Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 217408 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #13875 on: February 01, 2018, 12:44:41 AM »
Wasn't visible here, I think. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13876 on: February 01, 2018, 01:39:36 AM »
Yeah no sign of it here either. A bit of a bugger since this wasn't just a normal blood moon, but a blue-blood supermoon combined with a lunar eclipse, with the moon at its perigee (closest point in its orbit that it ever comes towards earth), and we aren't likely to be around for the next one, since the last one was in 1866.

A lot of the northern hemisphere wasn't in the right place unfortunately, western europe etc. to see much if anything. Pretty gay really, considering a fuckton of people weren't able to see much.

And another bitch.

Today/tonight seems to be seizure central. Enough so I'm running low on my meds, I still have some, but if it goes on like today then it isn't going to be pretty. I'm damn glad the doctors forgot about that long acting strong benzo script I requested a while ago (I asked them specifically for short-term, but they moved it to repeat), so in an emergency I can use that.

Its been bad enough today, in the sense that these have been harder than usual to deal with, that in case of another atonic attack where I can barely move, and its almost impossible if I get no warning to reach across to the table close by and grab the chlormethiazole I usually use for it. Its a bit iffy to store the stuff, and I'm keeping that away from the computer, don't want the bottle falling on its side either, in case the capsules start burning through the plastic (yeah, its funny stuff alright, chlormethiazole eats plastic and has to be stored in glass bottles, even leaving the capsules in contact with plastics, enough vapor diffuses through the walls of the things to dissolve or etch plastic surfaces in contact with them, or just plain fuses the two together.

So for tonight, I'm sleeping with a box of nitrazepam tablets by my side, on the sofa right next to my hand in case I have another attack. Thats the third today/tonight. Possibly the fourth. I don't want to go to sleep tonight, because I'm scared it'll happen again. Or repeatedly, with me having a seizure, dealing with it, then the meds plus post-ictal state (it leaves me exhausted) putting me back to sleep, where I'll be most vulnerable and where its most likely to happen again.

Right now I feel like a tube of fucking meat thats only function is to put things in one end and have them come out in a much more unpleasant, brown and stinking form from the other, and be miserable in the bloody middle. This is really, really, really fucking gay. Total stinker of a night/day. Fucking bollocks it, since its about half 7 am I'm not going to sleep. Just going to stay awake and play fallout tactics. Because This.Fucking.Stinks.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13877 on: February 04, 2018, 06:48:28 AM »
I tried to put my rim protectors on the car today. Jacked up the front right wheel at first, completely deflated the thing.
The rim protectors wouldn't go in all the way between the rim and the tyre bead despite my endless rubber mallet hammering.
And to make matters worse I decided they fitted like shit and I wanted them off, only it turned out they're impossible to pull off again.
Now I have one wheel with a red ring around it and three normal wheels, and I need to visit a tyre shop and see if they can get them off by removing the tyre (or have more success than me and put the other three protectors on).

"Alloygators" Dunno why I bought them in the first place :thumbdn:. I just hope the tyre shop can get them off undamaged so I can flog them off on FB or something.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13878 on: February 05, 2018, 09:58:41 PM »
I tried to put my rim protectors on the car today. Jacked up the front right wheel at first, completely deflated the thing.
The rim protectors wouldn't go in all the way between the rim and the tyre bead despite my endless rubber mallet hammering.
And to make matters worse I decided they fitted like shit and I wanted them off, only it turned out they're impossible to pull off again.
Now I have one wheel with a red ring around it and three normal wheels, and I need to visit a tyre shop and see if they can get them off by removing the tyre (or have more success than me and put the other three protectors on).

"Alloygators" Dunno why I bought them in the first place :thumbdn:. I just hope the tyre shop can get them off undamaged so I can flog them off on FB or something.
The tyre shop should be able to do it no worries. I used to have rim protectors on my car. They were the factory ones and I thought they looked horrible. So I bought mags from a Bridgestone shop I think. That was when I was working, so I could afford them.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13879 on: February 06, 2018, 12:11:02 AM »
So THATS what they mean when people say 'I want a rim job' then!
And to think I thought that..........:autism:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13880 on: February 07, 2018, 05:41:50 AM »
I'd love some aftermarket 22" wheels. Some nice spokey looking concave ones, none of that chrome stuff (polished silver is ok though)

The rim protector came off ok and the tyre shop manager was ogling my car. Said I needed new tyres on the front, so I just told him to send me some quotes but I haven't heard from him since. Maybe he finally remembered me from last time I asked for quotes :zoinks:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13881 on: February 07, 2018, 05:54:57 AM »
New tyres already? Well... I guess it has been a while.

My quick bitch is that I have a sore right shoulder.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13882 on: February 07, 2018, 06:23:22 AM »
Oh yes, the original two rear tyres only lasted 20,000km and the other two were replaced in October sometime at 40,000km.
The first pair I got are now on the front and the newest ones are on the rear.
I should have rotated them more regularly for more life out of them, but they wore so quickly that by the time 10,000km had been done it was to late to bother.
Now I have wider tyres on the rear so I can't rotate them anyway.
Indeed, the performance tyres needed for this car of mine don't have the best tread wear rating LOL.

I'm ignoring him anyway, the tyres should be good for a few more months surely.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13883 on: February 07, 2018, 05:32:05 PM »
Snow then sleet now rain  since morning
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13884 on: February 07, 2018, 10:10:04 PM »
Why, what did you do charlotte? what did you DO to that last mechanic? did you leave them in a gibbering chewed up and spat out heap or something, like I did to that really really offensive locum doctor that told me to 'go and have a seizure', along with (without witnesses) admitting to malpactice just to get me out of the door faster.

*offers ren a hug, a back rub, tube of antiinflammatory gel and some painkillers* and offers to do heat-pack duty :)

Hope you feel better soon renster.

My arm has been aching of late, right arm, past the elbow towards the shoulder end, as it happens, too. And so has my left lower leg, around the calf. Little bollock that its being.

*goes to prep a morphine+oxy shot, and offers one to ren too*  :)

Also, buggering little shitbag (no, not you renster), my finger. After a seizure, during which I ended up smashing the TV and it coming down on me, it (I think thats what did it at least, I think I might have gotten knocked out when my head hit the deck). Thankfully it was a flatscreen, rather than a CRT so it didn't smash my skull open or break my legs or leave me with a fuckload of glass in me, had to pay for a replacement though. Although it was gonna be £120, but my old man said just pay 100, got it cheaper.)

Thankfully though it was me it hit, rather than the flask in the crate in front, although I've moved it now. If that had broken, it would have cost me dearly. About £90-something ex shipping, although thankfully the chinese are masters of understatement, when it comes to trading in chemicals and laboratory glassware, they don't even need asking a lot of the time; they just value things below the tax threshold as a service to their customers. Recently a piece of glass valued at over £50...they valued at just over one dollar for import purposes haha. (that isn't  a bitch mind you, I'm sure as hell not complaining, and they can hardly call ME guilty of anything if the sellers did it of their own accord, voluntarily can they now?

But ugh the TV, and I had a slice torn off my finger, shallow, about BB size but its on the inside of a finger, towards the side of another one. Inconvenient as fuck because it keeps rubbing against the uninjured other finger's side and its slow to heal, and sore, grazes hurt more than they should. Annoying little fucker. Although I do have a mixture of a local anaesthetic, with an antiseptic (clove oil, has some antiseptic properties too, although might consider altering the mix to include tea-tree essential oil, perhaps a couple of percent of phenol) and gelling agents. So I've been using that to both help it stay clean and help it heal, as well as stop it being painful if it catches on something, or rubs on my finger.

Just glad that it wasn't that new flask though, that'd have been a real cunt to replace, expensive as fuck. Although I need another one anyway, for doing large distillations where a lot of solvent needs to be stripped under vacuum etc. as well as recycling solvents via distillation, drying and redistillation, and for doing large-scale reactions themselves. Could do with another big one like that though for a big receiver. Might even get myself a ten liter or twenty liter RBF pair, although that'd be really expensive, especially for a pair, but I want some big ones that are fully round bottomed rather than having a slightly flat one, so I can put them under more than hand-pump or venturi pump level, for distillations needing hard vacuum, like say, stripping DMSO, DMF and hexamethylphosphoramide (aka 'liquid cancer'...ick!), all useful polar, aprotic solvents that take significantly strong base to deprotonate, like hydrides, butyllithium, maybe titanium isopropoxide or aluminium isopropoxide or tert-butoxide, but they are all of them a pain in the ASS, because of the high boiling point that necessitates the use of heavy duty vacuum equipment to pull them over into the receiver flask. And the big one I recently bought, the flattening means it would probably implode. Not something I'd want to be near. ESPECIALLY not if it had DMSO or hexamethylphosporamide in them. DMSO isn't toxic itself, but it has a rather alarming property of going straight through the skin, carrying whatever is dissolved in it with it. And you don't want that to be corrosives or poisons, it would just spread through the body and start burning you alive from the inside out. And HMPA, is pretty carcinogenic stuff.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13885 on: February 08, 2018, 08:45:41 AM »
I think you should see someone - maybe a neurologist? - about getting your seizures under control. I'm pretty sure there's better and more effective meds to take for them. Queen Victoria is probably the best person here to talk to about them as the PR has epilepsy.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13886 on: February 10, 2018, 07:16:45 AM »
This is stupid but I can't find my pj pants anywhere. I have three pairs and they have disappeared.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #13887 on: February 10, 2018, 07:30:24 AM »
Ed Sheeran style music needs to die. Why is that style of music so popular? It’s almost as bad as country music.
:dog:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13888 on: February 10, 2018, 10:03:45 AM »
Thanks, Ren, m'ilady.

The stuff I'm taking IS effective at controlling them, Its just that breakthrough ones do happen at times. More than anything, it ISN'T random, of that I am sure. There are days when I have no fear of a breakthrough one (I.e needing the 'rescue pack', same med, less of them, so if one does break-through and try to happen I can step on it without fear of having to dip in to what I take daily, after a doctor finally saw sense in my not being forced to either not respond whatsoever, or to take to stop the breakthrough, what I SHOULD be taking daily to stop them ever starting.)

And one other problem is that whilst potent and can gate open GABAa chloride channels (chlormethiazole is more like a barbiturate than a benzo, benzos need GABA to be bound to the receptor, and enhance the response to GABA, the natural ligand found in the nervous system, whilst barbs can ignore the presence or absence of GABA on a receptor and open up the chloride channel whether or not GABA itself is bound or even present. In a petri dish scenario, you'd get a cell passing chloride current with a barb or barbiturate-site agonist whether or not the researcher had excluded the presence of GABA in the fluid supplying nutrients, glucose etc. oxygen to the cell, with a benzo, it just wouldn't be possible without GABA itself)

(although there IS a difference between barbiturates and chlormethiazole, in that the former block AMPA type glutamate receptors, producing additional inhibitory effects (glutamate has excitatory effects and is heavily involved in seizures of many kinds. That said, AMPAr blockade is in essense a reverse nootropic-it'll make you thick as shit and do one on your memory function, which to me, is NOT acceptable)

I also, by means of oversight on the part of the dr surgery, have a benzo on repeat, ostensibly for twice daily dosing of nitrazepam, although I don't., rather, I use a lot more, a lot lot less often, maybe twice a week at most, unless seizure forces me to take it more than twice), to avoid a physical dependency on the stuff. Anyone that has been through both pretty much says they'd take a hundred or more cold turkey hardcore heroin withdrawals over even mild benzo WD. and I know what benzo WD is like, on the milder end of the scale when I told a GP that I no longer needed or wanted to be on low-dose lorazepam/ativan that I was taking at the time on her rx. I ended up having a grand-mal tonic-clonic right there in front of her whilst trying to explain I wanted tapering off completely. And benzo WD is, unlike opioid withdrawal (barring in the latter case exceptional circumstances), potentially fatal. So, really its something I don't want to ever have happen to me and need to deal with.

Still, its there. And when the seizure shit hits me, its unpredictable-sort of. I get a warning of sorts before an individual event, and some days, are prone to it, where they will hit me in trains.

I AM meant to see a neurologist. I am simply waiting for an appointment. It wouldn't be the first though. The last one, said 'nothing wrong with you', after the first I saw, about something COMPLETELY different, involving a muscular twitch, and not a seizure, assumed the two were about the same thing, barely even spoke to me and I was in and out the door without any testing or anything else other than spoken word being done. And it wasn't me that got to give any explanation, either. That guy was a cunt IMO. Ignorant as shit, to deny a patient their say, whether or not they ACT on it, to deny it altogether is just stupid as shit.

I'm hoping that wasn't the appointment I was/am supposed to be waiting for. I want to know WHY this shit triggers. I already know it DOES, so surely, wanting to know WHY and wanting the doctor interpreting results to be both competent and to listen to a patient, and spend more than a sentence or two saying, based on antiquated results from a test for something else altogether that there is fuck all wrong with someone... isn't particularly unreasonable.

If there WAS nothing wrong, I'd not have just had to replace a >£100 TV, and nearly a 5-liter, 4-necked flask that cost around £90 itself (which thank fuck wasn't damaged, just, presumably at least, a neck punching a hole into the old TV screen)

That, to me, doesn't mean 'everything is just fine'

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13889 on: February 10, 2018, 09:21:55 PM »
It sure doesn't mean that to me either. That's very serious indeed. In the past you've not only damaged property but also yourself and that matters most.

Maybe you need to see if your GP can push you along in the queue a bit, make sure you're seen by a neurologist, not ignored.
Tek'ma'tae