Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 231059 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #14745 on: January 16, 2019, 10:03:42 PM »
I have two appointments tomorrow that I'd rather now have. Adulting sucks sometimes.  :tinfoil:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14746 on: January 17, 2019, 08:05:25 AM »
On a related note I apparently have my first ever appointment with clients all by myself on Monday. Straight into the deep end with my social inabilities and everything. I guess it doesn't matter to the partners that I'm unqualified to give advice about this clients $1.5mil impending property sale. Not to mention the $100k tax bill they will be up for next year on the capital gain. Or the fact we took 6 months to do their work and they're going to confront me about it angrily.
What the hell are we going to talk about for an hour??

The partners said they were going to let me sit in on some appointments, not this!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #14747 on: January 17, 2019, 08:28:47 AM »
On a related note I apparently have my first ever appointment with clients all by myself on Monday. Straight into the deep end with my social inabilities and everything. I guess it doesn't matter to the partners that I'm unqualified to give advice about this clients $1.5mil impending property sale. Not to mention the $100k tax bill they will be up for next year on the capital gain. Or the fact we took 6 months to do their work and they're going to confront me about it angrily.

The partners said they were going to let me sit in on some appointments, not this!

You need research and you need backup!  Talk to everyone who knows these people better than
  you do.  Find out everything you can.  Also, do you know why the partners are throwing you into
  this alone instead of  starting you out sitting in as they said earlier?  Are they looking to make you
  the fall guy for their mistakes?  Did the partners, in fact, screw up this account?  :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14748 on: January 17, 2019, 07:09:03 PM »
We live 4.7 miles from the airport (basically due West of us).  When we have significant low cloud ground cover the planes will start their descent way before normal.  Tonight 2 planes came in from the East just skimming under the bottom of the clouds.  This doesn't help with my fear of plane crashes.  Fuck.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #14749 on: January 18, 2019, 03:35:15 AM »
By the time I get out of here, my coffee machine will qualify for featuring on the Antiques Roadshow!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #14750 on: January 18, 2019, 04:17:17 AM »
I assume this was a third-party charger?

:lol1:   Or something like that.  It's a cheap piece of junk, is what it is.  :P

Get a proper one. The fake ones catch fire and stuff.

I bought a Samsung. Don't know how much safer that is.  :lol1:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14751 on: January 18, 2019, 05:34:33 AM »

You need research and you need backup!  Talk to everyone who knows these people better than
  you do.  Find out everything you can.  Also, do you know why the partners are throwing you into
  this alone instead of  starting you out sitting in as they said earlier?  Are they looking to make you
  the fall guy for their mistakes?  Did the partners, in fact, screw up this account?  :orly:

The thing is I can't legally give them any advice. I'm not the one with the public practice certificate and indemnity insurance, and I can't get those things until I complete my CA.
Anyway one of the partners has agreed to do the appointment instead.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #14752 on: January 18, 2019, 05:48:39 AM »

The thing is I can't legally give them any advice. I'm not the one with the public practice certificate and indemnity insurance, and I can't get those things until I complete my CA.

Good, I wonder what they were thinking before!  :tard:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14753 on: January 18, 2019, 06:00:18 AM »

You need research and you need backup!  Talk to everyone who knows these people better than you do.  Find out everything you can.  Also, do you know why the partners are throwing you into this alone instead of  starting you out sitting in as they said earlier?  Are they looking to make you the fall guy for their mistakes?  Did the partners, in fact, screw up this account?  :orly:
Phew! I was starting to feel anxious for you.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14754 on: January 18, 2019, 07:32:34 AM »

:lol1:   Or something like that.  It's a cheap piece of junk, is what it is.  :P

The fire problems with Samsung cell phones and fancy computer controlled washer/dryer sets had to do with a "third party accessed" lithium ion battery manufacturer.
Samsung no longer uses those batteries in their products. They saved millions using a battery from a third party, but the recalls cost them hundreds of millions.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 07:41:10 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14755 on: January 18, 2019, 07:34:00 AM »

Unplug them all when you leave the house. That is the safest bet.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14756 on: January 18, 2019, 08:10:11 AM »
I need to replace my phone. I can upgrade for free because I've had mine so long. It's an iPhone 5 and it's now getting hot every once in a awhile when I charge it.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #14757 on: January 18, 2019, 09:27:07 AM »

Unplug them all when you leave the house. That is the safest bet.

Always. It's very rare to not have it unplugged for the night too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #14758 on: January 18, 2019, 09:58:44 AM »
Down with a stomach bug. Can't keep things in through either end.  :zombiefuck:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14759 on: January 18, 2019, 10:00:15 AM »
YUCK!
Good luck with this.  Stay hydrated!