Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235628 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #14775 on: January 20, 2019, 05:23:15 PM »
Where I live we don't get much crime. Some teen vandalism mostly. Apparently there have been a few burglaries, which was pretty much unheard of a few years ago.

We don't even have a police station in our group of about 5 suburbs. There used to be one but they had so few issues to deal with that they closed it down. Some residents are trying to get it re-opened.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #14776 on: January 20, 2019, 07:42:56 PM »
Where I live we don't get much crime. Some teen vandalism mostly. Apparently there have been a few burglaries, which was pretty much unheard of a few years ago.

So you not fancy toting all the shit DirtDawg has and being best bum chums with Chief Wiggum!

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14777 on: January 20, 2019, 07:55:14 PM »

So you not fancy toting all the shit DirtDawg has and being best bum chums with Chief Wiggum!

I'm lucky, we are safe without the armed citizen patrols. But I do understand that there is a need for those in some places.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #14778 on: January 20, 2019, 08:06:36 PM »

I'm lucky, we are safe without the armed citizen patrols. But I do understand that there is a need for those in some places.

Just about? ;-)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14779 on: January 20, 2019, 10:17:37 PM »

Most Neighborhood Watches are not armed, except for a powerful flashlight and maybe some pepper spray.
I am always armed because I am an upstanding Citizen and have no criminal record and am licensed to carry a firearm concealed. Actually, Indiana does not specify. Once you have a license you can carry how ever you choose. I do both concealed and open carry as needed.

Our watch is a little different because we have twelve licensed carriers in our squad of twenty two. We have all taken police or military training. I am an award winning pistol shooter and as far as I have seen, we have a couple of guys who could win a trophy as well.
That does not make any of us ready to handle police work, but it does mean that if one of us shoots, we will hit what we shoot at.

Who the fuck is Chief Wiggum?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 10:25:25 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14780 on: January 23, 2019, 04:30:24 PM »

Today, I want to bitch about losing our last blue macaw.

This species is now considered extinct. A few still exist in captivity and some would call this hope for the future, but ...

Am I the only one to have heard about this tragedy?

... or is it a hoax?

Some of the Audubon (among other) people seem to think that the only hope left for this rare species is in the hands of the black market traffickers of the last of these beautiful birds.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14781 on: January 24, 2019, 01:20:12 AM »
^I've heard the same. They're now considered to be extinct.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14782 on: January 25, 2019, 03:59:38 AM »
While getting something out of the car this morning, I kind of slipped and faceplanted the door frame. I got a scratched on my glasses' left lens. Only good thing was that it's the left because I can't see it when I have my glasses on.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14783 on: January 25, 2019, 12:09:46 PM »
Lordy gods, girl!!

Only a scratch on your glasses?  What about you!??! Are you OK?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14784 on: January 25, 2019, 10:07:09 PM »
Lordy gods, girl!!

Only a scratch on your glasses?  What about you!??! Are you OK?
Yep, I'm fine thank you. :) My nose must be pretty bendy because although it hurt a bit, it didn't bleed.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14785 on: January 26, 2019, 02:33:46 AM »
I'm glad you're all right. :)

Scratches can be fixed.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #14786 on: January 30, 2019, 07:42:43 PM »
I have to work in an unheated building tomorrow and it's supposed to be bitter cold :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14787 on: January 31, 2019, 02:04:40 AM »
I have to work in an unheated building tomorrow and it's supposed to be bitter cold :zombiefuck:

My sympathies.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #14788 on: January 31, 2019, 02:27:13 PM »

My sympathies.

Thanks worked a half day so it wasn't that bad but have to go back tomorrow
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14789 on: February 01, 2019, 01:34:08 PM »
Re-entry into life post vacation has been rocky
“To rise, first you must burn.”