Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235739 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #14820 on: February 21, 2019, 12:43:37 AM »
My mother had all of her teeth pulled out when she was 16. And dentures after that.

My teeth are awful. I had measles encephalitis when I was a few years old and they had me guzzling tetracycline, which was a very new antibiotic at the time.

Not long after that they realized that you can't give tetracycline to children. It stains and deforms the teeth really badly. I'm sure it made a mess of my gut bacteria as well. But I'm still here, so can't complain too much. I remember my grandmother gave me a St Jude pin (patron saint of lost causes), that's how bad measles encephalitis was in those days.

So every dentist I've been to has said that I have the worst teeth in terms of misalignment, ridging and staining, that they have ever seen.

As well as that I have the same really soft teeth as my mother had. As well as being a huge fan of sweet foods and drinks (like my mother's mother). So none of this really contributes to good teeth.

I had 6 front teeth at the top capped about 16 years ago at the request of my ex and it is one of those that has fallen out now.

Most of my teeth are already gone or are broken and need extraction.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14821 on: February 21, 2019, 09:35:15 AM »
Hugs to everyone who has tooth problems (insufficient word for problems.)  I know I take my good teeth and gums for granted.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #14822 on: February 21, 2019, 01:27:31 PM »
Can't get past this exhaustion.

Hugs. 

(Should I send a bottle of whiskey for the wolf club?  Works wonders.)

No... I have cider and sake and GF beer in the fridge already... I'm not drinking it because all it would do is make it harder to wake up and help the cub when he's awake at night, and I'm already discouraged and tired and and I don't see how it would chemically help that either.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14823 on: February 21, 2019, 03:58:17 PM »
When us oldies were babies, it wasn't uncommon for a shot of whisky to be added to a bottle of milk for babies with sleeping issues.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14824 on: February 21, 2019, 10:43:26 PM »
When us oldies were babies, it wasn't uncommon for a shot of whisky to be added to a bottle of milk for babies with sleeping issues.

As I've posted before Mom would put whisky and paregoric, an opium derivative, in my bottle.  Still didn't work all that well.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14825 on: February 23, 2019, 06:32:28 AM »
Elbow hurts like hell.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14826 on: February 24, 2019, 05:52:22 PM »
Started with very low back pain on one side about 2 days ago.  Yesterday the outer thigh started hurting.  All I'm able to do is walk like a drunk penguin.  I sat on the floor to do some organizing of a cabinet.  When I went to get up I lost my balance, slammed my knees to the floor.  I barely missed a clear vase that broke very, very, very close to my face when I fell. 

Now I have a headache, a bad back and legs.  Hoping things will be bette in the morning.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #14827 on: February 24, 2019, 05:59:30 PM »
Started with very low back pain on one side about 2 days ago.  Yesterday the outer thigh started hurting.  All I'm able to do is walk like a drunk penguin.  I sat on the floor to do some organizing of a cabinet.  When I went to get up I lost my balance, slammed my knees to the floor.  I barely missed a clear vase that broke very, very, very close to my face when I fell. 

Now I have a headache, a bad back and legs.  Hoping things will be bette in the morning.

:( Ugh. Hope you wake up feeling better tomorrow. :hug:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14828 on: February 24, 2019, 06:27:55 PM »

My son's birthday coming soon. He wants a seven foot stuffed shark, body pillow.

I do not get it.
 :dunno:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14829 on: February 24, 2019, 07:40:46 PM »
My son's birthday coming soon. He wants a seven foot stuffed shark, body pillow.

I do not get it.
Kayleigh bought a large stuffed shark from Ikea. I don't know why she wanted it. It's not seven feet long though. Probably 4 and a half.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14830 on: February 25, 2019, 02:47:23 AM »

I do not get it.

Just when you thought it was safe to say your son good night. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #14831 on: February 25, 2019, 08:42:23 PM »

I do not get it.

Your son is cool.

...and I also know damn well if mine saw something like that he'd want one too.  :laugh:

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14832 on: February 25, 2019, 10:59:56 PM »
My son's soft toy shark, that he sleeps with, is only about 18 inches long. But still very well loved.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14833 on: February 26, 2019, 12:59:46 AM »
Damn. I want one now.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14834 on: February 26, 2019, 07:14:06 AM »
Get him a CostCo bear instead. 8 feet of sheer vertical space. They don't even fit in the car to get them home!