Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232832 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #15720 on: July 29, 2020, 02:39:27 AM »
Low-grade sniffles. Ugh.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15721 on: July 29, 2020, 06:24:48 AM »
The painter man who came yesterday didn't email me his quote.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #15722 on: July 29, 2020, 08:49:38 AM »
I feel so fucking used.  And I hate walmart customers even more.  I have a water bottle that is collapsible, Carla bought it for me for xmas.  And this fucking old lady customer sees it and grabs it and says, "What is this?"  I snatched it back from her hands and said it was a collapsible water bottle, that I use to stay hydrated on the floor.  WTF, was this old hag doing touching my stuff in the middle of a pandemic.  I told people that I work with about it, and one said, "If it was me I would have slapped them."  I cleaned the outside of the bottle as well as I could.  But, it really makes my ass suck wind, that she felt entitled to do that!

I know/known a few old women like that...sorry Rockhound. I swear some people regress as they age, no filters, no sense of personal space, and the curiosity of toddlers armed with a pension check and a credit card.

You're lucky she didn't try to buy it.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #15723 on: July 29, 2020, 10:14:23 AM »
I think unpleasant people like that remain unpleasant in this climate. People who are unhygienic tend to remain that way. Still it sucks. Sorry to hear you went through that rock hound.
:dog:

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #15724 on: July 29, 2020, 11:32:24 AM »

I swear some people regress as they age, no filters, no sense of personal space, and the curiosity of toddlers armed with a pension check and a credit card.

sounds just  like yer average spazz to me.  Glass houses, IQ  :green:

To continue the litany of woe, though, they also make outageously dangerous drivers, and the DVLA (in Birtain, at least) doesn't catch em not until they're on their last legs, cos the NHS isn't near as alert to signs of dementia as it should be, being way too overstretched.

Instead of being angry with the old folk, I think we should get angry with the various systems, and social expectations  that wind up leaving  them to their own devices. For instance, we all expect old folk to value their independance dont we? despite that most of them, quite naturally  value their independance rather too much for their own (and other people's)  good, and don't need encouraging in that.  Still we hint at them that they ought to be fiercely independant,  and we leave them with no realistic option unless they happen to be rich; because most families are in no position to care effectively:  too busy struggling to make ends meet and/or living too far away to offer practical support.  And the State? well, if yours is anyything like ours (and we're brought up to believe it's even worse) then the "safety-net"' is so full of holes, it more closely resembles a tightrope.  That is, most old folk, no matter how disabled or demented,  just have to cope alone and do everything for themselves, no choice in the matter. And they'll cling to that driving licence for dear life, play down their symptoms and actively avoid diagnosis, because they're all-too-rationally scared of the prospect of  having to cope without transport. That's how it is.  Solutions? not so simple.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 11:44:28 AM by Walkie »

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #15725 on: July 29, 2020, 11:54:33 AM »
I feel so fucking used.  And I hate walmart customers even more.  I have a water bottle that is collapsible, Carla bought it for me for xmas.  And this fucking old lady customer sees it and grabs it and says, "What is this?"  I snatched it back from her hands and said it was a collapsible water bottle, that I use to stay hydrated on the floor.  WTF, was this old hag doing touching my stuff in the middle of a pandemic.  I told people that I work with about it, and one said, "If it was me I would have slapped them."  I cleaned the outside of the bottle as well as I could.  But, it really makes my ass suck wind, that she felt entitled to do that!

I know/known a few old women like that...sorry Rockhound. I swear some people regress as they age, no filters, no sense of personal space, and the curiosity of toddlers armed with a pension check and a credit card.

You're lucky she didn't try to buy it.

It is unusual looking, it's made out of a rubbery type material and collapses into a disk about 6 inches across.  I'v had my co-workers do a double take seeing it.  But, never try to grab it to look closer at it.  Yep, the curiosity of toddlers....that about sums her up.  Along with the grabby touchy things that toddlers do.  I don't know, with everything else going thru my mind last night it stunned me to the point that all I could do was grab it back and then go rinse it off ASAP.  I just cleaned it out and gave it the sunshine disinfectant treatment.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #15726 on: July 29, 2020, 12:57:08 PM »

sounds just  like yer average spazz to me.  Glass houses, IQ  :green:

Could have been. My grandmother actually came to mind when I read that. She was un-diagnosed but on the spectrum I'm sure. It wasn't dementia in her case, she was sharp as a tack.

But anything unusual, shiny...didn't matter if she'd never use it, it was like a beacon... she picked it up examined it, and threw it in the cart and brought it home if she could. A 12 room farmhouse packed to the rafters...she was a widow, the kids were grown, and she had ample finances and no one to tell her "no" anymore. Taking her shopping was an adventure that required packing a lunch and you never knew what you'd see on your next visit when she went off alone.

The 50lb pottery lamp that stood 3 ft tall with the huge shade and the hand painted design that she found at some resale shop, the 3 tier birdcage stuffed with fake birds in the hallway...flashlight number 5000 that flashed in 3 different colors. She was a blast as a kid, but I watched her make more than a few people uncomfortable as I grew older. :lol1:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #15727 on: July 29, 2020, 12:58:43 PM »
Why am I letting the words of a toothless twat affect me personally?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15728 on: July 29, 2020, 07:53:34 PM »
Cars are money pits. :(
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15729 on: July 30, 2020, 02:49:22 AM »

Yup. They are an almost guaranteed way of losing money, no matter what you do.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #15730 on: July 30, 2020, 08:41:57 AM »
My ear is clogged up and the otc treatment isn't helping.  :zombiefuck:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15731 on: July 30, 2020, 03:14:32 PM »

Yup. They are an almost guaranteed way of losing money, no matter what you do.
Truth. My van will have to be replaced within the next 6 months. Might go with a used truck or SUV this time around.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #15732 on: July 30, 2020, 03:15:43 PM »
Heatwaves and being fat are not good combinations. I'd love air conditioning if it weren't for the fact it's the polar opposite for the rest of the year.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15733 on: July 30, 2020, 03:38:27 PM »
I'm grumpy as anything without AC if it's stupid hot.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15734 on: July 30, 2020, 03:38:55 PM »
Sore throat. Treating it with a whisky.

- Albert Einstein