Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235794 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #16560 on: June 09, 2021, 07:55:55 AM »
No more than several hours after my place was officially listed this morning, a neighbour has already expressed interest.
Piss off whichever neighbour you are! I wouldn't sell it to you even if you paid me double.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16561 on: June 10, 2021, 12:37:59 PM »
Headache.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16562 on: June 11, 2021, 02:49:12 PM »
Anxious again though not as bad as last time.   
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16563 on: June 12, 2021, 02:34:06 PM »
Cub won't sleep.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16564 on: June 12, 2021, 05:15:44 PM »
The graphics driver is lagging. Not sure how to troubleshoot it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #16565 on: June 12, 2021, 09:43:53 PM »
Summertime is here and the vacationers are flooding north.  And the customers on Saturday are fucking nuts.  Tonite, I was working my normal aisle stocking product.  And all of a sudden I hear behind me the urgent demanding, "Excuse me sir, sir, sir...."  And this lady is coming up mumbling something frantic, so I tell her to speak more clearly and listen to this, "I am looking for a single can of Shweppes" (which is a ginger ale or tonic water), "Can you help me?"  I tell her the soda aisle is over there, but, she says, "They only have 6 packs, I just want one!"  Now she looks like she is in a crisis mode.  So I am about to tell her that there are single cans up front by the cash registers, but, she cuts me off and says, "Oh wait, there are single cans up front!  Can you come with me to point them out?" In a demanding tone, with anxious undertones.  Now I cannot be somebodies personal shopper and this lady is tripping red flags with my nursing instincts and psych knowledge.  So I say truthfully, I cannot leave my designated work area.  She looks anxious and a bit angry at me as she heads that way and then looks behind her to see if I am following her to do her bidding.  Which I am not!  I wind up telling managers and supervisors about it, as well as co-workers and they all agreed with my assessment that she was unreasonable.  And some of them have their own horror customer stories.  Now I know that we have single cans of soda/energy drinks/juices at the cash registers for impulse purchases.  But, I am literally on a timetable to get my assignment DONE by a certain time.  And I cannot be someones  "personal shopper". 

Weekends and summer at walmart...............C'est la vie!  The Karens and Jarrods are out in force.  OY
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16566 on: June 13, 2021, 06:34:40 PM »
Joint pain in my fingers

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #16567 on: June 14, 2021, 11:00:29 AM »

Now on with my true daily bitch ...

I had to have twelve stitches in the Emergency Room last night.

My neighbor has a rescue dog that is troubled. I was petting her, when the owner approached and the dog quickly turned to "PROTECT" mode and attacked me. I was lucky enough to see it happening and dodged the worst of the bite.
She only barely touched me, but it felt like my hand had been pounded by a sledge hammer. Several X-rays and some stitching, I'm fine.

Poor dog, They've had her for over a year and I thought she and I had made progress. I suppose we all have helped her, but she is still "troubled" and reverts to instinctive behaviors at the least change in her environment like "mommmy"  approaching "strange man."

A bit of a shocker, that bite was.

Sounds like the dog has seen some shit. Poor bugger, glad you weren't badly hurt dawg. Half the time that happens over here the dog ends up paying for it. :(
I didn't tell anyone but you folks, but two neighbor kids who love the dog witnessed. We ain't snitches.

You know what they say about snitchy bitches and ditches? Right?

Can't tell them apart after a while.

:lol1:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #16568 on: June 14, 2021, 12:00:12 PM »
Plumbing problems are bitch-worthy.

Went in (FINALLY!!) for my bloodwork and doctor check up. About a year out of date, but have to consider, I was "DUE" for bloodwork last May. It did not happen.
Today, it happened,  finally.

From what my doctor said this morning, I should have been in bed while all this plumbing shit was going on. I knew I was a little under the weather, but Covid?.
The definitive testing will not be ready until about two weeks, but the in-office screen already identified two strains of Covid antibodies in my blood.

Honestly, I thought I had a light cold and was almost over it. First one in almost two years. I've been MUCH more ill with a cold, not to mention bouts with feverish flus at times, so if THAT bit was a Covid infection, I handled it and would not have known, except that we ONLY talk about Covid these days to the doctor.
So it seems. I had three pages of questions to fill out upon entry to the group doctors' offices, where I've been a patient for over twenty years.

I lost thirty pounds since last check up, two years ago. And the doc is lowering my dosage of Blood Pressure meds. Still need the one that keeps my heart from going tachy and pounding a couple of times every few minutes. Doc says that shit is dangerous and MUST be controlled. OK.

Great meet up, but the fun will be the results of all the testing they are yet to complete. I am high risk for Type 2 Diabetes, thyroid difficulties of many sorts, colon cancers and I still smoke my pipe, so just imagine what other horrors my doctor has to navigate just to cover her ass (which, btw, I wouldn't mind if she kept it uncovered in my presence, but that has to do with other health concerns which do not yet seem to be a concern at this time).

;^)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16569 on: June 14, 2021, 01:40:47 PM »
Some building materials are in short supply around here so the prices are shooting up,  changed my price quotes so they are only good for 10 days after I send them out

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16570 on: June 15, 2021, 07:30:34 AM »
Potential Buyer: *hears creak when stepping on floor in certain spot* "The sky is falling, AAAHHHHH, run away!!!"

Now I have to go get my own building reports done  >:(

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16571 on: June 16, 2021, 06:03:54 AM »
Building inspection happening in the morning.
Now I'm more concerned about the old termite damage in the common property roof cavity above my unit.
Emphasis on Old, apparently pre-dates my ownership of the thing. I did all the pre-purchase inspections back in 2011 and it wasn't mentioned.
To this day I'm still unclear whether strata fixed it or not at the time the damage occurred.
What if it's 10's of thousands $$ in damage that they decided to ignore?
My unit is potentially a lemon buy now. Strata won't care if I have to near give the place away thanks to them.
There's a nice lawyer across the road from work, maybe I need to speak to them soon.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16572 on: June 18, 2021, 12:15:47 AM »
Plumbing problems are bitch-worthy.

Went in (FINALLY!!) for my bloodwork and doctor check up. About a year out of date, but have to consider, I was "DUE" for bloodwork last May. It did not happen.
Today, it happened,  finally.

From what my doctor said this morning, I should have been in bed while all this plumbing shit was going on. I knew I was a little under the weather, but Covid?.
The definitive testing will not be ready until about two weeks, but the in-office screen already identified two strains of Covid antibodies in my blood.

Honestly, I thought I had a light cold and was almost over it. First one in almost two years. I've been MUCH more ill with a cold, not to mention bouts with feverish flus at times, so if THAT bit was a Covid infection, I handled it and would not have known, except that we ONLY talk about Covid these days to the doctor.
So it seems. I had three pages of questions to fill out upon entry to the group doctors' offices, where I've been a patient for over twenty years.

I lost thirty pounds since last check up, two years ago. And the doc is lowering my dosage of Blood Pressure meds. Still need the one that keeps my heart from going tachy and pounding a couple of times every few minutes. Doc says that shit is dangerous and MUST be controlled. OK.

Great meet up, but the fun will be the results of all the testing they are yet to complete. I am high risk for Type 2 Diabetes, thyroid difficulties of many sorts, colon cancers and I still smoke my pipe, so just imagine what other horrors my doctor has to navigate just to cover her ass (which, btw, I wouldn't mind if she kept it uncovered in my presence, but that has to do with other health concerns which do not yet seem to be a concern at this time).

;^)

Bloody hell. That's a proper quick bitch.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16573 on: June 18, 2021, 12:18:16 AM »
Slept like shit last night. Too hot, and an army of mosquitos made it their mission to draw blood from me.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16574 on: June 18, 2021, 03:36:05 PM »
The garage sales looked good in the adds last night when I made my list  but not so much when I got there today

George Bernard Shaw