Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 231819 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #14325 on: August 19, 2018, 04:47:05 PM »
Can't be worse than glen's vodka. Now that stuff is awful even the smell makes me gag. Could use that stuff to melt the enamel off the bowl of  a shitter,  after the drinker throws it up in disgust. Even the  smell makes me  think taking up being a homeless bum and drinking methylated spirit out of a paper bag whilst barking at passing cats would be a preferable alternative.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14326 on: August 22, 2018, 12:49:33 AM »
I ate a really hot potato about 5 days ago and got some trapped inside my mouth - upper left between the gum and my cheek. After I spat it out, I felt like I had done damage. Sure enough, when I looked in the mirror at it, there was a blister there. I've never done anything like that before.

My gum has mostly healed now. Still fairly sensitive. But the tooth below the burn has gone grey. That's what I'm really worried about. It's not loose or sensitive and I can chew and brush there just fine. But it's grey.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #14327 on: August 22, 2018, 01:04:38 AM »
I ate a really hot potato about 5 days ago and got some trapped inside my mouth - upper left between the gum and my cheek. After I spat it out, I felt like I had done damage. Sure enough, when I looked in the mirror at it, there was a blister there. I've never done anything like that before.

My gum has mostly healed now. Still fairly sensitive. But the tooth below the burn has gone grey. That's what I'm really worried about. It's not loose or sensitive and I can chew and brush there just fine. But it's grey.

Ugh, nasty.  Should wait until it cooled down.

Was it a jacket potato?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14328 on: August 22, 2018, 04:17:33 AM »
There is a "friend" of mine who's autistic child was forced to remove his shoes and weigh himself in front of his eighth grade class. Everyone else did this but this kid does not take his shoes off. It is the school's great idea to assess all students as to body fat content. Weighing everyone was a part of this. He was forced to do this with everyone else, despite his objections.

This kid is a bean pole and NOT fat. That is not the problem. He just can not be barefoot.

Now he refuses to go to school ever again.
 :'(

Fucked up!  I wonder where his counselor was during this personal assault.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #14329 on: August 22, 2018, 04:24:26 AM »
There is a "friend" of mine who's autistic child was forced to remove his shoes and weigh himself in front of his eighth grade class. Everyone else did this but this kid does not take his shoes off. It is the school's great idea to assess all students as to body fat content. Weighing everyone was a part of this. He was forced to do this with everyone else, despite his objections.

Why don't they mind their own business?

This is a doctor's thing, not a school thing.  Teach the kids, don't examine them.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14330 on: August 22, 2018, 01:08:18 PM »
It's only 9 PM and it's already dark outside. :GA:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14331 on: August 22, 2018, 01:39:54 PM »

Why don't they mind their own business?

This is a doctor's thing, not a school thing.  Teach the kids, don't examine them.

It goes along with our last First Lady's health initiative which has ruined school lunches and made them inedible to most kids. What kid wants to eat a wilty salad when they really want a cardboard pizza, FFS?
Admittedly, teaching them to make healthful choices at an early age is good, but it should fall to the parents, not the state run schools.
The school gets a bit of a "grant" for this crap. A greater percentage of participation is a larger funding level, despite actual attendance or size of the schools.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #14332 on: August 22, 2018, 01:44:19 PM »
What kid wants to eat a wilty salad when they really want a cardboard pizza, FFS?

Kids that go to posh schools?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14333 on: August 22, 2018, 03:51:31 PM »
What kid wants to eat a wilty salad when they really want a cardboard pizza, FFS?

Kids that go to posh schools?

Sorry, you lost me. Around here, "posh schools"  do not have wilty salads or cardboard pizza.

Many problems arise with this plan. First is fresh vegetables, cut yesterday, which spent too long on the refrigeration truck while a barely competent, carefree staff is actually trying to get eight or nine hundred kids fed in the hour and a half allowed for lunch.

Another funny consequence of all this crap is that a school does not get credit for having a "school day"  if the kids do not get a healthy lunch  (I know that that usage is incorrect and it should be healthful, but that is what they call it now   ---  "Angels and ministers of grace defend us!"). Considering this new issue, on an early release day, some of the kids have their lunch at nine AM, FFS!

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #14334 on: August 22, 2018, 03:57:27 PM »
Sorry, you lost me. Around here, "posh schools"  do not have wilty salads or cardboard pizza.

Posh means posh.  Well beyond your means or mine.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14335 on: August 22, 2018, 04:02:44 PM »
Back to the "quick bitch"  that started me along this trek with the health thing:

My "friend's" son has agreed to go back to school tomorrow, but no more taking his shoes off.  (Of course, he takes his shoes off when going to bed, but they buy him bed shoes to keep him comfortable while he sleeps.)

I think of how lucky/blessed I am sometimes. I never had to call out a fifteen year old for hiding dirty diapers under or inside cabinets, neither of mine ever just took off wandering, mine never put food they do not like behind the couch, etc, etc.  Feeling lucky, maybe THAT is what "friends" are for.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14336 on: August 22, 2018, 04:04:35 PM »

Posh means posh.  Well beyond your means or mine.

I understand the word and yes we do have posh schools here, but they are mostly down in the city or out near a university campus.
Local private schools are hardly posh.

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #14337 on: August 22, 2018, 04:10:01 PM »
I understand the word and yes we do have posh schools here, but they are mostly down in the city or out near a university campus. Local private schools are hardly posh.

I remember reading the lunch menu from an elite English private school and thinking... "yeah, I'd eat that!".  Mind you, I'd eat any old shite as long as it's nice-tasting shite.

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #14338 on: August 22, 2018, 04:12:13 PM »
Back to the "quick bitch"  that started me along this trek with the health thing:

Can't the "friend" get him comfortable shoes to wear?  Then he'll stop doing it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 04:15:29 PM by Tequila »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14339 on: August 22, 2018, 04:40:20 PM »

Can't the "friend" get him comfortable shoes to wear?  Then he'll stop doing it.

Not so easy. This is a real thing.  :asthing:

Hey, another example of how lucky I am; my seventeen year old daughter is terrified of the dark. This is a real thing. She sleeps with her lights on. We make compromises for her and adjustments to our routines in order for her to focus on more emergent happenstances of the day.