Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235704 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #14190 on: July 01, 2018, 06:29:42 PM »
It's so hot and humid I feel like I'm melting
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #14191 on: July 01, 2018, 08:31:42 PM »
Another groundhog chewing on another post on my back deck and tracking mud everywhere. Wipe your filthy paws rodent, and go chew on the neighbors deck.

Yeah, you hear that, gopher?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14192 on: July 05, 2018, 08:22:13 PM »
Went out for a morning walk, when I came home I had an asthma attack. Blah.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14193 on: July 06, 2018, 09:54:42 AM »
Never-ending cycle of mouth ulcers. That's three tubes of SM33 I've been through these past few weeks and I'm starting on medicated mouthwash.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #14194 on: July 06, 2018, 11:43:48 AM »
HEY THERE CQ! welcome back!!!!!!

Its been a while since you were here. People have missed you here, myself included. Glad you are back, and I hope your ulcers clean up soon.

Have you checked with your doctor and had blood work done? with a series of unending apthous ulcers as you describe, you should do, looking in particular for eosinophilia (a large excess of eosinophils, a type of white blood cell. This is a dangerous condition. And ergo, should be ruled out to make sure you do not have it, and if you do, to find out the cause. Do NOT ignore this possibility, CQ.)

I would not wish upon you harm of any kind, so I felt it to be the rightful course of action to take to give you the warning and the knowledge of the possible danger, and how to make sure that it is not the case.

Hope your bloodwork shows no eosinophilic abnormality CQ, or for that matter any other abnormality.

And, lastly but by no means least, WELCOME BACK HOME! *offers a big hug*
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14195 on: July 07, 2018, 01:23:12 AM »
Dog's sick.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14196 on: July 07, 2018, 08:05:37 AM »
Dog's sick.

Nothing serious or expensive I hope.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14197 on: July 07, 2018, 01:37:30 PM »
Dog's sick.

The vet cost a lot but apparently it's just a stomach bug. She's on various vitamins and fluids and isn't allowed to eat anything more solid than that for the next few days.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14198 on: July 08, 2018, 08:41:48 AM »
HEY THERE CQ! welcome back!!!!!!

Its been a while since you were here. People have missed you here, myself included. Glad you are back, and I hope your ulcers clean up soon.

Have you checked with your doctor and had blood work done? with a series of unending apthous ulcers as you describe, you should do, looking in particular for eosinophilia (a large excess of eosinophils, a type of white blood cell. This is a dangerous condition. And ergo, should be ruled out to make sure you do not have it, and if you do, to find out the cause. Do NOT ignore this possibility, CQ.)

I would not wish upon you harm of any kind, so I felt it to be the rightful course of action to take to give you the warning and the knowledge of the possible danger, and how to make sure that it is not the case.

Hope your bloodwork shows no eosinophilic abnormality CQ, or for that matter any other abnormality.

And, lastly but by no means least, WELCOME BACK HOME! *offers a big hug*

Hi!

They seem triggered by stress mostly. They've been there since before my dad visited a few weeks ago (I was stressing about getting the house guest ready). Then my mum got her knee replacement done and she was in the hospital for 6 days and now I'm visiting morning and afternoon to help her out.
Then my workmate gave notice and her replacement only had three weeks training with her to learn 6 years worth of skills before she was farewelled. I've had to hold the new person's hand all the time because she's as thick as a brick and has no clue what's going on. The bosses just weren't bothered to advertise for someone with actual experience for the position so they just did the lazy thing and employed a friend of a friend. It's just so stupid that this person happens to be the most woeful candidate for the job.

My next bitch is that I need new front tyres on my car. Upon inspection yesterday the inside shoulder of the current pair have worn down to the canvas lol.
I'm only an RBT stop away from getting a defect sticker from the police. I mean, I knew I needed new tyres but I didn't realise the situation was that desperate.
I always thought the camber seemed a little off on the front wheels. Lets just hope the tyreshop monkeys can do a proper wheel alignment to see.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14199 on: July 08, 2018, 02:55:01 PM »
Well THAT was bloody annoying.....

Been doing a  vacuum distillation, using  the Venturi aspirator pump to strip some toluene off something being extracted and I went out to check on the pump, and increase the vacuum strength, only to find out the fucking vac line had  slipped and the hose was just spraying over the lawn.

And the fucking hotplate is taking forever to get up to temperature.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14200 on: July 09, 2018, 12:25:32 AM »
Hi!

They seem triggered by stress mostly. They've been there since before my dad visited a few weeks ago (I was stressing about getting the house guest ready). Then my mum got her knee replacement done and she was in the hospital for 6 days and now I'm visiting morning and afternoon to help her out.
Then my workmate gave notice and her replacement only had three weeks training with her to learn 6 years worth of skills before she was farewelled. I've had to hold the new person's hand all the time because she's as thick as a brick and has no clue what's going on. The bosses just weren't bothered to advertise for someone with actual experience for the position so they just did the lazy thing and employed a friend of a friend. It's just so stupid that this person happens to be the most woeful candidate for the job.

My next bitch is that I need new front tyres on my car. Upon inspection yesterday the inside shoulder of the current pair have worn down to the canvas lol.
I'm only an RBT stop away from getting a defect sticker from the police. I mean, I knew I needed new tyres but I didn't realise the situation was that desperate.
I always thought the camber seemed a little off on the front wheels. Lets just hope the tyreshop monkeys can do a proper wheel alignment to see.
You have a lot going on, that's for sure.

One thing you said struck me - about your mum having a knee replacement. My mum did too, about 2 and a half weeks ago. She was only in the hospital for two days. She lives out in the country so I've only been to see her once. She was limping around and didn't like to sit down.

Kind of a coincidence.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14201 on: July 09, 2018, 03:09:37 AM »
I remember having knee surgery  myself, it fucking sucked, the recovery period. Spent ages having to use crutches, after they removed some bone from inside the joint, accessed by slitting the tendon, hurt like a bugger and it put an awful lot of pressure on my wrist joints, made them, and my hands, shoulders all hurt.

And worse, the surgery didn't work, plus they left me with nerve damage meaning I have to take a really strong muscle relaxer,  thats easily able to knock me out cold, or drop my blood pressure the point I have to stand up really, really slowly (tizanidine/zanaflex)or else suffer a constant severely painful muscle spasm in my calf, from where basically one set of nerves  causes contraction, the other, relaxation, and if it can't relax after contracting the result is a really painful stiffness and spasm.

My bitch though, is one of my hotplates...worlds shittiest most irrational design for a mag-stir plate EVER. Control only over the stirring speed, and not the heat. Heat is either on or off, and its either 80 'C, or nothing. I have others though. I was  waiting AGES for the fucker to get up to temperature last night, waiting and waiting and waiting,and it never did get to the point where  the vacuum line could start causing the toluene to boil over. Going to have to do it again today.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14202 on: July 09, 2018, 04:02:06 AM »
Dog's sick.

The vet cost a lot but apparently it's just a stomach bug. She's on various vitamins and fluids and isn't allowed to eat anything more solid than that for the next few days.

She got worse yesterday evening and was admitted to the hospital this morning. :'(

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14203 on: July 09, 2018, 04:05:02 AM »
Dog's sick.
She got worse yesterday evening and was admitted to the hospital this morning. :'(
Dang, I hope they can figure out what's wrong and that she'll be ok.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14204 on: July 09, 2018, 04:05:56 AM »
Dog's sick.
Dang, I hope they can figure out what's wrong and that she'll be ok.

It's still likely that it's a stomach bug but she's also dehydrated since she can't keep anything for long. :(

- Albert Einstein