Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234134 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #14205 on: July 09, 2018, 06:10:11 AM »
Hi!

They seem triggered by stress mostly. They've been there since before my dad visited a few weeks ago (I was stressing about getting the house guest ready). Then my mum got her knee replacement done and she was in the hospital for 6 days and now I'm visiting morning and afternoon to help her out.
Then my workmate gave notice and her replacement only had three weeks training with her to learn 6 years worth of skills before she was farewelled. I've had to hold the new person's hand all the time because she's as thick as a brick and has no clue what's going on. The bosses just weren't bothered to advertise for someone with actual experience for the position so they just did the lazy thing and employed a friend of a friend. It's just so stupid that this person happens to be the most woeful candidate for the job.

My next bitch is that I need new front tyres on my car. Upon inspection yesterday the inside shoulder of the current pair have worn down to the canvas lol.
I'm only an RBT stop away from getting a defect sticker from the police. I mean, I knew I needed new tyres but I didn't realise the situation was that desperate.
I always thought the camber seemed a little off on the front wheels. Lets just hope the tyreshop monkeys can do a proper wheel alignment to see.
You have a lot going on, that's for sure.

One thing you said struck me - about your mum having a knee replacement. My mum did too, about 2 and a half weeks ago. She was only in the hospital for two days. She lives out in the country so I've only been to see her once. She was limping around and didn't like to sit down.

Kind of a coincidence.

My mum is able to gingerly walk through the house but she's using a walking frame I got her from the op shop and some crutches from the hospital.
She had bad muscles around the knee to begin with as well as a bad knee itself so it's going to take a lot of time and physio for her. She keeps getting cramps up the side of her thigh.

Related bitch; mum hasn't heard from my brother for weeks, he hasn't even bothered to call to see how she's going. Mum texted and called to try and tell him she was going to hospital and then tried to do the same again when she was getting out and nothing. He'll just bribe her with a surprise visit from the grandkids in a few weeks and pretend to care.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14206 on: July 09, 2018, 06:26:44 AM »
What if something really serious were to happen to mum or dad and he wasn't bothered to check the messages on his phone?
I suppose he'd eventually call back weeks later then get angry at me cause he missed the funeral?

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #14207 on: July 09, 2018, 05:04:11 PM »
Well she can tell him, if he has the sheer GALL  to get pissy with her if she missed a funeral because HE couldn't be fucking bothered to look at the damn text she sent him; that he has nobody but himself and his own lazy bitch arse to blame for being a bone idle piece of crap, and to go and drink bleach, y'know, just because it's the right thing to do. Maybe that he also, as an afterthought post-script, ought to go fuck himself. At least he'd  be familiar with the concept, sounds like he spends  most of his life with head up sphincter.

My quick bitch-thats the second time today I've had a sudden bout of severe nausea. First time, I was  sitting on the sofa, eating a bowl of chili con carnage (my old man did it, and it isn't chili con carnE, unless there is fly agaric and peppery boletus in there as seasonings), watching star trek; when all of a sudden, went from feeling completely fine, to having that revolting 'Ulch!!' sensation trying to rip it's way hand over hand up from my duodenum until it's gotten up to the throat and feels as though a kidney is poised to taking a running jump for freedom by way of both nostrils (just one kidney, but both nostrils). Was fine one moment, and in the time it took go go from normal to knowing for sure that I was going to puke within moments if I didn't do something about it, was just the time it took for spoon to emerge from bowl and  get half way to my mouth, before I got the message, and tore off upstairs to get a needle-less measuring syringe, grabbing a  bottle of cyclizine tablets on the way up off the lounge coffee table and a glass bottle to crush them with.

Got upstairs, somehow restraining my guts, and was right at the stage where the saliva filling one's mouth feels hot for no apparent reason, when I managed to squirt a syringe full of water into a little plastic measuring cup, with 4 cyclizine tablets in it, powdered and crushed with the bottle, so it could be dosed...well, the only other place than his mouth that a man has, that a syringe with no needle is generally used with medical purposes in mind.

That way, it can't be puked up before it can go to work, and works within a minute or so. SOMEHOW, I managed to do it, and keep my insides, well, inside me.

Suddenly just happened again a few minutes  ago. Only this time ended with insides  being outside; down the bog sink in particular. Did manage to get 2 cyclizine tabs powdered and liquid added, in me, but unfortunately still had to dash for the crapper, only made it as far as projectile spew range, but at least managed to keep it dead on target into the sink. Dosed another 2x cyclizine tabs since I'd just swallowed two and had two up north, and the swallowed pair were taken literally tens of seconds before throwing up, so will have come right back up and out.

And this time, I've had the forethought to prepare a 4x50mg/5ml solution, ready for use in case it happens again, so there is no waiting time trying to hold my innards in whilst having to move to make the solution for non-oral, needle-free dosing, so its ready there to use without moving more than an arm.

No idea what caused it, either time. Just hit me all of a sudden, one minute not sick, the next feeling nauseated as hell and about to blow chunks. Both times, really sudden onset, absolutely no warning. I am SO glad that I wasn't either sitting down to drop a deuce, or taking a leak and in mid-squirt at the time. Think I'll take a couple of ondansetron tablets too (anti-barf pills of near enough weapons-grade for those really intractable heaves when nothing else will do the job properly, although the cyclizine is really effective and powerful [its a strong sedating antihistamine with antimuscarinic effects, and an extremely potent antinauseant and antiemetic,] whilst ondansetron does the same job without acting either on cholinergic or histaminergic receptors, working instead by binding to serotonin receptors, of the 5HT3 subtype, as a strong 5HT3 receptor antagonist, with 5HT3 receptor activation being very strongly correlated with nausea and vomiting.

Its found mostly in the peripheral nervous system, especially in high expression levels within the stomach and gut, although 5HT3 is also expressed in the CNS, such as within the brain stem, and linked with, on activation, increased seizure tendency, nausea and anxiety, whilst it's activation causes physical vomiting, stimulation of pain-related nerve pathways and overall, increased sympathetic tone.

All in all, a little bastard of a receptor. But potent antagonists of 5HT3Rs such as ondansetron do the opposite, and are as a result, very, very effective antiemetics and antinauseants. So going to pop a couple of those, as an insurance policy, so to speak, so if when the cyclizine wears off I have another sudden bout of 'ohfuckgeddoutathegoddamnwayyousonOfAbiIIIIIIItttCHhh!', it'll help lower the tendency to puke long enough for the readymade measuring syringe of cyclizine solution, mixed in with my next dose of oxycodone IR to make sure I can't throw that up.

Would have added the chlormethiazole I take for seizure control to the mixture, but unfortunately, I had to make do with swallowing it after the cyclizine I had just before took effect, after I'd thrown up and washed  the sink free of chunks of mushrooms, half-digested kidney beans  and stringy bits of minced fried beef, plus the odd odd reddish-orange gelatinous, amorphous blob of something that it seems, was, at one time in the recent past, of a tomato-based origin here and  there come back to haunt me.

Couldn't add the chlormethiazole to the ready-prepared mixture, because chlormethiazole freebase attacks and dissolves plastics into goo, like pouring nail varnish remover (acetone) onto polystyrene foam. So it would melt both the plastic measuring cup, the barrel of the syringe, and weld the inside of the barrel to the plunger. And I don't much fancy either wasting the antiseizure meds, or pain meds for  that matter, having liquefied plastic up my arse; that just can't  be good for you :autism:

Damn insides. They hate me. And the feeling is mutual. No warning at all this time, and absolutely no idea why, nor is there  any good reason for why me  chit'lins to make a desperate attempt to secede from the fatherland.  So yeah, I really don't need both nausea  AND an anal sphincter shrinkwrapped on the INSIDE  which can blow bubbles of air-setting solvated polymer  out of  my arse, twist them around at the end , poke a pin through it and light a match to send them flying on a current of flaming methane and hydrogen sulfide. Come to think of it, I don't need a polymer film-coated rectum WITHOUT feeling nauseous. Or feeling nauseous without a teflon backside-starfish; either.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14208 on: July 11, 2018, 06:19:01 AM »
Tyre shopping is HARD. I don't 100% need high performance rubber, I WANT high performance rubber. Stop questioning my tyre choices, stoopid guys behind tyre shop counters!!

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #14209 on: July 11, 2018, 07:52:29 AM »
Tyre shopping is HARD. I don't 100% need high performance rubber, I WANT high performance rubber. Stop questioning my tyre choices, stoopid guys behind tyre shop counters!!

There are tires out there that make a good compromise.

Do they have Cooper Cobras in AU??

I had those on me Eagle Talon and they were pretty grippy and lasted about 50K miles. I also had a set of Dunlops that were SUPER grippy that didn't quite make it to 30K.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14210 on: July 11, 2018, 12:35:44 PM »

I just bought a set of tires for my crossover SUV, nineteen inch, sixty series. huge tires - $250 per tire for decent Bridgestones with a street type tread style.
The guy was constantly trying to talk me into getting a more crappy, cheaper tire.  Cool look with Mudder tread style, but I do not go off road if I can avoid it.

Then He kept telling me that I did not need to pay the extra $2 to have MY OWN FUCKING tires inflated with pure nitrogen. (for some of you, N is a much larger molecule and it also tends to change "size" by a smaller percentage compared to just regular air when your daily temperatures swing up to sixty degrees Fahrenheit between sundown and mid day.)
I recommend this step! They seal the tire, check for leaks then vacuum all the passive air out of it, then pressurize the tire with purified nitrogen. Worth the extra $2 for real.

"My tire guys"  were trying to help me spend LESS on my tire purchase, while getting me into a more "popular looking"  cool tire, but it sounds like "your tire guys" were trying to get you to turn around and bend over.
Either way is annoying! I am not a typical shopper, though. I usually know exactly what I want to buy well before I show up at a store. I do not need a "salesman" who uses lubricant before he fucks me up the ass. I just need to see a simple clerk.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 12:48:04 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14211 on: July 12, 2018, 01:05:32 AM »
I have an eye infection. Yay. It's been a while.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #14212 on: July 12, 2018, 05:56:12 AM »

I have a kidney infection. I hope your eye infection is more painful.  :laugh:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14213 on: July 12, 2018, 06:36:53 AM »

An eye infection is unlikely to kill me. With your kidney, the Aussie gene pool might get lucky. :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #14214 on: July 12, 2018, 06:39:10 AM »

An eye infection is unlikely to kill me. With your kidney, the Aussie gene pool might get lucky. :M

:plus:  One can always hope. I will not die. I will be around a long time yet.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14215 on: July 13, 2018, 06:47:51 AM »

There are tires out there that make a good compromise.

Do they have Cooper Cobras in AU??

I had those on me Eagle Talon and they were pretty grippy and lasted about 50K miles. I also had a set of Dunlops that were SUPER grippy that didn't quite make it to 30K.

Nope, we only need summer tyres here in Australia.
There are Cooper Zeon RS3-S's to fit at 275 wide but god only knows how I go about procuring a set! Cooper passenger car tyres are relatively new to the market over here, they previously only sold 4x4 tyres exclusively.
I'm leaning towards Nitto Invos now even though they're not speed rated high enough.
Anyway my car is off the road till I get them as it appears the shoulder wear is more frightful than I thought. I'm actually embarrassed at this point lol.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14216 on: July 13, 2018, 03:33:44 PM »
I still have an eye infection.  >:(

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14217 on: July 13, 2018, 04:54:52 PM »

Not to be like co-eye Bro's or anything, My sinuses have caused me more than usual trouble for about three days. Everything kind of is not right inside my face, but ONE FUCKING EYE is swollen and very itchy.

Almost ready to go see my doctor again.

:bigcry:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14218 on: July 13, 2018, 04:57:21 PM »

SO hot here!  My city water bill is fucking ridiculous, just trying to keep my garden plots alive. Can hardly wait to next months bill!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14219 on: July 13, 2018, 07:27:09 PM »
My latest bill was under $6 per month for the minimum of 5,000 gallons.  I believe they allow an additional 2,000 or so for watering, so I could be using slightly under 7,000 gallons.

The other $20 is for things like parks, garbage pick up, etc.

I pay $52.01 every other month.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: