Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234813 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #16365 on: February 25, 2021, 07:16:36 AM »
I shouldn't have thrown out that old towel rail. Now I'm looking for a new one that's an awkward length (can you find a towel rain that's 480mm long? Because I can't)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16366 on: February 25, 2021, 07:33:22 AM »
Wait.... I can make my own towel rails using chrome rods and wardrobe fittings.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16367 on: February 25, 2021, 08:24:40 PM »
You're pretty resourceful!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16368 on: February 25, 2021, 11:34:23 PM »
Tired but cant seem to sleep
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16369 on: February 26, 2021, 04:16:17 AM »
I have misplaced my tube of Nair :zombiefuck:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16370 on: February 26, 2021, 04:20:57 AM »
You're pretty resourceful!

That's all my mum has for towel rails in her bathroom. Just one problem: the wardrobe rod fittings won't fit in my pre-existing anchors in the wall.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16371 on: February 26, 2021, 12:00:19 PM »
My newly ordered speakers are on back order and could take some time to arrive.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16372 on: February 26, 2021, 03:24:26 PM »
The power steering on my van is not working right
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #16373 on: February 26, 2021, 04:44:53 PM »
I'm seriously in limbo right now.......

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #16374 on: February 26, 2021, 09:31:58 PM »
Fucking ants!! All over my kitchen!!

At first it was just the odd few in the cat's food bowls, and I couldn't spray them because the spray makes me gag and cough like mad.
But I had no choice tonight when I got home, they were thick over the benches the floor the cabinets and everywhere.
I had to rewash all the dishes. Wipe down everything. Now I'm about to mop the floors.

It is almost time, I trust, for us to endure similar. Every spring, ants, everywhere.
I can wipe ants off, mostly, but the poop they leave behind when thiouisands of them invade is a kind of hassle.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16375 on: February 26, 2021, 09:44:18 PM »
But, my bitch ...

I am experiencing the same bullshit jeers as a full blown, card carrying anti vaxxer nut job because I am curious for more information about this MRNA treatment to lessen symptoms of a viral infection. I am actually becoming a bit internally streesssed at the fact that the thing available to we millions of Americans is called a vaccination. The product being forced upon us is NOT a vaccine, people. Learn what it is before you consent to aninjection, but give me and mine measles vaccinations all day long. The notion that the general public does not understand half of this terrifies me.

Do any of us really want to intruduce a biological agent into our own bodies that is going to SPEAK to and/or influence our DNA?
I have questions and no one seems to want an answer but me.

:hair:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 10:28:16 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16376 on: February 27, 2021, 08:50:55 PM »
Fucking ants!! All over my kitchen!!

At first it was just the odd few in the cat's food bowls, and I couldn't spray them because the spray makes me gag and cough like mad.
But I had no choice tonight when I got home, they were thick over the benches the floor the cabinets and everywhere.
I had to rewash all the dishes. Wipe down everything. Now I'm about to mop the floors.

It is almost time, I trust, for us to endure similar. Every spring, ants, everywhere.
I can wipe ants off, mostly, but the poop they leave behind when thiouisands of them invade is a kind of hassle.

All the rain we've had keeps washing their nests away, then they rebuild and become more active than ever. I will probably have another invasion shortly, after my cat got into the caramel slices on the kitchen bench. I found one slice but the other one I can't find, and won't find until the ants make a b-line for it inside.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16377 on: February 28, 2021, 12:48:34 AM »
Ants can be fun. I kept a colony, just because I did it when I was a kid for "science."  I was at my second apartment, I think it was, bachelor, exploratory spirit, lonely, mind of a child discovering personal freedom for the first time, still searching for Clue #1, broke, etc.. I tried to "keep" ants contained in a small photographic studio corner of the main room.. Took pics of the nesting and brooding activities of the colony every single day, if not many multiples of pics.

Anyway, back to the present:

Last spring was one of the worst I've seen. And it seemed that there were different ones. An ant is NOT just an ant, BTW. We have non-native species of Many insects introduced too often. I need to take closer look this year. Confirm my fears, as it might turn out.

Oh, and if you need a chemical to help, apple cider vinegar is the best deterrent I've tried. Pretty sure its the acid. Apples are plentiful and cheap here. Vinegar is cheap everywhere.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 12:54:20 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16378 on: February 28, 2021, 12:56:15 AM »
OT:

I should have taken a pic of my beard, before I cut half of it off. It was the longest I have ever grown it. It was just TOO BIG! I had to cut it back some.

Find the bottom of your sternum, now follow your ribs to about the width of your jaw.  Hold your hands there and look in the mirror.
That was the length and width of my beard yesterday.

I should have taken a pic.

:bigcry:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 01:02:18 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16379 on: March 03, 2021, 01:05:20 AM »
It's OK and fine to have me present a strategy for moving to more recent versions of the standards we use at work but damned near impossible to give people the time to make the move. Then, when I point out to a dev that what he's struggling with is doable in an hour with technology from this fucking century, he goes to a manager because he thinks I should fix his problem.

:GA:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein