Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 233288 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #15525 on: June 08, 2020, 11:05:48 PM »
Coles website, where we do our groceries, has decided to not accept our order. We input what we want and it doesn't accept it.

We'll try again later but this is really annoying.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15526 on: June 09, 2020, 12:14:16 AM »
Right elbow hurts like hell.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15527 on: June 09, 2020, 12:46:56 PM »
A friend I've known forever keeps interjecting into conversations about BLM and she's so far off base that when people try and help her learn she keeps saying shit like "Oh that's right I'm just a privileged white woman so I'm not allowed an opinion." Lady just fuck off. Fuck allll the way off.  ::)
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15528 on: June 09, 2020, 11:53:32 PM »
Right elbow hurts like hell.

This, still.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #15529 on: June 11, 2020, 07:24:21 AM »
Night marauding scavengers stole my dog's ham bone from last night.
Yesterday I finished slow smoking a ham begun overnight the day before and at the end of the day I froze some of it and boned it out. Doggie got the bone.

He hid it, he thought, but now it is gone.
 :'(

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15530 on: June 11, 2020, 07:51:06 AM »
Meanwhile, some other creature is like "And tonight! We feast!"
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15531 on: June 11, 2020, 08:24:41 AM »
Client decided to end the contract when it expires, even though there is lots of work left.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15532 on: June 11, 2020, 08:25:27 AM »
Is that the one who hasn't been paying?
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15533 on: June 11, 2020, 08:34:16 AM »

No, another one. I thought this one would last until the end of summer at least so it was a surprise to me. And the project manager, I might add. She wasn't happy - I think the decision was taken well above her head.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15534 on: June 11, 2020, 09:35:10 AM »

No, another one. I thought this one would last until the end of summer at least so it was a surprise to me. And the project manager, I might add. She wasn't happy - I think the decision was taken well above her head.
ugh. That bites.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #15535 on: June 11, 2020, 01:54:35 PM »
The postal service around here is really sloppy.  For the second time in a week, I got a letter that was meant for a neighbor.  Fortunately I know and have talked to him.  He's an elderly gentleman and his wife is very sick.  And he takes a lot of walks with his spaniel named "Hank".  Who's my buddy, loves attention and likes me.  Anywho, this is official stuff and it's not finding it's way to him.  So I take a short walk and deliver it to his house.  Short walk and I want to make sure he gets it in a timely fashion.  Hank is guarding the door, but, as soon as he hears me his stubby tail starts a wagging.  And it gets delivered.  But this is not the first time we've gotten other peoples mail.  Normally I write "Delivered to wrong address, try again" and drop it back into the secure mail box.  The main Rochester PO is where our mail comes out of, we have 3.   ::)  And I have heard from others that this seems to be a normal thing out of that PO.  I sometimes wonder if our mail gets sidetracked and what kind.  I'll be signing up for Social Security and medicare soon.  Talk about identity theft waiting to happen.   >:(
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15536 on: June 11, 2020, 02:39:44 PM »
The postal service around here is really sloppy.  For the second time in a week, I got a letter that was meant for a neighbor.  Fortunately I know and have talked to him.  He's an elderly gentleman and his wife is very sick.  And he takes a lot of walks with his spaniel named "Hank".  Who's my buddy, loves attention and likes me.  Anywho, this is official stuff and it's not finding it's way to him.  So I take a short walk and deliver it to his house.  Short walk and I want to make sure he gets it in a timely fashion.  Hank is guarding the door, but, as soon as he hears me his stubby tail starts a wagging.  And it gets delivered.  But this is not the first time we've gotten other peoples mail.  Normally I write "Delivered to wrong address, try again" and drop it back into the secure mail box.  The main Rochester PO is where our mail comes out of, we have 3.   ::)  And I have heard from others that this seems to be a normal thing out of that PO.  I sometimes wonder if our mail gets sidetracked and what kind.  I'll be signing up for Social Security and medicare soon.  Talk about identity theft waiting to happen.   >:(
Maybe a post office box is in order?
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #15537 on: June 11, 2020, 03:00:45 PM »

i guess the following  exerpt from my latest email to Ocado says it all

My brain, unfortunately, is not blessed with the "" most up-to-date technology", cannot be upgraded, and is ill-equipped to win an ongoing guerilla war with your system, given that your system seems utterly determined to deliver me water cress , like it or not.

In any case, I do not wish to be constrained to repeatedly return a shockingly expensive perishable item , after ordering a cheap one. It is wasteful of your resources even when it doesn;t waste mine.

I am sorry to have to ask a non-standard question. for which no standard reply yet exists. Perhaps the real answer is ""Sorry, you are quite right. Omitting salad cress from your future orders is the only action you can take to preclude this substitution "? If so, i would , at very least like to have that confirmed.

Please excuse the exasperated tone. I'm sure you are doing your best.

least of my problems really, but it really isn't smart offend me with inane   customer service responses, just when i not only have much bigger problems to contend with,  I''ve also terminally mislaid my TV remote, so it seems   :hair:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #15538 on: June 11, 2020, 03:09:12 PM »

For him it wouldn't work.  His wife needs constant monitoring and he couldn't go to the nearest PO without having somebody to keep her company.   His only option is Rural Delivery. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15539 on: June 11, 2020, 05:17:52 PM »

For him it wouldn't work.  His wife needs constant monitoring and he couldn't go to the nearest PO without having somebody to keep her company.   His only option is Rural Delivery.
I meant you since you have SS and Medicare coming in soon
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad