Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234710 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #15090 on: October 26, 2019, 08:42:23 AM »
I high fived a daddy long legs that was on the side of my house a few weeks ago. we took a video because every time I put my finger near him, he'd boop it gently with one leg.  :laugh:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #15091 on: October 26, 2019, 10:32:47 PM »

That is awesome!

There a large number of species that people call Daddy Long Legs and they mostly look alike, at first glance.
I have not seen any social spiders, though.
 :autism:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15092 on: October 27, 2019, 06:49:39 AM »
Elton John had to cancel a local concert last night, "due to health issues." :bigcry:

I was not going.The three hundred dollar ticket prices seemed a little gouge-like.

I just hate to see all these old figures going down these days. Even Elton John is not made of stone.
 :-\
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #15093 on: October 27, 2019, 02:12:52 PM »
I never kill the big huntsman spiders and they don't make webs anyway. They scare the crap out of new immigrants and tourists but they are fast and they actively hunt live roaches. If one is scaring the kids/wife I will put it in a bucket and toss it outside.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15094 on: October 28, 2019, 08:20:35 AM »
Elton John had to cancel a local concert last night, "due to health issues." :bigcry:

I was not going.The three hundred dollar ticket prices seemed a little gouge-like.

I just hate to see all these old figures going down these days. Even Elton John is not made of stone.
He puts on a good show. I saw him in 2010 with Billy Joel. Such a great night.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #15095 on: October 28, 2019, 04:13:52 PM »
Train cancelled due to mechanical issues. In other words, someone was having a bad morning. Sad, but call Lifeline or something.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15096 on: October 28, 2019, 06:46:51 PM »
A friend of mine called Lifeline when she was in need and they put her on hold for ages and ages until she gave up on them and hung up.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15097 on: November 02, 2019, 09:13:47 PM »

He puts on a good show. I saw him in 2010 with Billy Joel. Such a great night.

Wow! Two piano men on one stage!  Such a night, indeed!

I have not heard any updates, unfortunately. I hope Sir Elton makes a comeback.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15098 on: November 02, 2019, 09:29:32 PM »
I never kill the big huntsman spiders and they don't make webs anyway. They scare the crap out of new immigrants and tourists but they are fast and they actively hunt live roaches. If one is scaring the kids/wife I will put it in a bucket and toss it outside.

I took note of how you described the capture and re-release of the scary spider using a "BUCKET!!" Not a bowl, not a little can, not a cup, but a fucking bucket!
NO. Just, no!

:GA:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15099 on: November 06, 2019, 08:52:05 PM »
I swept the carport yesterday as heaps of leaves congregate there and now I have a blister (which popped straight away) on my right palm. It's due to the way I held the broom. The end of it rubbed against my palm.

It's sore and damp.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 04:47:58 AM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15100 on: November 07, 2019, 05:27:55 AM »
Ouch! Hand blisters hurt. You must have been working out there for quite some time to build up a blister.

Bronchitis -1
Phoenix - 0
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15101 on: November 08, 2019, 03:26:15 AM »
The world was blood red due to all the smoke and dust today. I've never seen anything like it.
I got the hose and wet down my rear courtyard and front garden in case any burning embers make it that far.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15102 on: November 09, 2019, 05:14:09 PM »
I need to get the brakes done on my van. Crap time for a big expense.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15103 on: November 10, 2019, 01:35:34 PM »
Company said no to a standards working group meeting next month, even though they promised they would cover those when they hired me.

replying to myself here. :P

I'm travelling back home from that standards working group meeting right now. Paid for the trip myself.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15104 on: November 15, 2019, 07:21:26 AM »
Grubby finger marks on my car's chrome door trim. Rear passenger side.
I haven't washed the car for over two weeks, but I've been the only one getting in and out. Mum usually leaves that sort of thing with her sweaty hands but I haven't given her a ride anywhere since the last wash.
So who's grubby marks are they?? Not mine!!

Tyres were slashed further down my street the other night. Break in at a nearby shop last night. About 3 or 4 cars stolen so far in my mum's neighbourhood.
I'm going to spend tomorrow moving more stuff to storage so I can get my car into safety in the garage again!