Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232514 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #15135 on: January 14, 2020, 10:29:30 AM »
Yeah the car started, but barely. And yes it's dangerous to have exposed skin for more than a minute, which made it extra stressful with the cub. He doesn't understand that scarves are for protecting your face, not for strangling you, so I was dragging him out to the car kicking and screaming. Start the engine, get him in the car seat, close the doors so he can be warmish while I'm scraping the frost off the windows. But his mittens are constantly coming loose and he flips out every time, so I have to take mine off to fix them. Though I guess flipping out is infinitely better than not telling me.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #15136 on: January 14, 2020, 10:57:29 AM »
Just because I have a tendency to forget things like remembering to take the recycling out doesn't mean it's hard for me! I'm not stupid, I'm not an idiot... so stop using "It must be hard for you" as an insult to me!

DAMN IT!!!!!

sorry just annoyed at Dad's unawareness of himself insulting me

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15137 on: January 14, 2020, 02:49:15 PM »
Just because I have a tendency to forget things like remembering to take the recycling out doesn't mean it's hard for me! I'm not stupid, I'm not an idiot... so stop using "It must be hard for you" as an insult to me!

DAMN IT!!!!!

Good lord. That sounds rather passive aggressive of him.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #15138 on: January 14, 2020, 05:21:10 PM »

DAMN IT!!!!!

If it's not hard for you, then why so forgetful? Lazy? Indifferent? If it's your household contribution to not forget to remember the recycling, then do your job. Set a reminder on your computer calendar or phone or whatever. I think it's nice your dad is willing to consider it might just be hard for you to remember. All of our trash gets taken out every evening. It's common for it all not make it out. Years ago Sugarbutt once said it must be on purpose to tick him off, about a forgotten wastebasket. I said that's a bunch of crap because that boy avoids conflict. He's not lazy, indifferent, much less hostile about his chores and it might just be harder for him to not forget to remember all six wastebaskets. I was right.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15139 on: January 14, 2020, 06:25:18 PM »
Six baskets, that's a lot. We have three plus the main kitchen bin so I guess we're not that far behind you though.

I just remembered our main backyard bins needed to be put by the road when I heard the rubbish truck in the distance. Whoops. I usually put the bins out the night before. Completely forgot.

Pyraxis, I have never, ever experienced cold like that. Is that as cold as it gets? Only once have I ever had to use the hose to get ice off my windscreen. That was my first car.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #15140 on: January 14, 2020, 07:15:54 PM »
Six baskets, that's a lot.

Half of them belong to him, since three rooms in the house are his. I guess he could rid his spaces of wastebaskets and tell us to take out our own damn trash.  :zoinks:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 07:22:41 PM by Gopher Gary »
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15141 on: January 14, 2020, 09:25:18 PM »
Do you have one in the bathroom (not the toilet)? We do, it sits on the edge of the bath in the corner. Not the best place since it's in danger of falling in and the rubbish tipping out. But there's no other place to put it because the bathroom has two doors, one at each end.

He's lucky to have three rooms.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #15142 on: January 14, 2020, 09:27:02 PM »
Fucking cops!

I went to a local bar last night to have a few beers and watch the College Football Championship game. At halftime, LSU was starting to pull ahead, 28-17. Since I had a happy buzz and didn't want to get too drunk to drive and I could see that LSU was probably going to win, I decided to head home. So I got in my truck, started it up and sat there for a moment letting it warm up.
 It was then that a small swarm of cop cars entered the parking lot, at first just pulling into parking spaces and chatting with each other. I saw one car take off and leave only to have a cop pull out and follow him. A few seconds later he flashed the berries, turned on his siren and pulled him over. It was obvious what they were up to so I had little choice. I tuned off my truck, got out and went back into the bar. I took a piss then left the bar on foot. Luckily I was only a mile away from home but it was snowing so it was a little chilly walking home.
 It was still snowing this morning when I had to walk back to my truck, start it up and brush all the snow off of it. Once it warmed up I put it into 4x4, drove off and went to breakfast at one of my usual spots.

Fucking cops!!!   :grrr:    :grrr:    :grrr:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15143 on: January 14, 2020, 09:31:49 PM »
If you'd driven away the first time you started your truck, almost guaranteed you would have the cops pulling you over, right?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 06:43:37 AM by renaeden »
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #15144 on: January 14, 2020, 09:37:27 PM »
If you'd driven away the first time you started your truck, almost guaranteed you would have the cops pulling yo over, right?

Yep. and a $3000 DUI to boot.

If my company found out I could get fired too.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #15145 on: January 14, 2020, 11:03:05 PM »
If you'd driven away the first time you started your truck, almost guaranteed you would have the cops pulling yo over, right?

Yep. and a $3000 DUI to boot.

If my company found out I could get fired too.

Glad you caught that one early.  Better a walk home of a mile then a DUI.  Pleasant buzz or not. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15146 on: January 14, 2020, 11:04:33 PM »

DAMN IT!!!!!

Good lord. That sounds rather passive aggressive of him.

Seconded!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15147 on: January 14, 2020, 11:07:57 PM »
Yeah the car started, but barely. And yes it's dangerous to have exposed skin for more than a minute, which made it extra stressful with the cub. He doesn't understand that scarves are for protecting your face, not for strangling you, so I was dragging him out to the car kicking and screaming. Start the engine, get him in the car seat, close the doors so he can be warmish while I'm scraping the frost off the windows. But his mittens are constantly coming loose and he flips out every time, so I have to take mine off to fix them. Though I guess flipping out is infinitely better than not telling me.

Ouch, that is fucking cold.  It's rare in New England, but, I have felt -30 F cold here.  And my car barely started as well.  It's been 20+ years but, I can still remember and I empathize with you being in that part of Canada.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #15148 on: January 14, 2020, 11:56:44 PM »
Coldest I've experienced was -12 Celsius when I changed planes at Frankfurt airport. There was a stiff breeze blowing as well, so it felt colder.

I got on that plane, refuelled in Singapore where it was nice and cool in the airport, and turned up in Sydney 20 hours after leaving Frankfurt. The temperature was up around the high 30s Celsius, or about 100 F. A little nondescript man with a walkie talkie appeared out of nowhere as I was going through immigration said something to me like "excuse me sir, why are you wearing such a big jacket on a hot day?" and I just laughed and said "it was -12 when I got on the plane mate".
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15149 on: January 16, 2020, 08:21:56 PM »
Beginning the process of opening or starting my social security account.  <sigh> What a fucking PIA!   I never thought I would be this old or live this long.....DAMN.