Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 233651 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #14265 on: July 27, 2018, 08:30:42 AM »
I can't stand mint either. Dentists hate me.  :P

I do not like it much either, but I put toothpaste in the same cart as nasty tasting medicine I have to take.

I actually grow quite a bit of mint. We are not alone in our displeasure of Mentha varieties. Insects mostly hate it, too. I put it around all our windows and doors outside to discourage the little creepies from entering our house.

Cinnamon also works on most ants. Never forget the day my mom was up here in Indiana visiting when we discovered a trail of ants near a door. My mom asks for cinnamon and I ushered her toward the spice rack.
Next thing I know she has almost emptied my bottle of imported east Asian, twenty five dollar per ounce (edit: actually that fancy stuff is twenty five dollars per quarter ounce), smoked cinnamon getting rid of about twenty ants. I still love her, anyway.

:hair:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 08:35:59 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14266 on: July 27, 2018, 08:40:32 AM »
I thought about getting a nursing mother pet rat with babies, so I could just pick her up and squeeze a teat into my coffee cup in the mornings. That seemed more convenient for milk.

Remember the comic making fun of rice milk and gesturing by moving his fingers in a tiny milking motion.
Milking a grain of rice actually requires a machine to accomplish efficiently.

I will have to look up the nutjobs who sell "rat milk" based cheese for you. Apparently there are several types of rat cheeses available.

:zombiefuck:

(pretty sure it is all a joke)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 08:42:55 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #14267 on: July 27, 2018, 11:36:53 PM »

I do not like it much either, but I put toothpaste in the same cart as nasty tasting medicine I have to take.

I've actually gone my whole life without using toothpaste. I know it's not good for me. Never been able to muster the motivation to overcome it, every day, ideally twice a day.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14268 on: July 28, 2018, 02:13:34 AM »
I've actually gone my whole life without using toothpaste. I know it's not good for me. Never been able to muster the motivation to overcome it, every day, ideally twice a day.
When I was a little kid, my parents bought me orange and strawberry flavoured toothpastes. They were ok but eventually I got used to using what the rest of the family used.

Still don't like it but I just use mint flavoured toothpaste now. Have gotten used to it. Ever since I had braces I have been brushing twice a day. The dentist says my mouth is boring because there's nothing wrong with it and they don't have to fix anything.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 02:20:19 AM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #14269 on: July 28, 2018, 02:15:58 AM »
Also bought non-minty flavored toothpaste for the kids when they were young.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #14270 on: July 28, 2018, 09:05:19 AM »

SO also. He can't stand mint, and I smell like a walking breath mint every time we go out. Poor man.

Sucking on a mint still helps better than any of the meds I've tried over the years in dealing with overcrowded places and lots of people.

My dad was the same...never got why until I hit my teens and started freaking out in crowds...and he was "here suck on this mint, chew this gum".  :laugh:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #14271 on: July 28, 2018, 10:28:54 AM »

SO also. He can't stand mint, and I smell like a walking breath mint every time we go out. Poor man.

Sucking on a mint still helps better than any of the meds I've tried over the years in dealing with overcrowded places and lots of people.

My dad was the same...never got why until I hit my teens and started freaking out in crowds...and he was "here suck on this mint, chew this gum".  :laugh:
Once read something about that. Chewing gum eases anxiety due to a chemical release because the body thinks it's eating, or something along that line. Makes sense having a hard candy might do the same.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14272 on: July 29, 2018, 10:04:37 PM »
While chopping an onion last night I slipped with the knife and cut a chunk out of my thumb. It actually bled so I knew it wasn't just the top layer of skin. I went into the bathroom and bled into the sink until Kayleigh could get me a tissue. I put a tissue over it and held it there until it stopped bleeding which wasn't long.

There was a bit of skin covering it that I pulled off just now and of course now it hurts like buggery. Didn't bleed though. It's difficult to do everyday things with only partial use of my thumb.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #14273 on: July 30, 2018, 09:22:56 AM »
Who TF is 'milo'; Renster?

As for lemon balm, it is RELATED to the mints, but it works  real nice just as it is, to make  a strong decoction of it for use in steeping the teabags for lady grey etc., instead  of regular water. Related to, but in the genus  Melissa not Mentha, and  it doesn't taste of menthol whatsoever. In fact, in the wikipedia article, the section listing the various terpenes and other substances produced by lemon balm, menthol isn't one of them.

It just has a lovely lemony fresh citrusy flavour, so does lady grey tea. One can omit the mint itself, I often do, and just go over the balm with the back of  a spoon to squish it and release a lot of the juices and oils, before stuffing it into a jug with enough water plus a bit because the balm will soak some up; let it stew and whilst still very hot, filter it through a piece of kitchen roll, in a sieve (wetting it first helps it stay in shape rather than curling up, something I've learned from filtering various....things that needed filtering...an awful lot of times, if placed in dry and you pour water over it (or solvents etc.) it often curls up and stops covering all the sieve. This doesn't happen if you wet the paper towel first THEN stick it in the sieve)

And then filter out your spent plant garbage (the used balm) and the cup of hot balm infusion, reheated a little in the MW for a few seconds if needs be, stick your lady grey teabag in there, let stew, add honey and there you go, one really tasty combination. Best to throw in the grated lime zest whilst making the hot infusion, to get the oils out, and remove by filtration after MWing with the rest. Serve with a slice of lime, and a squeeze of lime juice.

My quick bitch-when removing some severely callused overgrowth that is my left hand, post childhood (mis)encounter with thionyl chloride, and post-degloving as a result, what was meant to be dead, accidentally took something living with it, and unfortunately was all yanked off in one go as it was proving tough to do slowly. Kinda peeled myself. Oww.

Blood everywhere too.

Thank fuck I have some local anaesthetics. Although I think this might just call for a morphine shot, and perhaps a dose of oxy up the nose too.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #14274 on: July 30, 2018, 04:40:11 PM »
My van is dying
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14275 on: July 30, 2018, 05:32:29 PM »
My van is dying

Ouch. That is like a powerful tool you need every day!

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14276 on: July 30, 2018, 05:36:11 PM »
Lestat, Milo is basically chocolate flavoured dirt.

Normally mixed with milk (hot or cold) but the only way I like it is sprinkled on ice cream.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14277 on: July 30, 2018, 07:18:01 PM »
Dying van = not good. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14278 on: July 31, 2018, 02:20:07 AM »
Dying van = not good.
Definitely not. How will you replace it?

Normally mixed with milk (hot or cold) but the only way I like it is sprinkled on ice cream.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #14279 on: July 31, 2018, 05:20:30 AM »

Minister for Silly Walks likes dirt on Icecream even basically chocolate flavoured dirt
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap