Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234645 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #15045 on: September 26, 2019, 03:45:38 AM »
I hope they were just babysitting the poor thing.

How are your cats doing?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #15046 on: September 26, 2019, 03:21:45 PM »
Rain half way through setting up ended up tarping everything
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15047 on: September 27, 2019, 01:11:59 AM »
Utterly bored.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #15048 on: September 27, 2019, 05:24:47 PM »
In one day I talked to more people than I normally do in two weeks and I am exhausted
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #15049 on: September 27, 2019, 07:35:02 PM »
In one day I talked to more people than I normally do in two weeks and I am exhausted

I feel your pain!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15050 on: September 28, 2019, 04:26:46 AM »
I hope they were just babysitting the poor thing.

How are your cats doing?

They're fine. My oldest one got her teeth cleaned the other week.
I think they're a bit understimulated at the moment since I've packed a lot of things up so I can paint. My youngest one seems a bit more naughtier than usual.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15051 on: September 28, 2019, 05:48:16 AM »
I think that's adorable but having a naughty cat can be anything but! Our youngest likes playing with bubble wrap at the moment. He's quiet and sleepy during the day but gets into being naughty at night while we're trying to sleep.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15052 on: September 29, 2019, 02:23:54 AM »
Joint pain this morning.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15053 on: October 02, 2019, 07:38:11 AM »
I had not one, but two clients today try to tell porkies about their rental properties. One tried to make out it was transferred to a daughter and the other tried to flat out deny owning one.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #15054 on: October 03, 2019, 08:35:37 PM »
Joint pain this morning.

That!  We went from record breaking heat three days in a row to normal fall weather overnight.

But, my real complaint ...

Someone is coming to our house tomorrow.  I think I mentioned how the rookie broke the (Expensive) sliding glass door almost the instant he had finished installing it. Tomorrow, it all gets fixed - so another person is coming to our house.
It all gets finished and fixed tomorrow, but someone has to come into our house!!
 :roar:

Someone has to come into our house.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #15055 on: October 03, 2019, 08:59:13 PM »
Trying to get youtube to be posted to my FB page is turning into a real pain! >:(
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15056 on: October 04, 2019, 11:24:54 AM »
Trains. >:(

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15057 on: October 05, 2019, 06:13:26 AM »
Joint pain this morning.
That!  We went from record breaking heat three days in a row to normal fall weather overnight.

Someone is coming to our house tomorrow.  I think I mentioned how the rookie broke the (Expensive) sliding glass door almost the instant he had finished installing it. Tomorrow, it all gets fixed - so another person is coming to our house.
It all gets finished and fixed tomorrow, but someone has to come into our house!!

Kayleigh and i don't even like people coming to our door, let alone inside! Unfortunately, we have inspections every 3 months. This time they didn't even look at the bathroom. And I had scrubbed it and put a new mat on the floor. They did look at the backyard though, and said it was good. I'll take it.

Hope your glass door installation goes quickly and without fuss. :)
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #15058 on: October 05, 2019, 09:57:43 AM »
Joint pain this morning.

Kayleigh and i don't even like people coming to our door, let alone inside! Unfortunately, we have inspections every 3 months. This time they didn't even look at the bathroom. And I had scrubbed it and put a new mat on the floor. They did look at the backyard though, and said it was good. I'll take it.

Hope your glass door installation goes quickly and without fuss. :)

Thanks. It went smoothly.
The worker who showed up was a woman in her late forties who had a good deal of personality and empathy. One mention of a sleeping night worker in another end of the house and she cut back her overzealous personality traits very effectively. All told, she was great! Even my dog liked her.
She got done quickly, wanted me to view her work and its completion, petted our pets (cat does not abide strangers), even complimented our house and garden space (probably scripted), finished paperwork and left.

Too bad your inspector did not even examine your efforts.
When our younglings were just diagnosed, we agreed to participate in a "program" and share their therapy progress with the psychology groups who were "helping" us. Some one was there every week for one thing or another or one kid or the other.
Sometimes more than one visit and often with an intern in tow.

Not pleasant, but they DID help with both kids. My daughter did not yet speak at three years of age. They helped with that.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15059 on: October 08, 2019, 06:32:47 AM »
I started undercoating the loungeroom yesterday when I noticed a hollowness and rotted look holes in the front windowsill.
Then I remembered the weird red ant tracks under the carpet after I ripped it up, and the weird red dirt around the tack strips on the floor and put it all together.
Fucking termites  :'(

I wanna get the pest guy in who does the yearly inspections but I have to tread a fine line and try to keep it off strata's written records (lest I scare away potential home buyers when they do a strata record inspection). Naturally I have no idea of the company who performed the inspection so I had to ask strata. I've probably already exposed my secret agenda just by asking. My hope is if there's damage I can just get it treated and fixed on the sly without involving them.