Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 233382 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #14490 on: October 29, 2018, 05:21:13 AM »
^Got lost in the mail? How convenient!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14491 on: October 29, 2018, 05:50:09 AM »
It would have been a sizeable parcel too.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14492 on: October 29, 2018, 11:21:03 AM »
My head hurts and it feels like my lungs are detaching when I cough.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14493 on: October 29, 2018, 11:23:37 AM »

Take a bottle of booze and 2 gorgeous Swedish women.  Call a doctor in the morning if you survive.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14494 on: October 29, 2018, 11:24:17 AM »

Take a bottle of booze and 2 gorgeous Swedish women.  Call a doctor in the morning if you survive.

:laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14495 on: November 02, 2018, 03:52:00 AM »
I signed up to do an asthma treatment trial after I saw it on the news. On the link provided I filled out a short questionnaire. I wrote I took ADHD medication. They wrote back via email that I can't be part of the trial because dexamphetamine would show up positive on a drug test. The things about this that sucks the most is that the treatment may have really helped my asthma and I miss out on being paid over $5000.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14496 on: November 02, 2018, 05:13:21 PM »

That whole thing kind of sucks, Ren.
I find it deplorable that they would not want to widen their scope to include a few of us, even allowing for your medication.

You declared the medication in all honesty, so they know about it. That should be enough to at least get you into the study and possibly find a better way to cope with your asthma.

There is no smiley for this, but maybe ...
:hair:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14497 on: November 02, 2018, 05:16:21 PM »

It makes me want to shout, "NEVER self identify!!"
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14498 on: November 02, 2018, 08:59:32 PM »

Going out today to work in the back yard, I went out with the dog who was SO excited to go out that he took off running. I did not know that my son had the main garage door open. I was planning to go out through the garage and then through the side door/man/person door, but the dog went running to find my son who was working in the alley.
I panicked immediately because I have lost so many great pets to horrid traffic. He knew it from my voice, I assume, because he stopped about half way down the drive way and turned back to my screaming his name.

I think my BP peaked up a bit, but it was so good to see him respond to my call and abandon his abandoned charge to freedom and come running back to me.

It was a rough moment.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14499 on: November 02, 2018, 09:01:15 PM »

I find it deplorable that they would not want to widen their scope to include a few of us, even allowing for your medication.

You declared the medication in all honesty, so they know about it. That should be enough to at least get you into the study and possibly find a better way to cope with your asthma.

If I had lied about it, they would have done the drug test and found out. Bummer, a real bummer. :(
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14500 on: November 02, 2018, 09:18:51 PM »

If I had lied about it, they would have done the drug test and found out. Bummer, a real bummer. :(

No, never lie, but my Think Style is that you were as honest as possible and it shut you down. That just does not think right in my head.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14501 on: November 03, 2018, 01:58:41 AM »
That sucks, but I can sort of see the POV, too.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #14502 on: November 03, 2018, 08:23:21 AM »
The way it was worded 'drug test' implies they were looking for 'illegal' substance use. Or it sounds that way to me  (I.e they'd run a panel looking for certain specific entities, not each and every drug, legal or otherwise, which has ever been synthesized, marketed, sold or made from tree or shrub rootbark, seeds etc. and completely miss anything like say, antidiabetic agents, various obscure sedative-hypnotics, antidepressants, antihistamines, chemo drugs and the like) and just look for the likely suspects (I.e the likes of 6-monoacetylmorphine [this is IIRC what is actually looked for when testing for heroin, as it is formed as a metabolite only of that drug, at least, unless one is specifically producing 6-MAM on purpose in it's own right, and this is used  to prevent the 'it was prescription morphine' or the 'poppy seed bagel' defenses being used by H users. And yes, despite what is said, apparently a single poppy seed based food item of that sort can  indeed push one over the detection limit and there have been court cases over it, even kids taken away at birth from new mothers all because they had some poppy seed cake, or poppy seed bagel etc.)

Along with (N-alkyl)amphetamine, PCP, weed. methaqualone (an old sedative-hypnotic, although why they bother to test for it is beyond me, at least as part of  any standard panel, since it hasn't been manufactured by big pharma in decades, still made clandestinely and of poor quality indeed if the analyses I've read are anything to go by, with substantial amounts of  one of the two reagents critical to synthesis of methaqualone/quaalude, unfortunately, the toxic one. The only times it ever turns up in the west, are either ancient, though active, stashes from the medicine cabinets of dead grandma and the like, or the very occasional adventurous clandestine chemist. Putting it on any standard panel simply makes no sense, as it is just so vanishingly rare.

And the likes of cocaine, etc., mostly, with the exception of quaalude, commonly used 'illegal' drugs. That shouldn't, IMO, have gone
against you in the clinical trial, especially given yours is from a doctor. It's notable they picked amphetamine as the one
they targeted, not the much more potentially dangerous MAOI (which IMO should certainly have done so, at least, without a suitable washout period first)

Didn't say shit about your other meds, did they?
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14503 on: November 03, 2018, 09:53:52 PM »
No, I told them about the rest of them. Even had to spell out ' moclobemide'. They just latched onto the dexamphetamine. They asked how long I had been taking it. I said, "Fourteen years."
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #14504 on: November 03, 2018, 10:21:23 PM »
Just when I think walmart mgmt. and customers can't get any stupider........there seems to be a core group that screams, "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!"
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant