Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234804 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #14565 on: November 26, 2018, 02:00:32 AM »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14566 on: November 26, 2018, 09:16:08 AM »
I bought a stack of writable CDs for taking with me in the car (I never travel with my originals, only copies) and they were on sale. They were the colored variety, which is fine - I do not give a fuck about the color, but the price was right.

Unfortunately, the last ten are all black and I only have a black marker for labeling them. I always buy the chisel point markers so I can do a sort of low grade calligraphic lettering, making them appear more classy.

BUT, the black on black lettering does not show up. I know that I said that I do not give a fuck about the colors, but now I am starting to. I have to buy a new pen to label these discs. I know the prismatic effect of the ink on top of the disc can still be seen under certain conditions, but sometimes I change discs in my car at night.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #14567 on: November 26, 2018, 03:16:15 PM »
Got soaking wet at work
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #14568 on: November 26, 2018, 09:02:23 PM »
Why not just use correction fluid? it's bright white and permanent. And cheap.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14571 on: November 28, 2018, 12:13:26 AM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14572 on: November 28, 2018, 12:15:02 AM »
Another morning with a headache. :-\

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14573 on: November 28, 2018, 12:45:59 AM »
I hate waking up with a headache. You just know the whole day is going to suck from then on.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14574 on: November 28, 2018, 12:23:27 PM »
Yeah, me too. This is stress-related, I'd think. Lots to do at work.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14575 on: November 28, 2018, 03:42:41 PM »

Someone dumped a deer into the dumpster where my son works. It apparently happened over night or early hours, but no one did anything. As soon as he told me about this, I turned the car around and told hi, to show me the dumpster.

I gave a perfunctory inspection and I could clearly see a sort of (looked like radio) tag through its ear.  And yet no one did anything.
I called the Department Of Natural Resources hotline and reported it.

Some one HAD to. Even if it was legit road kill, you can not just dump a game animal.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14576 on: November 28, 2018, 06:49:00 PM »
The Law Enforcement gaming branch of the state DNR just called me back to thank me for being an such an upstanding, conscientious citizen and reporting the dumped deer. He told me that this deer was indeed a part of a Purdue University study, identified by the tag it wore.

After about five minutes of compliments and a few too many, "Thank You, officer" responses, I finally found a way to end the phone call.
There are thirty something people that work at this place and no one, not even the boss gave a second thought to notifying the authorities.  :zombiefuck:

I do not get it. I hope my son learned a lesson here.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #14577 on: November 28, 2018, 08:50:33 PM »
I hate being sleep deprived and exhausted all the time.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14578 on: November 29, 2018, 12:37:47 AM »
I hate being sleep deprived and exhausted all the time.

:hug:

Parenting will do that to you. I can't imagine how it must be for you - it was bad enough when my kids were small and I was just the dad. Do you have any help at all?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #14579 on: November 30, 2018, 10:01:02 PM »
On Dec 8th we're flying to my mother's place for a month. I want to do some sleep training with him while I'm there. He always wakes up early in the morning and I'm a night person, so mornings are miserable. But my mother gets up early and will be able to take him and let me sleep in.

Right now he won't sleep unless he's hugging my arm. When he goes down for bed I spend the next hour or two lying with him till he falls asleep, sneaking away, and then in 5-20 mins he'll try to roll over, wake himself up and start crying and start the process again. Once I go to bed he's in bed with me, but I don't think my sleep is that great. Plus he's still waking up every few hours to feed.

I really don't have any idea how the fuck to train him out of this, but I figure if I can get myself a break at my mother's and be thinking more clearly, then I can maybe figure something out.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.