags to half staff.

My daughter was opening a three pound container of fresh coffee, struggled with the plastic inner seal and dropped the entire thing on the floor.

We're all sad here.  :hair:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 12:13:06 PM by DirtDawg »