Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235221 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #14340 on: August 22, 2018, 05:42:54 PM »
Crawled around in an attic and carried boxes up and down stairs all day,  so sore
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14341 on: August 22, 2018, 08:07:46 PM »
Back to the "quick bitch"  that started me along this trek with the health thing:

My "friend's" son has agreed to go back to school tomorrow, but no more taking his shoes off.  (Of course, he takes his shoes off when going to bed, but they buy him bed shoes to keep him comfortable while he sleeps.)

I think of how lucky/blessed I am sometimes. I never had to call out a fifteen year old for hiding dirty diapers under or inside cabinets, neither of mine ever just took off wandering, mine never put food they do not like behind the couch, etc, etc.  Feeling lucky, maybe THAT is what "friends" are for.

My son used to hide or spit out food in weird places. Not even to do with whether he likes the food or not - he just never had much of an appetite until the last few months (he is 13 years old). Food was always an inconvenience. He also liked to leave snacks around for the mice. My kids still think that the two mice (spidermouse and speedy-gonzales) we had got married and moved away to start a family. Reality is that I caught them in mouse traps overnight and put them in the rubbish bin outside before the kids woke up.

Regardless of the forcing your "friend's" son to take his shoes of, which is awful, how is weighing kids in front of their peers (weight shaming) and getting them to fixate on a number on a scale supposed to be healthy? That's about as pointless as doctors or dietitians telling overweight people to eat less food.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #14342 on: August 22, 2018, 08:22:23 PM »
how is weighing kids in front of their peers (weight shaming) and getting them to fixate on a number on a scale supposed to be healthy? That's about as pointless as doctors or dietitians telling overweight people to eat less food.

:fp:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14343 on: August 23, 2018, 09:13:33 PM »
I have had to make a choice between "cultural interests"  and  "manly pursuits."

This week end Cirque du Soleil  is performing and I would LOVE to be there!!

However, next week end is the US Nationals (NHRA stuff) and I am saving myself for next week end!  Indeed!
This is more than just  :popcorn: .   

Some of these fire breathing dragons go really fast and they do so quite quickly.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14344 on: August 24, 2018, 05:37:07 AM »
Found out today that my sister has thyroid cancer. She finds out more next week but at the very least she'll have to have surgery. :(
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #14345 on: August 24, 2018, 05:46:50 AM »
Found out today that my sister has thyroid cancer. She finds out more next week but at the very least she'll have to have surgery. :(

Sorry to hear that.

My lunch was disgusting.  I thought it was cottage cheese but it was actually mashed-up egg!  Ugh.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14346 on: August 24, 2018, 06:31:43 AM »
Sorry to hear that! Nothing we can do except sit and wait.
Kind of like when my mom's troubles showed up as leukemia and now we just watch and wait.

Hope there is a way to combat this for her.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14347 on: August 24, 2018, 06:39:06 AM »
Thank you both. :)

Yeah, at this stage it's a waiting game. Especially with test and scan results.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #14348 on: August 24, 2018, 06:44:56 AM »
Kind of like when my mom's troubles showed up as leukemia and now we just watch and wait.

I'm sure you're sat outside the hospital door.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14349 on: August 24, 2018, 06:55:36 AM »

I'm sure you're sat outside the hospital door.
Silly goof!
I was in the room with her. Now she is stabilized and being treated, so "stage two" of the waiting game has begun for us.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14350 on: August 24, 2018, 06:56:34 AM »
Thank you both. :)

Yeah, at this stage it's a waiting game. Especially with test and scan results.

I wish you the best!

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #14351 on: August 24, 2018, 07:02:57 AM »
Silly goof!

I got the wrong quote, sorry.  The other part of the text would make sense.  Biting satire, that.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14352 on: August 24, 2018, 09:36:45 AM »
My g'friend's daughter had Thyroid cancer surgery last year.  The surgery and radiation worked.  Evidently most thyroid cancers are "easily treated."
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14353 on: August 24, 2018, 12:38:36 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14354 on: August 24, 2018, 09:01:29 PM »
My g'friend's daughter had Thyroid cancer surgery last year.  The surgery and radiation worked.  Evidently most thyroid cancers are "easily treated."
That's good to know. I hope it will be the same for my sister.
I'm sorry to hear that. :(
Thanks odeon. She's going through the beginnings of a messy divorce too so she really doesn't need this.
Tek'ma'tae