Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232935 times)

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #13500 on: September 24, 2017, 12:03:56 PM »
The PR's allergies have transmuted to me.  Tickle in my throat, sore feeling in the roof of my mouth and a bit of a cough.  Well, it's to be expected since we're related.
Isn't it more likely you caught her cold?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13501 on: September 24, 2017, 03:10:00 PM »
The PR's allergies have transmuted to me.  Tickle in my throat, sore feeling in the roof of my mouth and a bit of a cough.  Well, it's to be expected since we're related.
Isn't it more likely you caught her cold?

Seasonal llergies and colds quite often can't be distinguished.  Since it never went into leaky sinus congestion, mild fever and coughing I assigned it to the allergy room.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13502 on: September 25, 2017, 04:26:51 AM »
My two new pairs of glasses came today and I needed to adjust them under hot water as they were too loose on my head. Lets just say the lenses in one of the pairs don't do too well in hot water and they went all cloudy and hologramed LOL. I wonder why it didn't happen to the lenses in the cheaper pair (from a different online shop). Oh well, at least the frames fit now.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13503 on: September 25, 2017, 06:21:55 AM »
Did the glasses unclouded again? Or have they become useless?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13504 on: September 25, 2017, 07:24:21 AM »
The left lense in one pair a ruined I think. The prescription seems wrong anyway, these are causing me serious headaches, so I'm thinking I might get my eyes re-tested and try again :-\. Perhaps my pupil distance measurement was off, I dunno.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13505 on: September 25, 2017, 07:29:16 AM »
The left lense in one pair a ruined I think. The prescription seems wrong anyway, these are causing me serious headaches, so I'm thinking I might get my eyes re-tested and try again :-\. Perhaps my pupil distance measurement was off, I dunno.
Can you send them back and ask for a refund?

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13506 on: September 25, 2017, 08:38:22 AM »
If the prescription is wrong it's not their fault so I can't send them back, the eye test was done at the optometrist and then I used the script to order glasses with lenses online.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13507 on: September 25, 2017, 09:56:59 AM »
If the prescription is wrong it's not their fault so I can't send them back, the eye test was done at the optometrist and then I used the script to order glasses with lenses online.
Glasses getting clouded would seem a reason tp me to send them back too.
And maybe prescription was right but they made a mistake.

Hope it gets sorted soon. Glasses are not the cheapest things in life. They'd better be good for the price you pay.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:38:57 AM by 'andersom' »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13508 on: September 25, 2017, 12:23:12 PM »
I always get the prescription and the glasses from the same place, for this very reason. I'm not going to pay if somebody fucks things up.

Hope you can sort it out.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13509 on: September 25, 2017, 02:13:15 PM »
Yep, had mine messed up too many times. Miss the days when we had the lens factory all the local opticians used in town. I knew all the employees. They never messed up and I got a serious discount.

Sounds like you messed up the anti-reflective coating, some will do the same if you forget and leave them in a hot car.   

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13510 on: September 25, 2017, 09:01:19 PM »
The script being wrong is one thing, but if the lenses themselves are physically faulty, then that IS the fault of the manufacturer. Send them back and take no shit.

I need to get glasses now. Apparently the physical damage to my cornea is healed, and there are no adhesions between the eyelids and the eyeball, no corrosion of the ocular muscles, or any residues of the melting of the white area of my eyeball, so I'm ready for corrective glasses to help with my vision now things have stabilized. Hopefully that means no more of those awful fucking damned slit-lamp examinations whilst they KNOW I'm photosensitive to begin with, and are looking at what got left behind as the parting shot of a face full of superheated steam loaded with boiling-hot corrosive alkalis, ethers, some alcohol or other, methanol I think, ammoniacal fumes and flying plastic shards.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13511 on: September 25, 2017, 09:19:08 PM »
In the US at least, it's far far cheaper to order glasses online with a prescription than to try and buy them from one of the local storefronts that only stocks expensive brands and tacks on a massive markup. In fact most places are reluctant to give you the prescription at all, to "encourage" you to buy from their store, and some people don't realize you always have the right to ask for it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13512 on: September 25, 2017, 09:29:46 PM »
Once the prescription starts getting complicated I think you're screwed either way.

Mine are never cheap. SO and the boy still have it good.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13513 on: September 25, 2017, 09:50:44 PM »
Hope you feel better soon QV hun *hugs*

Is the PR feeling any better? *big hugs for the PR too*

And QV-allergies can do the exact same thing, since they involve histamine release, which increases vascular permeability, causing rhinorrhea (leakage of fluid from the  nose) in addition to proinflammatory cytokines (cytokines are mediator signalling chemicals released by the immune system for communication and control of the immune system, some of them inflammatory and some antiinflammatory, many involved heavily in allergic mediation, and many of them can cause fever, for example TNF-alpha, various interleukins, and IgE (immunoglobulin E, not sure if immunoglobulins technically count as cytokines) (IgE-bound mast cells when stimulated by an allergen release massive quantities of histamine and other inflammatory mediator cascades being initiated, leading to immune hyperstimulation, such as anaphylaxis, AFAIK also has involvement in the often lethal and always downright nasty ass immune response known as a cytokine storm, which is in short, an uncontrolled, massive-scale release of proinflammatory cytokines and other inflammatory mediators. Thats what happened to those poor fucking bastards who were the human clinical trial guinea-pigs involved in that infamous Te Genero trial of the humanized monoclonalantibody they came up with intended as a nonspecific activator of T-cells. They swelled up like balloons, felt like they were burning alive from the inside out before they died (some of the non-placebo subjects poisoned by the test drug did survive the resulting cytokine storm, but at the price of massive inflammation that led to the loss of limbs, and huge anaphylaxis-like allergic-type responses, acting as a superagonist at the CD28 cytokine receptor on T-cells.

Result in humans was a massive cytokine storm, agonizing pain, vomiting, multi-organ failure, uncontrolled body-wide swelling, hyperpyrexia due to the proinflammatory cytokines released, (super-high grade, potentially inherently lethal fever), tissue necrosis, body parts rotting off due to the lack of blood flow and direct tissue attack due to the cytokine storm, and in the survivors, ending up severely damaged cripples. Apparently one guy had his head swell up as if it were a balloon being overinflated, as well as, oddly, all of the guinea-pigs who received the actual CD28-stimulatory MAB had their white blood cells utterly wiped out.

TeGenero went bankrupt as a result of the clinical trial disaster. They tested the drug on patients, two of them receiving a placebo, and these two lucky bastards got off without the dreadful results of the active drug, whilst the rest of them, started at a dose 1/500th of the dose deemed safe in the monkeys it was originally tested on without symptoms, ended up messed up as all fuck, that is, the ones that survived.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #13514 on: September 26, 2017, 04:18:10 AM »
I got mine online for £15 including delivery, for myopia. You need to know your prescription though, including pupilary distance.
:dog: