Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232047 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #14715 on: January 10, 2019, 10:03:14 AM »
There was a boobs-out protest near where I work this morning. And I didn't find out until after it was over.
Worse than tragic, Bro!

:hair:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14716 on: January 10, 2019, 11:01:07 AM »
There was a boobs-out protest near where I work this morning. And I didn't find out until after it was over.

:GA:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14717 on: January 10, 2019, 11:09:22 AM »
:lol1:

It's legal for women to go topless on Canada but nobody actually does it.

In Canada they would get frostbite.  In Louisiana they would get sunburn. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #14718 on: January 10, 2019, 01:59:05 PM »
 :fp:   @ humanity. I seriously am sick of being human.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14719 on: January 11, 2019, 06:17:00 AM »
Now the windscreen washers on my car are dying. Filled up the fluid reservoir and no difference. Either the jets are clogged with waterscale or something or the washer pump is on it's way out. Thankfully not worth driving to the dealer for as the parts are piss cheap (spend more on petrol getting there).

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14720 on: January 11, 2019, 06:43:16 PM »
I was chopping some vegetables in preparation for a soup for tomorrow's mid day meal when I got distracted talking to my son. Then, I stepped a bit and my foot landed right on my loving cat's front paw. I did not know she had come and laid down next to me while I was chopping. She screamed and I reacted and stumbled a bit, then lost control of my razor sharp, heavy chopping knife. As I recovered my balance my left index finger came into contact with the sharp edge of the blade as it fell to the floor.
Now I know not to try and catch a falling knife. Too dangerous! But I was trying to get off my sweet kitty's paw and I cut my left index finger's first knuckle down to the bone.

There was an immediate flush of lost blood which freaked out my son, and it hurt, but trying to keep my freaked out and panicking son from freaking out even more as quarter sized drops of blood began to go from five to ten to twenty to more like a stream trail to the sink before I could get cold water on it and assess the damage, he had completely lost it.

I had a situation to deal with and his thinking that "I have to save Dad!!!" just got in my way.

My finger is fine and all bandaged up now.
Now maybe I am wrong, but I got him over to the sink where I was running cold water over my injury in order to assess the incident (that is when I realized how serious my cut finger was. Hell I could see my guts moving around in there and a clear view of just how white live bone is) and I showed him that, yes you can have your skin cut open and lose some blood and as long as you take care of the injury quickly and do not panic, you will be fine. (A lesson he really needed to learn)
Not the first time I have had a deep cut, but only the second time he has seen any amount of blood like this.

He saw all that blood and wanted to dial 911, FFS! His intentions were protective, but way far removed from reality.

I "made"  him look at my injury to see it clearly under the running water and as I worked hydrogen peroxide into the cut. Then I asked for his help to bandage it.
He was afraid that I needed to get to the hospital right away, but I showed him how the blood was stopping, compared to where we were two minutes ago.
I told him that I am going to need a special tool that we have in the freezer, out in the garage.

"You have medical tools in the freezer?"  Well, yeah and if you could go get two of those ice cream bars we have out there, we can use the sticks to make a good bandage. "How?!?" Let's have a couple of ice cream bars and I will show you.

Any way, I showed him that since the injury was directly on a knuckle, I had to immobilize the joint for a few hours so that the cut could close up and begin to heal.
Getting his mind to function and realize that even a nasty cut is not necessarily life threatening seemed to be the next step, so eating ice cream to reveal medical equipment seemed like a decent diversion. Besides, I needed something to stabilize the finger over night.

It has been an hour and he is still very attentive and still a bit worried. I keep showing him that the bleeding has completely stopped and yeah, it hurts, but it is perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 06:50:43 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14721 on: January 11, 2019, 06:48:57 PM »

Oh, getting him to help me finish chopping the vegetables was step two of his psychological recovery.

The soup is on!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #14722 on: January 11, 2019, 07:11:44 PM »
This brings back good memories, DD. We tried to fix things without the use of a doctor whenever we could. Tetanus or too deep cuts where different. But otherwise we'd learn to make swallowtails and stuff like that. And the times we did have to see a GP, we watched closely to learn new tricks, if possible.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #14723 on: January 11, 2019, 07:12:44 PM »
Now the windscreen washers on my car are dying. Filled up the fluid reservoir and no difference. Either the jets are clogged with waterscale or something or the washer pump is on it's way out. Thankfully not worth driving to the dealer for as the parts are piss cheap (spend more on petrol getting there).

The jets usually clog on mine, I just poke a pin in them and it unclogs them.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14724 on: January 11, 2019, 07:33:36 PM »

Ironically the protest was demanding Australia grant asylum to the Saudi teen trapped in BKK, fleeing her family and almost certain death if forced to return home. The Saudi teen decided to go to Canada instead, where getting one's boobs out is legal.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14725 on: January 11, 2019, 07:46:12 PM »
This brings back good memories, DD. We tried to fix things without the use of a doctor whenever we could. Tetanus or too deep cuts where different. But otherwise we'd learn to make swallowtails and stuff like that. And the times we did have to see a GP, we watched closely to learn new tricks, if possible.
Yeah, I grew up the same way, but you know how thin the skin is covering your knuckles. When you get older all your skin loses, by degrees, some of its elasticity or resilience.  The leather quality of my skin is long gone.
Nothing serious here. But my son saw it all and freaked out. It was time for a real life lesson.

Seriously, though, how about his determination to finish the job for me, in all efforts to help out. Using the same knife that cut me was a kind of large win for him AND me. I am proud of him!

He needed some management to see this and get through it and I am glad that I was able to be there to provide it.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14726 on: January 11, 2019, 10:10:31 PM »
I was opening boxes that were in storage after the fire.  I cut my finger (not badly) and went to the urgent care center.  I explained what happened and that I knew it wasn't a very bad cut.  I was afraid of infection because the boxes had been in storage and I still had a lot of boxes to go.  For the first time since since The PR's cesearian birth I had stitches.  Stitches are one of my shudder things.

Well I looked at the stitch-up and went "Awwwwwwwwww, they look just like tiny little flies."  Tetanus shot and back to unpacking.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #14727 on: January 12, 2019, 02:06:29 AM »
In cases like that, especially when knowing there might be a slight chance of tetanus, you have to be smart enough to see a doctor.

I was opening boxes that were in storage after the fire.  I cut my finger (not badly) and went to the urgent care center.  I explained what happened and that I knew it wasn't a very bad cut.  I was afraid of infection because the boxes had been in storage and I still had a lot of boxes to go.  For the first time since since The PR's cesearian birth I had stitches.  Stitches are one of my shudder things.

Well I looked at the stitch-up and went "Awwwwwwwwww, they look just like tiny little flies."  Tetanus shot and back to unpacking.

Flies attached/attracted to the wound is funny.  :nerdy:

*Note to self - tetanus shot expired last month *
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:18:56 AM by 'andersom' »

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #14728 on: January 12, 2019, 02:17:05 AM »
Yeah, I grew up the same way, but you know how thin the skin is covering your knuckles. When you get older all your skin loses, by degrees, some of its elasticity or resilience.  The leather quality of my skin is long gone.
Nothing serious here. But my son saw it all and freaked out. It was time for a real life lesson.

Seriously, though, how about his determination to finish the job for me, in all efforts to help out. Using the same knife that cut me was a kind of large win for him AND me. I am proud of him!

He needed some management to see this and get through it and I am glad that I was able to be there to provide it.

Will probably be a memory that will last.

Last month a friend of my oldest recalled how once, in her teens, she had called me in panic, home alone, with a cut finger.

So, went there. Checked the wound. Calmed her. And then we dressed the wound together. Nothing serious. But lots of the red stuff coming out.

The calm and dealing with it stuck with her. Was cool to hear.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14729 on: January 12, 2019, 02:34:54 AM »

Ironically the protest was demanding Australia grant asylum to the Saudi teen trapped in BKK, fleeing her family and almost certain death if forced to return home. The Saudi teen decided to go to Canada instead, where getting one's boobs out is legal.

It's an important consideration. :orly:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein