Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232215 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #15840 on: August 21, 2020, 11:30:34 AM »
That was the initial appeal for me too... but smartphones have really caught up over the years, that it kind of makes it pointless nowadays.
Also don't like wearing glasses, so a larger screen than tablet or phone is preferable.

Offline Conspiracy Nut

• Village idiot
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
« Reply #15841 on: August 21, 2020, 12:15:49 PM »
There aren't enough people on the political right anymore. soon those on the right will be put into camps by the left.

im genuinely worried for my life.
Kick me.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #15842 on: August 21, 2020, 01:19:00 PM »
Yeah they've been doing that for awhile. Not sure how much longer my iPhone will last either. It's a 7 and works great but I couldn't even find a charger in store for it anymore. Had to go through Amazon

I have a 5 and it's just now becoming unworkable. Mainly because too many of the apps I want to use regularly no longer run on it. (Local library app, food delivery, etc.) so with a 7 you might have a little while yet. I think the big problems start when they stop rolling out new OS versions for it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15843 on: August 21, 2020, 02:07:20 PM »
Yeah they've been doing that for awhile. Not sure how much longer my iPhone will last either. It's a 7 and works great but I couldn't even find a charger in store for it anymore. Had to go through Amazon

I have a 5 and it's just now becoming unworkable. Mainly because too many of the apps I want to use regularly no longer run on it. (Local library app, food delivery, etc.) so with a 7 you might have a little while yet. I think the big problems start when they stop rolling out new OS versions for it.
Yeah, you're right. HB was telling me today to just take it in and get an upgrade (I'm due for a free one) but I hate changing phones. I know how this one works, just let me have it :laugh:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15844 on: August 21, 2020, 02:11:42 PM »
I'm always ready to change phones these days. They get stolen or they break, and so I've made sure that I can move to a new one with a minimum of trouble.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #15845 on: August 21, 2020, 02:18:48 PM »
I have a newer one on the way. It was supposed to arrive today.  P

Now I have a quick bitch: I can't find the world's tiniest violin smiley.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15846 on: August 21, 2020, 02:31:25 PM »
It's because it's so tiny. :orly:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #15847 on: August 21, 2020, 02:36:23 PM »
Ah, of course. Why didn't I think of that.

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #15848 on: August 21, 2020, 05:48:28 PM »
*incoming long rant*

2020 is such a bloody write off at this point. Global pandemic and my faith in humanity is an all time low.

Still no word about whether I'm going back to work, which is worrying since my furlough pay ends in October. Luckily we have enough money to cover bills/rent for a year or two, but it's not something I want to think about right now, and that money was supposed to be towards buying a house for me and Emma.

Anxiety/depression got so bad that I'm back on citalopram, which is starting to help a bit, but it doesn't stop that underlying, lingering feeling of hopelessness.

Cut off from any realistic physical social contacts outside Emma's family, my own family is completely fucked up so I'm avoiding contacting them.

Personal savings an all time low. Getting fatter. The stress and anxiety of the past few months likely made me greyer than I normally should be.

Trying to keep my mind off it by going on walks etc, but I feel stuck and unable to move.

It'll be grand!  :zoinks:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15849 on: August 21, 2020, 06:03:08 PM »
It's a shit ton to try and process let alone trying to figure out how to co-exist with it. :hug: Me thinks getting out with your camera would be a decent idea. Did you end up joining that club? Also not a half bad idea. Definitely agree on not contacting the biological set. You don't need that added chaos.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #15850 on: August 21, 2020, 06:05:19 PM »
They're all shut due to covid, unfortunately  :dunno:

Most I can do is go outside as much as I can and hope I don't get cabin fever.

Offline Conspiracy Nut

• Village idiot
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
« Reply #15851 on: August 21, 2020, 06:06:08 PM »
i think you should buy a big bag of weed and go smoke it with your folks. thats always relaxes me.

Kick me.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15852 on: August 21, 2020, 06:09:23 PM »
They're all shut due to covid, unfortunately  :dunno:

Most I can do is go outside as much as I can and hope I don't get cabin fever.
Take your camera and find a place to get out. It's something you're good at and it makes you happy and focused and it gets you out of your own head for awhile. I'm awesome at dishing it out but I need to take my own advice.  :P
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #15853 on: August 21, 2020, 07:37:19 PM »
It might be too much to ask but I wonder if any photography clubs would be up for meeting outdoors for a shooting session or simply a shoot the shit session, staying 2m apart of course.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #15854 on: August 21, 2020, 07:43:09 PM »
It might be too much to ask but I wonder if any photography clubs would be up for meeting outdoors for a shooting session or simply a shoot the shit session, staying 2m apart of course.

If I lived in that area, I would love to do it.  Amber and Carla would also love it.  They love to do photography and I still feel the itch to do so.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant