Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 231999 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #14460 on: October 12, 2018, 12:49:46 AM »
I've been having an email conversation with someone in Singapore (works for the same company as me). Her name is Pei Ying.

Now I don't know if her first name is pronounced "Pay" rhyming with "Bay". Or "Pee" rhyming with "Bee".

If it is "Pee" then her full name would be pronounced "Pee Ying", which is how you would pronounce "peeing" with a typical Australian accent.

Even if it is pronounced "Pay" then that could also be used for dad jokes. Like if you went to a restaurant with her you could say "Are you Pay Ying?" and when she says "yes" you say "Good, then I'm having the lobster!".
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #14461 on: October 12, 2018, 04:15:55 AM »
I've been having an email conversation with someone in Singapore (works for the same company as me). Her name is Pei Ying.

Now I don't know if her first name is pronounced "Pay" rhyming with "Bay". Or "Pee" rhyming with "Bee".

If it is "Pee" then her full name would be pronounced "Pee Ying", which is how you would pronounce "peeing" with a typical Australian accent.

Even if it is pronounced "Pay" then that could also be used for dad jokes. Like if you went to a restaurant with her you could say "Are you Pay Ying?" and when she says "yes" you say "Good, then I'm having the lobster!".

Or you could take her to a restaurant and ask her if she is peeing. Then she could ask you why you are a goofy mother fucker. Boom boom!
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14462 on: October 12, 2018, 04:48:11 AM »
Don't give up your day job Al. <_<
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #14463 on: October 12, 2018, 03:55:44 PM »
MOSW-shoul have stamped down HARD on their ankle, then told them 'just think about how that bee felt when you ruptured all it's internal organs and caused it's eyes and brain to burst'

And of course called them a fucking piece of shit. Maybe spat in their face for good measure. Cruelty to animals deserves cruelty in return. Although it is, IMO, very important to tell them WHY they are having the fuck kicked out of them, because otherwise they won't be successfully conditioned to fear abusing animals. Animal abusers aren't very bright generally speaking, so it'll have to be made crystal-clear just what that beating is being administered FOR.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14464 on: October 14, 2018, 03:21:50 AM »
Not a good morning for my poor joints. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14465 on: October 14, 2018, 08:27:28 AM »

I was mirroring you.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14466 on: October 14, 2018, 08:27:51 AM »

Good to hear

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14467 on: October 14, 2018, 08:30:33 AM »

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14468 on: October 14, 2018, 02:19:42 PM »

I was mirroring you.

You need a brain for that. On that score you're shit outta luck.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14469 on: October 15, 2018, 12:03:21 AM »

Good to hear

Any chance your heart will give up sooner rather than later?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14470 on: October 15, 2018, 08:02:33 AM »
My engine's water pump is on the fritz.

Seems to be an ownership milestone for this kinda car :autism:
Thank god I have a service booked in next thursday.....at a dealership 3 hours away! The trouble I have to go to when I've severed all relationships with dealerships that are closer lol. Just one more service after this and it's cheap independents and Amsoil forever.

The thing is I don't know if I can make it 3 hours away to Newcastle with overheating issues due to a dying water pump. And how long will I be without a car while they fix it under warranty? Will they let me take a loan car all the way home? What if they don't, how will I get back? Are there parts even in stock somewhere or will they take weeks to come from the US?

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #14471 on: October 15, 2018, 10:34:16 AM »
If they don't, and can't get a lift off anyone you know then you'd have to call a cab. 3 miles isn't exactly a huge distance so shouldn't be super-pricy as cab journeys go. Or could you walk it back if you had to? 3 miles is certainly a walkable distance, assuming the roads are not arranged in such a manner as to prevent pedestrian travel.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14472 on: October 15, 2018, 11:31:39 AM »
If they don't, and can't get a lift off anyone you know then you'd have to call a cab. 3 miles isn't exactly a huge distance so shouldn't be super-pricy as cab journeys go. Or could you walk it back if you had to? 3 miles is certainly a walkable distance, assuming the roads are not arranged in such a manner as to prevent pedestrian travel.

You may have mis-read.  She wrote 3 hours, not miles.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #14473 on: October 15, 2018, 02:10:15 PM »
My engine's water pump is on the fritz.

Seems to be an ownership milestone for this kinda car :autism:
Thank god I have a service booked in next thursday.....at a dealership 3 hours away! The trouble I have to go to when I've severed all relationships with dealerships that are closer lol. Just one more service after this and it's cheap independents and Amsoil forever.

The thing is I don't know if I can make it 3 hours away to Newcastle with overheating issues due to a dying water pump. And how long will I be without a car while they fix it under warranty? Will they let me take a loan car all the way home? What if they don't, how will I get back? Are there parts even in stock somewhere or will they take weeks to come from the US?

How bad is it leaking?  If it's not too bad you might be able to nurse it in stopping half route to let it cool down and add some fluid. You might want taken in on a flatbed though. When anything is an overheating issue I like to err on the side of caution. 

I would call in and ask how long it will take, normally it takes awhile.... figure letting it cool down, draining coolant, water pump, timing belt, what ever they need to take off to get access, alternator etc....so I'd ask if they can they provide a loner and get it worked out in advance.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14474 on: October 15, 2018, 11:40:58 PM »
Ugh. I have a sore neck today.

- Albert Einstein