Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235333 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #15060 on: October 08, 2019, 01:14:47 PM »

Someone has to come into our house.

I so totally get this...even my son's new friends. It takes an adjustment period before I can start to slowly relax around the new invaders of my cave.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15061 on: October 09, 2019, 01:59:18 AM »
I started undercoating the loungeroom yesterday when I noticed a hollowness and rotted look holes in the front windowsill.
Then I remembered the weird red ant tracks under the carpet after I ripped it up, and the weird red dirt around the tack strips on the floor and put it all together.
Fucking termites  :'(

I wanna get the pest guy in who does the yearly inspections but I have to tread a fine line and try to keep it off strata's written records (lest I scare away potential home buyers when they do a strata record inspection). Naturally I have no idea of the company who performed the inspection so I had to ask strata. I've probably already exposed my secret agenda just by asking. My hope is if there's damage I can just get it treated and fixed on the sly without involving them.
So do you have to stop painting until the damage is fixed?

At my parents' last house, there was a cool tree in the front yard. Upon closer inspection, they discovered termites living in it. so the tree had to be chopped down and the stump removed. An Agapanthus grows there now.

Quick bitch: I'd like to fix my bike but I'm unsure as to how to start. I got an awesome bike maintenance book from the shop, I'll start with reading that I suppose. And YouTubes might help.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15062 on: October 09, 2019, 08:00:46 AM »
It depends if the damage is worth fixing. I mean, it mightn't be structural damage, just something that can be fixed with a few cosmetic touches. Spakfilla at the ready! :zoinks:. If I go ahead and paint and then they have to rip plaster or window frames out, then that's painting efforts wasted.

It seems 90% of the staff at strata's office are away so a pest re-inspection won't be till next week at least.
Now I'm stressing out about reorganising the house and getting shit cleaned up in time. The pest guy likes to look in every dusty messy corner.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15063 on: October 09, 2019, 08:45:10 PM »
Yeah, better hold off until the termite guy has been. Is your floor concrete?

Kayleigh is from Victoria and says our double brick houses here are strange. Most houses used to have wooden roof framing, not sure if this was attractive to termites? Anyway, now a lot of houses are being built with metal framing.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15064 on: October 09, 2019, 11:34:23 PM »
More joint pain. Ugh.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15065 on: October 11, 2019, 05:50:17 AM »
Yeah, better hold off until the termite guy has been. Is your floor concrete?

Kayleigh is from Victoria and says our double brick houses here are strange. Most houses used to have wooden roof framing, not sure if this was attractive to termites? Anyway, now a lot of houses are being built with metal framing.

Yes it's a concrete subfloor, on the bottom storey anyway.
Metal frames aren't entirely immune either, termites just mean they will corrode faster.

Now I feel like I'm maybe overreacting, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15066 on: October 11, 2019, 05:57:46 AM »
It was the annual cup day at the local racetrack today.
This and the 50 person brawl in the parking lot of the pub over the fence are directly correlated.
I think the pub even has even shut early due to too much bad behavior.
And an idiot sped away from an RBT and rammed a power pole just nearby.
Now I'm wondering when I can stop fearing for the safety of my personal property :zombiefuck:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #15067 on: October 11, 2019, 07:10:02 AM »
Abortion doctor keeping aborted fetuses' remains in his home.

This is so far off base. But just check out the first line of the article asking women who have had abortions to "come forward" to help with the investigation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/09/20/abortion-doctor-had-more-than-fetal-remains-his-home-authorities-hope-women-linked-them-will-help/

WTF!! :zombiefuck:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15068 on: October 11, 2019, 05:04:09 PM »
Sorry, but when I tried to view this, the insistence from the site was that I have to sign up.
Fucking and ducking that. They have their source identified.

Contents of the article mentioned above:

Authorities are encouraging women who might be linked to fetal remains found at an abortion doctor’s home in Illinois to come forward.

The remains will be given to the Indiana Attorney General’s Office for further investigation, since an investigation by Will County in northeastern Illinois is finished, according to Will County Sheriff Mike Kelley.

Will County Attorney General James Glasgow said Indiana’s state attorney general’s office has indicated that it wants people to call it. Glasgow said Illinois authorities will work with Indiana officials should past patients come forward.

“Even though the clinics are in Indiana, some of these people could’ve lived in Illinois at the time, so we have a connection,” he said. “Obviously, if the crime is committed in Indiana, they would be the appropriate prosecuting authority, but we probably could assist them.”

Kelley said that more than 2,246 medically preserved fetal remains were located at the home of deceased abortion doctor Ulrich “George” Klopfer. Klopfer died Sept. 3 of what authorities said were natural causes.

Over 2,200 preserved fetal remains found at doctor's house
An investigation is underway in Illinois after a family clearing the home of doctor Ulrich Klopfer’s found more than 2,200 medically preserved fetal remains. (Reuters)
Kelley and Glasgow said the remains date from 2000 to 2002, which coincides with the time Klopfer would have been performing abortions in Indiana. Glasgow determined that paperwork and science helped determine the age of the fetal remains.

Because Klopfer is deceased, Glasgow emphasized that no criminal charges could be filed even though the late doctor did not adhere to Indiana law in the disposal of fetal remains.

If a “victim” were underage at the time of her abortion and the person who impregnated her was not, that person could be guilty of statutory rape, Glasgow said. “Because of the age of the remains, I don’t know if that would be possible under Indiana law or not,” he said, adding that there was no further criminal inquiry in Illinois.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #15069 on: October 11, 2019, 07:04:24 PM »
Got spray foam in my hair,  not a lot but any is too much
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #15070 on: October 11, 2019, 07:55:14 PM »
Got spray foam in my hair,  not a lot but any is too much

Oy, that would drive me crazy!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15071 on: October 13, 2019, 03:38:50 AM »
Hurt my back yesterday.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15072 on: October 13, 2019, 04:32:51 PM »
Mine, today.

I was re-arranging a corner of my work space in the garage and there was a nice pile of left over shingles from when we had our roof re-done. I wanted to use that corner instead of just storing things. Lifting the third eighty pound package of shingles was more than I should have undertaken.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15073 on: October 13, 2019, 04:33:48 PM »

I think it is ludicrous how a basically batshit forum poster can claim that some random occurrence "would drive me crazy."   :lol1:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #15074 on: October 13, 2019, 09:06:53 PM »
Found a crack in a big vise I bought
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw