Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232820 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #14385 on: September 06, 2018, 04:28:00 PM »
Yes, big bastards that weigh in heavily when they land on you.

Very pretty though. They sparkle in the sun.
They also make a weird clicking sound as they move their legs. I once was stung, "and it hurt" but I devoted a lot of my time to payback. I used them as target practice once I had my first BB gun.

I once, many years later captured one and got it into a small plastic bag. After a satisfying degree of torture I took it to where I knew was a very large red ant bed and thought I would just released it, but not before letting it lay there inside the plastic bag in abject terror while the ants called to each other and surrounded the bag, tried to move the entire bag into the nest. It was like some kind of telepathy I had witnessed. As soon as I got within five feet of the ant bed, the ants began to become very agitated and the hornet was as well, ramping up his attempts to find his way out of the torture bag in which he was captive. I finally had enjoyed myself enough watching this NEW spectacle and dangered my fingers as I ripped open the side of the plastic bag and those half inch long ants tried to rush in to take their enemy.

Of course a life and death struggle began and the huge hornet did his best, but I had already given the ants an advantage by fucking up this hornet quite a bit and he was still contained inside the bag, unable to just fly away. As the next thirty minutes unfolded many of the the ants were cut in half by the sheer power of the big guy's jaws, but numbers began to overwhelm the huge hornet and finally the massive swarm of ants managed to struggle this huge hornet out of the bag, cut his wings off and four of his legs. He was not going down easy, though as he continued to sever every ant body that got near his jaws as he gnashed about and slew his enemies one at a time. But there were just too many. I had planned this torture to the death, but it turned out even better than I had imagined.

It took over thirty minutes and I was mesmerized the whole time as these one tenth the size army warrior ants methodically dismembered and finally defeated this giant enemy, who had probably taken a few of them in his career, was defeated and taken in pieces down into the ants' lair to be further broken up, chewed up and finally spit out and fed to the children.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 06:11:03 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #14386 on: September 06, 2018, 04:45:15 PM »
I have no doubt you’ll dislike what I say, but, that’s just cruel. :( I admit I squash spiders and kill flies, but I don’t find any pleasure in seeing them suffer slowly. I guess we’re just different. I’m no angel.
:dog:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14387 on: September 06, 2018, 04:59:24 PM »
The hornet torture story well... sounds a bit like the stories you hear about kids who grow up to be serial killers. I'm glad you're not a serial killer DirtDawg. You're not, right?

We have ants around my house that are like hornets without wings. Bulldog ants. We have the big ones around an inch and a half long.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14388 on: September 06, 2018, 05:56:10 PM »
I have no doubt you’ll dislike what I say, but, that’s just cruel. :( I admit I squash spiders and kill flies, but I don’t find any pleasure in seeing them suffer slowly. I guess we’re just different. I’m no angel.

BUT, one of its ancient grand parents stung me. I was scarred for life. I still remember how badly it hurt, to this day fifty years later.

You keep stomping spiders, though. I do not have to worry about flies. I have a dog that grabs them in mid flight and he is always proud of himself once he gets one.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 05:58:24 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14389 on: September 06, 2018, 06:07:03 PM »
The hornet torture story well... sounds a bit like the stories you hear about kids who grow up to be serial killers. I'm glad you're not a serial killer DirtDawg. You're not, right?

We have ants around my house that are like hornets without wings. Bulldog ants. We have the big ones around an inch and a half long.

I think you two are merely responding to my "channeling Stephen King attempt."  Yes, I dramatized the incident for you folk's sake, but it did happen, just like that.
I was maybe twelve.

To be most honest, though, I am quite an accomplished serial killer of feral hogs and wild deer, but those end up on my grille, slow smoked to perfection.
"Serial Killed" many coyotes in my earlier years as well, but those were for bounty. Got ten bucks per head. Shit that was a tank of gas back then.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14390 on: September 07, 2018, 02:59:20 AM »
The 3 year discount rate on my home loan is ending soon, at which point it will go up by 1.5%.
Will have to go into the bank and see what I can do.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #14391 on: September 07, 2018, 06:33:38 AM »
The 3 year discount rate on my home loan is ending soon, at which point it will go up by 1.5%.

Oh shit! did you sign one of those variable rate loans?

Here in the US, those are a scam, they led to the 2008 financial collapse.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #14392 on: September 07, 2018, 07:06:12 AM »
DD sounds like the neighbor's cousin I used hang with when I was younger.

So far as I know neither of us turned out to be serial killers...yet. :laugh:

I think we spent an entire summer one year armed with magnifying glasses studying the effects of spontaneous combustion on insects.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #14393 on: September 07, 2018, 07:19:02 AM »

I think we spent an entire summer one year armed with magnifying glasses studying the effects of spontaneous combustion on insects.

I'd like it if you spontaneously combusted  :angel:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14394 on: September 07, 2018, 07:34:39 AM »

Variable rate loans are pretty much the norm here. Generally you only go for a fixed rate if you anticipate that the variable rate will increase.
In which ours hasn't, the treasury cash rate here has been stuck on 1.5% for like 2 years now. It might go up 0.25% in November now that I've said that though.

I'd say that Australia has a more heavily regulated finance market than the US.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #14395 on: September 07, 2018, 08:56:37 AM »
Went to an estate sale a half hour before it was supposed to start and it was mostly cleaned out already
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14396 on: September 07, 2018, 12:00:56 PM »

Hey, I could have written several pages using up ticked descriptor phrases and reeling the audience in with more personally suggestive wording.
Now, if that same story had played out using Orks and the King of Rohan defending his Keep, no one would have looked away or been offended or troubled and I could have charged admission. I could have made millions and done it several more times before "the Well" dried up and still people would PAY to watch.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 12:06:28 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14397 on: September 07, 2018, 12:28:05 PM »

Variable rate loans are pretty much the norm here. Generally you only go for a fixed rate if you anticipate that the variable rate will increase.
In which ours hasn't, the treasury cash rate here has been stuck on 1.5% for like 2 years now. It might go up 0.25% in November now that I've said that though.

I'd say that Australia has a more heavily regulated finance market than the US.

Good luck with this! I have never gotten a variable rate loan, even though they are SO enticing at first.
Coincidentally, we are re-financing our home on Monday. I have been working on this re-fi since May, though. No surprises here and NOTHING variable. I will actually have a tiny interest rate due to the fact that I have a separate account set up that could pay it off in cash to the bank if I die or worse.

It has been a struggle to even conceive of all this financial kung fu and get it all going. I had help from a professional, so while it was a pain in the ass to fulfill, all I really had to do was learn a bunch of shit I never cared about, BUT will affect us and understand various levels of ramification and make decisions, then learn even more.
 :GA:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 12:32:35 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #14398 on: September 07, 2018, 01:10:23 PM »

I'd like it if you spontaneously combusted  :angel:

Evil be to him who evil thinks. :angel:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14399 on: September 07, 2018, 05:41:47 PM »
My wife threw away our magnifying glass. Our son was getting into way too much trouble with it. I don't think he has ever killed an insect, but no paper airplane was safe.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass