Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235676 times)

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #15015 on: September 11, 2019, 04:47:14 AM »
These, not cheaply bought, oranges suck. Not juicy/flesh is way too dry.  :finger:
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #15016 on: September 11, 2019, 01:51:17 PM »
Back is very weak today. Couldn't even stand to pee. :dunno:
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15017 on: September 11, 2019, 10:45:06 PM »
Constant dry mouth. I blame lithium.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15018 on: September 12, 2019, 07:33:31 AM »
Still very smoky around town. The peat fire won't die. The RFS have even taken to flooding the area using a 2.5km long hose with reclaimed water. But recent winds have made the fire flare up AGAIN.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #15019 on: September 12, 2019, 10:15:53 PM »
Every morning the "crew" doing construction three blocks away pulls up next to our house while my wife is asleep from working at night, blocks off the entire road and spends a huge amount of time unloading some odd giant earth moving machine or another from a semi, which is left idling the whole time, thirty feet from our bedroom.

This morning something fell out there and crashed so loudly that it shook the entire house.

They are building an apartment building where the old grain elevator used to be. I posted pics of them salvaging the wood from the grain elevator's structure.
The thing they tore down was six stories tall and all oak and maple construction. Much of the wood was salvaged, but this is to be a modern apartment building, so no clever use of old wood products here.

Just wish they would find another place to off load their big machines.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15020 on: September 14, 2019, 06:03:45 PM »

My daughter really wants to see another Skillet concert soon, but the closest they will be before their Euro tour is Chicago. I do not want to travel, even though it is less than three hours, to the most violent city in our nation with my gorgeous teen age daughter.

I have to say, "NO! We are not going to Chicago."  I feel like a fucking heel, but I know I am right.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15021 on: September 15, 2019, 06:27:05 AM »
Some street photographer took photos of crush boi's '68 Impala and there's nothing we can legally do.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #15022 on: September 16, 2019, 05:41:09 AM »
  YouTube is not working for me the last two days.  :thumbdn:  I don't know whether the problem is with the site,
  or with my ancient (Windows Vista) computer.  Thank goodness I have CDs to provide the music I need!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15023 on: September 16, 2019, 12:23:40 PM »
Some street photographer took photos of crush boi's '68 Impala and there's nothing we can legally do.

If you live in the USA, it has been established that anything in public view is available for any use, including photography.
Now along with that, that photographer can not publish that image without your consent.

(trust me, that is not always easy to acquire. As a "recovering Photographer" I have failed to acquire publishing rights many times, even when the person or object I had photographed was not at all recognizable.)

Notice to those unaware, if you "venture outside your door" you are being photographed.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15024 on: September 17, 2019, 10:15:59 AM »
A photographer friend of mine used to leaf through the newspapers to spot his photos so he could send them a bill.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #15025 on: September 17, 2019, 10:37:37 AM »
Yestereve I tipped my favorite beer glass off the counter top. Needless to say maybe but it broke into about 40 pieces.

Bugger..

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15026 on: September 17, 2019, 10:38:53 AM »
People out with a slight headache.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15027 on: September 17, 2019, 08:41:41 PM »
On Sunday, family and I met at a winery (we go there a lot, it has a nice park with benches and a barbecue) and afterwards Mum texted me saying nearly everyone had ticks on them. Not me. But on Sunday night I felt something crawling on me and I couldn't find what it was.

At the Salvos at about midday on Monday, I felt a sore behind my ear. The area around it was kind of itchy. By the end of the day my ear was swollen and very itchy. It got worse overnight. I was seeing my doctor anyway yesterday (Tuesday), I made the appointment two weeks ago. So it was a lucky thing. He took a look at my ear and said it looked like an insect bite. He prescribed me antibiotics (which I last had 15 years ago) and antihistamines. It's Wednesday morning now and I'm still swollen and itchy but at least it's not any worse.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15028 on: September 18, 2019, 07:09:59 AM »

If you live in the USA, it has been established that anything in public view is available for any use, including photography.
Now along with that, that photographer can not publish that image without your consent.

(trust me, that is not always easy to acquire. As a "recovering Photographer" I have failed to acquire publishing rights many times, even when the person or object I had photographed was not at all recognizable.)

Notice to those unaware, if you "venture outside your door" you are being photographed.

Yeah similar here, except if it's taken on public property it's free for anyone to do with what they do. It's even allowed if it's a photo of private property taken whilst standing on public property. In this case crush boi was parked on the street near the police station whilst we were at a work function late last year. I thought for a second taking photos of a cop shop, albeit in the background, might have legal implications but sadly no.
It's just his number plate was in full view and everything, like a clear close up frontal shot. And plate cloning is a real issue here. The photographer posted the pics on FB, Flickr, Instagram and on his own website.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #15029 on: September 19, 2019, 04:34:58 AM »
Why the fuck is WMI taking over 50% of my CPU this often? Makes the (cpu) fan go louder.  :finger: