Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234906 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #15825 on: August 19, 2020, 08:00:18 PM »
Charging cable for my phone went kaput. That means I have to go into Walmart tonight to get another. I really don't want to go into Walmart.  :P

I work there............I hate going into walmart!     <hugs>  Try Best Buy or Staples.
I need a new frying pan so I had to go anyway. lol Got my pan, got my charging cable, come home and the damn charger doesn't fit  :roar: Apparently for iPhone doesn't mean for older iPhones. Ended up saying screw it and just ordered one off Amazon and it should be here by Friday. I can borrow monkeygirls until then.

:fp:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #15826 on: August 20, 2020, 03:51:11 AM »
Charging cable for my phone went kaput. That means I have to go into Walmart tonight to get another. I really don't want to go into Walmart.  :P

I can fully recommend wireless charging. Only issue is that they don't work in the car very well. No cable to plug in. Just lay your phone on the platform face and it magically charges up your mobile device for you.
I even tried a dollop of spirit gum on the platform to help "glue it in place" temporarily while driving, but it won't stay put while driving.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15827 on: August 20, 2020, 05:33:54 AM »
My Samsung tablet finally died on me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15828 on: August 20, 2020, 06:02:34 AM »

I can fully recommend wireless charging. Only issue is that they don't work in the car very well. No cable to plug in. Just lay your phone on the platform face and it magically charges up your mobile device for you.
I even tried a dollop of spirit gum on the platform to help "glue it in place" temporarily while driving, but it won't stay put while driving.
I may get one for at home at some point but I need the charging cable anyway because I use Waze when I have to drive any kind of distance so I keep my phone plugged in to avoid draining the battery.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #15829 on: August 20, 2020, 09:53:28 PM »
Allergy attack.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15830 on: August 20, 2020, 11:39:22 PM »
I've been looking into a replacement to the Samsung tablet that died but it seems the market consists of either overpriced tablets full of bloatware or Amazon tech with special offers.

Not about to buy an iPad. >:(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #15831 on: August 21, 2020, 04:23:19 AM »

My daughter is about to buy one. I helped her get a top shelf HP i7 laptop when she started college last year, but for some lessons she is more comfortable with an iPad like they isssued in high school.
It's like a run away train at this point. I can't stop it.  :dunno:

Google is as bad as Amazon, here. They can't seem to sell everyone a Chromebook, so they want to make the world a Chromebook.

I have been pleased with my Samsung tablet, but I have not had any trouble with it or used in a daily commercial duty cycle. To me it's a toy that I play with a little. Good luck finding something with a light load of bloatware.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #15832 on: August 21, 2020, 04:50:32 AM »
I have an old ipad I don't use anymore - I found they were fine for most of my needs, but tablets get outdated pretty fast. The latest ipads don't even have a headphone jack, so that really puts me off too.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15833 on: August 21, 2020, 06:23:30 AM »

My daughter is about to buy one. I helped her get a top shelf HP i7 laptop when she started college last year, but for some lessons she is more comfortable with an iPad like they isssued in high school.
It's like a run away train at this point. I can't stop it.  :dunno:

Google is as bad as Amazon, here. They can't seem to sell everyone a Chromebook, so they want to make the world a Chromebook.

I have been pleased with my Samsung tablet, but I have not had any trouble with it or used in a daily commercial duty cycle. To me it's a toy that I play with a little. Good luck finding something with a light load of bloatware.

Yeah, it's pretty much a toy to me, too. I used the old one for reading stuff, mostly. I wanted to find something that runs vanilla Android, but no such luck.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15834 on: August 21, 2020, 06:39:29 AM »
Love my iPad. It's been running great with no issues for a few years.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #15835 on: August 21, 2020, 07:26:55 AM »
I think mine's a bit too old now, it's from 2012 and it's too slow for even basic browsing now. It's useless even to sell or repurpose.

Same thing is happening with my macbook at the moment - it's simply not cutting it anymore for most tasks despite only being 4 years old. Apple is deliberately crippling its older hardware to force people to upgrade to newer models. You can't even upgrade even the RAM/hard drive anymore as it's all soldered on.

Think they will be the last apple products I'll own. Think I'll stay away from laptops in general too.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 07:30:46 AM by wretchmachine »

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15836 on: August 21, 2020, 07:32:03 AM »
Yeah they've been doing that for awhile. Not sure how much longer my iPhone will last either. It's a 7 and works great but I couldn't even find a charger in store for it anymore. Had to go through Amazon
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #15837 on: August 21, 2020, 07:58:29 AM »
Have always had other people's hand-me-down ipads. Rarely use them though; prefer a keyboard but it's nice to have a lightweight option when traveling.

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #15838 on: August 21, 2020, 08:28:36 AM »
That was the initial appeal for me too... but smartphones have really caught up over the years, that it kind of makes it pointless nowadays.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15839 on: August 21, 2020, 08:55:16 AM »
I use it for games and as an e-reader. I like the bigger screen for that because I like smaller screens for my cell phone.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad