Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 233681 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #14085 on: June 17, 2018, 08:46:54 AM »
Until we switched to the generic epilepsy drug (Zonegran/Zonisimide) the cost ran between $800 and $1300 depending on the supplier.  Haven't gotten a prescription statement so I don't know how much is being saved.  She's doing well (seizure) so far.

One of her emotional drugs, Fanapt is about $700 a month.

We had to change pharmacys because her old one closed.  The new one doesn't show the consumer cost on the accompanying info label.

Her meds are cost free because of her poverty status. 

A sincere and appreciative thanks to all the US people who pay for her Social Security Disability (she qualifies on PA's account since her disability started before 25), Medicare, Medicaid and Extra Help with the prescription costs.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #14086 on: June 17, 2018, 04:19:08 PM »
Wasn't zonisamide the one the DEA kicked up a shitstorm over? Or was that lacosamide..ugh, I CBF looking it up again, after my heart kicking up a shitstorm, after I  developed a tachyarrhythmia that quite honestly, scared the piss out of me and had me in the ER. Not the best day I've had of late.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14087 on: June 17, 2018, 09:50:25 PM »
Ugh. I hate being up this early. >:(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #14088 on: June 17, 2018, 11:10:12 PM »
I can't translate what's running through my head into coherent words.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14089 on: June 17, 2018, 11:53:42 PM »
I can't translate what's running through my head into coherent words.
Oh I know that feeling all too well.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14090 on: June 18, 2018, 11:04:10 AM »
Annoyed at some people. Not much I can do about it except to vent here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14091 on: June 18, 2018, 12:14:47 PM »
Yeah I had plenty of that yesterday Renster, after I had to go to the ER with the potential heart attack.

Was hard to even speak, when that sinus tachyarrhythmia hit me. Did  go and lie down flat, and took a dose of about 75ug clonidine (decreases the release of noradrenaline), to  decrease my heart rate, which did help, whilst the ambulance was on its way, it slowed the rate of the sinus tachycardia, although of course without cardioversion of the abnormal rhythm.

Lying flat, was to compensate for any insufficiency in blood supply to the brain due to the arrhythmia causing the atria not to fill with blood and pump with enough efficiency, because definite effects of hypoxia were starting to show, in my vision, breathing laboured. I'm going to make sure to keep some aspirin in the house just in case it happens again, and of course, I will be following this up closely. I feel exhausted, after yesterday and last night, did feel better, the doctors were good enough to dose me with chlordiazepoxide (a benzdiazepine tranquilizer, not a strong one, but they were kind enough to do it, to help quell the panic, stress and utter exhaustion that the whole fucking nightmare resulted in)

And that did allow me to drift off to sleep, assisted by a couple of strong muscle relaxants I had about the house that I usually use for my leg cramps, that must have been leftover from a previous script, had three or four tizanidine tablets (works like clonidine, but far more strongly sedative and muscle relaxing), and a little more clonidine, after finding a strip of 25ug clonidine tablets tucked into the inside of my gas mask which happened to be on the lounge table), and popping 50-75ug under my tongue for rapid absorption every once in a while, to suppress the worst of the heart palpitations, and relax me some more, all in all, plus my evening dose of opiate painkillers, and the chlordiazepoxide they gave me in hospital shortly before I left (I would have stayed on any other night, but I HAD to get to the docs clinic at 8am to pick up my med refills, or else I'd have gone into opioid withdrawal from failing to take the pain meds, and the same from my anticonvulsant, and after that ordeal, such a combination would be certain to provoke it into reappearing, and quite likely worsen things, cause a seizure, or several of the above.

To say nothing of inflicting more stress than I wanted heaping on the humongous pile already upon my plate. I've taken today off my work as a chemist, just eating, drinking a lot of fluid, will make a doc  appt tomorrow or if I can't get one, then at the earliest opportunity.  I need to know if this was  a fluke, or if it is something ugly trying to rear its head. So I had to leave the hospital, although the tachycardia and palpitations were still present, the severity had lessened, and I was just waiting for blood work results. But if I didn't leave when I did, I'd not have been able to get back home or into the house even if I walked  it, which am about as sure as I can be, that I couldn't have managed, and  if so, not safely. And to boot, my bad leg felt like  a hot lump of lead, dragging and stumping as I walked, with difficulty standing. So a journey that took about 20 minutes in an ambulance, that would have taken me hours, if I managed it at all. And I didn't fancy having to climb in through the kitchen window over a rack of knives :P

All in all, yesterday was not my day. Although back on my regular medication, I do feel much, much better, especially after, while I wouldn't use them so usually, I took a strong, strong sleeping pill during the day, almost immediately after receiving my script, and slept during the day until star trek came on, reading some lovecraftian horror whilst I waited for the sleeping pill, the antiseizure med (which itself is a pretty damned effective drug for sedation in and of itself.) and the rapid onset of the shortec capsules (oxycodone IR), together with the muscle relaxer and adrenolytics, they all came together to do their respective things, and together, that actually served as a combination that all in all, squash stress and overloading like so many gnats.

The mental sigh of relief, I'm surprised you didn't hear it over in oz, Ren!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #14092 on: June 18, 2018, 05:13:53 PM »
Glad your feeling a little better Lestat.

Both my dad and the kid dealt with WPW syndrome, so they dealt with that a lot.

If they added any new meds double check the side effects, sometimes it's just a common side effect of certain medications. If it happens again sometimes dipping your face in ice water helps slow it down a little, and eases the panic it causes.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #14093 on: June 18, 2018, 06:06:25 PM »
Shower valve issues, turned out to be a piece of solder stuck in the valve
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14094 on: June 18, 2018, 07:13:22 PM »
Wolf-Parkinson-White, I presume? that must suck dog schlong.

Yeah, I'm feeling much better now, thanks, a few ectopic beats at times, but the sinus tachyarrhythmia has subsided, for now at least. I'll be following it up alright, but hopefully it won't surface again.

I actually have a suspect cause, although the ambulance and ER techs didn't figure it out, and neither did I whilst I was in hospital. Chinchonism, I did I believe, intake some quinine, its used for RLS, used to have as script for it but ditched it because it didn't help efficiently enough. And that would be textbook for severe quinine poisoning. Quinine is less prone to it than its isomer, quinidine, the latter is an anti-arrhythmic agent, class 1a in the Vaughn-Williams system, and either of them can cause it, although quinidine would be the better of the two to use if hypothetically one person was wishing to cause an arrhythmia in another. Although at least with quinidine it causes prolongation of the Q-T wave complex, not sure if quinine itself causes long QT though. But it would sure fit the bill.

And I'm not sure but I could have been exposed transdermally whilst asleep to high levels of nicotine, up to a bit under 40mg at most, assuming 100% absorption (lethal dose is between 40-60mg in an adult, although much less will make you pretty sick, although I've been poisoned by nicotine before, and this was different.)

(the poisoning was due to excess nicotine intake through gum when I was trying to cut down whilst in my spazz boarding school, because getting caught constantly was a nuisance. I've an E-cig,and the tank has glass walls with metal ribbing for support, and several of the glass panes have cracked. I need to give it some of a less brittle glue than the cyanoacrylate (superglue) that I've been using to patch it up, as I don't want to ditch the tank, as mine is 2ml or 3ml, and there have been some totally moronic overregulation by the filthy bitch theresa may limiting tanks to 1ml now by law. And I noticed the tank had totally drained, whilst I slept. Nicotine is very easily absorbed through the skin.

But thanks IQ hun, I have been taking it easy, went to pick my meds up but otherwise have been lazing around on the sofa. I do feel a lot better though now I've picked up my med refill. Fucking locum doctor fucked me too, I'm SUPPOSED to be able to get rescue packs for my seizure med on an ad-hoc basis, so I have an additional quantity of the stuff, that is so I can take a dose when a seizure threatens or if needs be, and I've entered a full on atonic, paralytic attack, have my old man stick a couple in my mouth. This has been arranged in advance and been done for a while, but the fucking locum doctor refused to give me one, saying i've had it too often, ignoring the fact that the packs contain 12-14 capsules per bottle of the rescue pack, one bottle per, and that is enough for dealing with six incidents, well, five to six, seven if its mild and I catch it right away, but they come in waves, I'll go for a while without either the atonic or myoclonic seizure, and if one happens then at least the rest of the day its dangerous for me to sleep. The attacks are highly connected with sleep, almost always happening when coming out of sleep. And if I go back to sleep again then I'll still be prone to another one, when one happens more want to follow it.

And too often? it had been at LEAST two entire months since I had the last one, he was just being a cunt basically, because the seizure med COULD be used as a recreational drug. But if I wanted to do that with chlormethiazole, I could simply make it, I've made it, and analogs of it before, simple cleavage of thiamine (vitamin B1) with metabisulfite or bisulfite, forming a methylated thiazole-2-ethanol precursor, and a convulsant poison (a vitamin B6 antagonist in action, which blocks GABA biosynthesis), called toxopyrimidine, due to its being A-toxic and B-a pyrimidine chemically.

The toxic fraction is highly soluble in water, whilst in cold water the methylthiazole-2-ethanol precipitates out, and is washed and recrystallized to free it from toxopyrimidine. And to be thorough of course, one can always subject the methylthiazole-2-ethanol to fractional distillation under vacuum.

This thiazole compound is then reacted with thionyl chloride, and any excess SOCl2 removed either by distillation and recovery if there is enough to make it worthwhile, otherwise, simply add methanol, the SOCl2 excess will react to form methyl chloride, which is a volatile, somewhat toxic gas (its carcinogenic/mutagenic), which can simply be boiled out under vacuum, with argon sparging to remove any last traces, from the final product. The synthesis precursor SOCl2 is hard to get for most people, but it can be extracted from lithium-thionyl chloride cell batteries and distilled to purify it, so chlormethiazole if I wanted it for recreational use could me made as simple as vitamins, solvents, batteries and beer/wine making store supplies, although I'd just buy the SOCl2 from my suppliers. Or else, phosphorus trichloride could be used instead, and that made by chlorinating a suspension of phosphorus in an inert solvent like chloroform, then distilled to purify it, or from a solvent solution of white phosphorus too most likely, and I've got kilograms of red phosphorus, so not like I'm in any great shortage of elemental phosphorus.

So not worth my time to try and blag doctors for it if I did want to do that. I'd just whip myself up a batch. Only annoying step is the purification of the final product, although extraction of the freebase into dichloromethane and vacuum distillation does the job perfectly.

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #14095 on: June 18, 2018, 09:42:07 PM »
I think I know what caused that fake heart attack, a sudden rush of intense anxiety of the sudden realisation that you are fucking yourself up. If it were a real one, you'd be dead and be freed from yourself for good and the need to be here.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #14096 on: June 18, 2018, 09:52:59 PM »
I think I know what caused that fake heart attack, a sudden rush of intense anxiety of the sudden realisation that you are fucking yourself up. If it were a real one, you'd be dead and be freed from yourself for good and the need to be here.

All that would be necessary to give YOU a heart attack, is for you to see who your REAL father is, not the guy who your rectum-lapping ball of fat felon slut mother TOLD you who your daddy was!!

You Playboy-scum-on-top know these facts are TRUE!!!

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #14097 on: June 19, 2018, 12:26:45 AM »

Seriously, though. Chill the fuck out, please maybe alright? or at least keep your weird three-way bile spew contest contained to one place. I can't even tell if you're serious or not, but it was easier to deal with when it was contained to mdagli1's self-hatred threads. Now it's spreading all over the place.  >:(
:gopher:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14098 on: June 19, 2018, 08:32:30 AM »

Seriously, though. Chill the fuck out, please maybe alright? or at least keep your weird three-way bile spew contest contained to one place. I can't even tell if you're serious or not, but it was easier to deal with when it was contained to mdagli1's self-hatred threads. Now it's spreading all over the place.  >:(

A good reason to visit the Good Clean Humour thread.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #14099 on: June 19, 2018, 11:41:01 AM »
Heh, I poisoned a shit hole with radiation. Now it decomposing and producing lots of hot air. Try digging out of this. It's alive!