Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 217418 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #13635 on: October 08, 2017, 07:23:52 AM »
I see. If other co-workers will be attending as well then it makes more sense.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13636 on: October 08, 2017, 09:33:15 AM »
Depends on the company if things like that are expected. Notice that where I work it happens for me for random reasons, when people go and visit funerals of relatives of co-workers or not. Distance is a factor I do recognise as a reason why some funerals are not attended.

Company where I work does have a close knit core.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13637 on: October 08, 2017, 10:27:34 AM »
Twilight marathon and repeats all this weekend.   :puke:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13638 on: October 08, 2017, 11:27:48 AM »
Poor you.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13639 on: October 08, 2017, 03:44:44 PM »
More things out of town to attend.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13640 on: October 09, 2017, 05:04:26 AM »
The boss's family? no obligation there. And if they don't see it that way, just make up some excuse. You shouldn't be expected to attend a funeral of some relative of a worker you've never even met. And they certainly aren't going to be able to fire you for not going.  Thats just a waste of your time.

And raxy-better to use software than rely on reflexes, that way you can get the bid in faster using a script to do it than its possible to do manually with the time taken for a page to load. And you don't need to be there in person in order to bid, you just set the software and wait. You CAN lose one but I never, ever have when using a bid-sniper program.

Lol quite a large proportion of my lab glass and no small amount of my chemical supplies were gotten that way. The only problem I've ever had was with one item, and that because the seller listed something that was in fact, a cruet set not lab glassware, and for the price of the thing it wasn't worth returning. It'll never get used but paying postage to return it would have been pointless.

(if anybody here wants/needs a cruet set, btw I'd be glad to sell it for the price I paid, plus shipping, its absolutely bollocks all use to me, I don't even eat vegetables, so all its ever going to do is sit on a shelf and be ignored unless I can either sell it to somebody or trade it for something that is actually of use to me in some way. I've no use whatsoever for this buggering thing, sodding ebay seller listed it as a reaction vessel and their pic of it was crap. Its basically a glass cylinder with two separate compartments, one for salad oil and one for pouring vinegar, with a spout for each, one on each side.)

Any takers? its very unlikely to be borosilicate glass so I can't even use an angle-grinder or diamond saw to slice the top off it and reincarnate it as a beaker. £15 if anybodys interested (plus shipping, doesn't weigh  much so the shipping shouldn't be very much. I'll include it in the total if it means I can recoup my losses)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13641 on: October 09, 2017, 05:06:29 AM »
Twilight? bleergh...QV you should get her some trek videos to watch, she'll never want to see another limp-wristed sparkling vegetarian 'vampire' again given a few voyager DVDs :P

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13642 on: October 09, 2017, 05:58:24 AM »
I kind of want to go. The other boss guys is going to be a howling mess though. He's not taking it well, even though his mum had been declining for a long while so it's not like it was sudden and unexpected (plus she was 88, not a bad innings). Nevermind. Not my place to judge other people's death reactions.
Things were odd in the office today. It was like, a few people knew she died but nobody talked about it, so it was impossible to tell who else knew and who didn't yet.
Othe boss man told crush boi he wanted to keep it private for the moment so I couldn't go and approach anyone about it in case they first heard it from me and hence went against his wishes :P

Stoopid death related social etiquette!

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13643 on: October 09, 2017, 06:55:13 AM »
Sounds like, if he is a howling mess he can take what he gets, people will turn up and you are unlikely to be specifically noticed not to be one of them, since he'll be too busy being a trainwreck. And worst comes to worst, you had the flu, your cat/dog/mother/father/grandparent/goldfish/nonexistent friend got sick, and the living sick take priority over the dead. Simple.

Another quick bitch... I can smell a sour, metallic, nasty smell hanging around. I know what it is, its from heating something the other night with a slurry of fine, fine iron powder in glacial acetic acid  along with a smaller amount of hydrochloric acid, leftover from incubating a mix of concentrated hydrochloric and iron dust to prepare some ferric chloride, after I realized, after starting my reaction, that I was out of FeCl3 [I'll need to buy more, a minor inconvenience at worst, since I'll have to wait for it to actually arrive after ordering/paying for it, as afaik there are no electronics stores that have it within walking distance and if any within public transport range I don't know where they are-its used as an etchant for printed circuit boards

(glacial acetic acid is the term used for very concentrated acetic acid, the same stuff that gives vinegar its sourness and odor, only rather than a 5% or less solution of AcOH its, at least the stuff I have, as close to 100% as its possible to get practically, the 'glacial' bit comes from the fact that it freezes at what would be called a pretty uncomfortably cold, but still room-temperature point to a clear, ice-looking crystalline solid, and it smells like vinegar on a near-terminal overdose of anabolic steroids, acrid and sour and very much like vinegar). the leftovers, a black, vile looking sludge left behind in the filter funnel smell terrible. Even with the flask and attached Buchner funnel holding the filtered-out slops in the kitchen I can not only smell it, but taste it in the air. A bitter/sour acrid and pungent odor and taste; even with the door closed I can still detect the stink and taste in the back of my throat from the next room, and for some reason the fainter it gets the worse it is. Paradoxically, the more subtle the smell/taste the fouler it seems to get.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13644 on: October 09, 2017, 10:36:21 AM »
Twilight? bleergh...QV you should get her some trek videos to watch, she'll never want to see another limp-wristed sparkling vegetarian 'vampire' again given a few voyager DVDs :P

I'd rather that she watch Buffy or Angel. 

I don't care for the Star Trek movies since I teethed on the TV series when it came out.  I still miss DeForrest Kelly.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13645 on: October 09, 2017, 03:28:22 PM »
Yeah at least they were acceptable watching. Twilight is a festering boil on the swollen, pus-dripping infected anal sphincter of television broadcasting that ought to be lanced with as much speed as possible. Ideally with a .50 Barrett from a few feet away and blown, in pieces, back to whatever foul,rancid abyss it was first vomited from.

I didn't mean the movies specifically, re. trek. Any and all of it is good. Although IMO DS9 kinda sucks arse. And yeah, agreed, bones was one of my favourite characters in TOS, although spock is more so. And scotty was always pretty funny.  I too grew up on a diet of star trek. And it reminds me of my ex fiancee (younger of the two of them, my soulmate, the girl I've missed like a lopped off bodypart for something close to 14-15 years. ) because she was one HELL of a trekker. Wrote fanfic, read some of it, although the HD it was on failed and I haven't anything to remember her by anymore, bar memories themselves, which will, I know, never, ever fade. Although even if I did have them I doubt I could post them without possibly violating the TOS of our host, they were....well....lets just say that at just into 14yo, she shouldn't even have known the WORDS to describe the things she wrote about in it. God damn...hell she shouldn't have known what those acts were, and it wasn't ME that taught HER, she'd been writing it since before I ever turned around, saw her, and found myself slammed into a tree with her tongue down my throat (for an classically autistic girl, you'd expect shy, especially at just about 14, no? well not my ex fiancee. I don't think 'shy' was a word she even knew, and if she did she certainly was not it, the love of my life, of all the many things she was, she, was NOT one of them. Not for a picosecond. If I'd tried (or for that matter had either the time or the inclination) to put up any resistance she'd probably have cooked me before she had me for her breakfast. And used a knife, fork and spoon. Possibly a melon baller knowing her.

But the trek fanfic she wrote...bloody christ. Her mind wasn't just IN the gutter, but had seemingly by means unbeknownst to me and at a time likewise, obtained one of those large rotary diamond-cutter drilling machines used in mining and for boring railway tunnels through cliffs and used it to burrow so far through and past the gutter in the UK that she hadn't far to go before getting close enough to the earth's core to make it hotter and turn the molten iron-nickel alloy down there into boiling vapor. Every bit of it she ever gave me the privilege of reading was the filthiest, dirtiest most kinky fucking shit I've ever seen. And I've read some pretty damn dirty things in my time. My ex's trek fanfic topped pretty much all of it. Some of the things she had going on between deanna troi and riker, are quite indescribable. (she seemed to have a 'thing' for troi too, which was kinda hawt. Not sure I'd have gone with a threesome with her and another girl, if she'd suggested it (well I say 'suggested' but with her, there really isn't very much in the way of suggestion. It tended to be more a case of 'this is going to happen, and your going to do it to me'. Chances are, if I hadn't, not that I ever wouldn't have wanted to in the first place, she'd have started looking for another tree :autism:. Question is why, wouldn't I have gone for a threesome? because I wouldn't share her with anybody for anything. Hell no. Just give away half of my SOUL to somebody other than the rightful co-owner?? AFAIK souls aren't really the sort of thing you just give away in pieces to people casually :P)

Pure, unmitigated , although well-written and definitely pretty damn hot FILTH was her speciality with trek fanfic. Particularly with deanna troi. Kinky bugger to be fucking sure :autism:

God...makes me remember more than ever, how much I miss her still, thinking back on her kinky trek fan-fic. Mad kinky classically autie girl, drop-dead sexy as hell and far from shy and retiring, she was a bloody rampaging tigress in soul, smart in mind and in body...well you could well nigh cook a roast beef dinner with all the trimmings with no more than a glance of her eyes, 'nuff said.

Even manages to sooth greatly the memory of the awful night I ate stinkhorn fungus egg stages and got sick as a dog as a result. I stayed up all night, reading a start trek encyclopaedia to occupy myself, because there was no way I could sleep, and being at my grandmother's, I couldn't get out of bed and head to the lab to occupy myself, only feel shitty and read. I was reading that trek book, and before that awful day me and my love parted our ways, she'd wanted to borrow that same book from me, and I wouldn't lend it to her, rather, I told her I wanted her to have it, I'm definitely a trekker alright, but she is even more so and I knew that gifting it her would bring her happiness, so I did. I should think she still has it to this very day; and hope that it is still bringing her joy and putting that pretty, sweet wee grin on that pretty face of hers. The mental association between that awful night, and her happiness, linked by the book shared between the two memories, one rotten, one good, makes even that rotten night of retching and throwing up and the rampant shits better because its also linked in an abstract sort of way with the love of my life being brought pleasure.

I wonder, she could be reading it this very moment, that wonderful smile spreading over her face. Makes me think of us lying on her bed, reading it together all snuggled up :) (after all, I couldn't very well let her get cold now, could I. Wouldn't have been gentlemanly of me. And she was far too much of a sweetie to let me get all shivery either :autism:), naughty autie that she is, and one special speshul girl.

Fuck, I miss her so much. I'd do almost anything to have another chance with her.

I bet by now, if we'd have kept together as we were meant to, that I'd have had not just wife, but lab partner too.  That would have been so amazing, being arm in arm with her, one of us calibrating the hotplate/stirrers, plugging in the coolant flow lines to the condensers, greasing up the glassware joints whilst the other turning on the water pumps, readying the vacuum lines and starting not my projects, but OUR projects, together. Probably retiring every now and then to a safe distance to take off our gas masks, flip our blast-shields up over our heads and goggles out of the way to make out, before returning them to position and getting back to our latest inventions. To have a loved one as lab partner would be my idea of heaven. Especially a Kanner's cutie with a distinctly predatory outlook and not just a body, but an every last little tiny thing, to damn well die for.

A lover AND lab partner, that'd be heaven. And I just bet it'd have happened too, had we never parted. Makes everything ache inside just to think about it. I've never lost anything so dear to me in my life, not even the two times I've had to rebuild my entire lab from scratch after the filth destroyed two incarnations of it. Not even that. And coming from me, well you can probably figure out how much someone would have to mean to me for me to even THINK that let alone speak of it:(

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13646 on: October 12, 2017, 11:31:20 AM »
I have to call people to remind them to pay their bills today :thumbdn:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13647 on: October 13, 2017, 10:13:21 PM »
Wacom's driver programmers are trained chimps on typewriters without any ink.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13648 on: October 14, 2017, 02:17:34 AM »
Wacom's driver programmers are trained chimps on typewriters without any ink.

:laugh:

That good?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13649 on: October 23, 2017, 03:57:28 AM »
A while back, found a flask containing some 1-phenyl-2-nitropropane, the result of borohydride reduction of the double bond of P2NP (the equivalent nitropropene, made via knoevanagel condensation between benzaldehyde and nitroethane with a base catalyst, preferably a primary amine acetate salt) and it was somewhat old and I had NO idea how much P2NPane was present, so an excessive quantity of iron was used to make sure of thorough reduction of the nitro group to the amine (amphetamine).

Fuck, there must have been far less than thought because my yield was MISERABLE in the extreme. I got back what might about be a single dose of amphetamine hydrochloride. Thankfully there is a new batch of P2NP crystallizing and just needs some methanol distilling off, after a microwave-catalyzed synthesis (I LOVE the microwave for this reaction, its beyond excellent, produces a cleaner, purer better quality P2NP, and whats more, usually a steam bath is used to heat the flask, and it takes about 6 hours. With the microwave, total irradiation time can be cut to a mere 20 minutes. Just need to pulse the MW irradiation, have a (non-metal filled) thermometer to monitor temperature and a small plug of kitchen roll inserted into the flask neck, this serves to stop any phenylnitropropene vapor escaping, because its quite irritating, like teargasl

This time, there should be several hundred grams to work with rather than an unknowable amount.
Plus there is 30g of phenylacetone, intended for the slightly unusual N-ethylamphetamine.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:59:29 AM by Lestat »