Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234898 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #13230 on: July 01, 2017, 01:05:10 PM »
I wish laying down was an option! Back to packing.  :GA:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13231 on: July 01, 2017, 06:23:01 PM »
Migraine most of the day
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13232 on: July 01, 2017, 08:40:57 PM »
Migraine most of the day

:nurse:

I hated it when I had migraines.  They were caused by BC pills.  Waaaaaaaaay past that now.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13233 on: July 02, 2017, 03:23:21 AM »
Asthma sucks. It won't go away!
:hug:

I hate that. I haven't been there myself in years but wanted to express my sympathies.
I jinxed it. Having slight issues now.
Really? Then :hug: for you. It's the last day of prednisolone for me and I'm still wheezing. The asthma plan I have just says to keep taking my Symbicort puffer. If I need more than 20 or so puffs in a day, then I should go to hospital. Have had 8 puffs today and will have another few before bed.

After years of being asthmatic-but-fine, this is really strange.

:hug:

I don't think I have a puffer that hasn't expired. :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13234 on: July 02, 2017, 04:47:16 AM »
Hey Ren. And anybody else with asthma...

My present puffer has propylene glycol in it as propellant, which I'm allergic to- it sets off my asthma  :LOL: . Net result is zero. Therapeurtic affect is completely offset by aggravating effect.  You might try checking out that possibilty.  . As I'm finding on the vaping fora  (PG is extremely common e-juice ingredient, too)  a growing number of people have PG allegy .

I've had a word with my chemist, and it seems they can still dispense the more expensive PG-free version for me (in spite of theg rowing NHS  penny-pinching).  I'd  just better remind them, next time I bring a prescription in, hadn't I?

In the meantime , I've made the happy discovery th\t Loratadine (an H1 antistamine) is highly effective against my asthma attacks! better that the inhaler, indeed. the only snag being that it takes 20 minutes or so to take effect, of course,  (I ingest it, via syprup) .    Not much of a snag for me, because the main problem with my asthma is that it can go on for weeks or even months if it isn't interrupted (ohhhh!  I just thought! that must because it's aspie asthma :autism:  )

Any old OTC antihistamine shoukd do the trick , I suppose. But for me, some of 'em, unaccountably, have zero effect , and for the rest...it's insanely difficullt to find a formulation that I don't have bad reatios to (on account of the "inactive" ingredients) . Actually there's PG in the freaking Loratadine syrup, too, but so far, ingesting it has done me no harm.

Anyway, that might be worth a try, if you haven't tried it already.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 05:05:07 AM by Walkie »

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13235 on: July 02, 2017, 06:01:52 AM »
The last time I moved, I was 29. Waking up after a day of hauling and packing in my 40's is an entirely different experience. The BF and I have both popped Ibuprofen this morning. :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #13236 on: July 02, 2017, 09:20:02 AM »
Bugger, bugger, bugger.. started off with four seeds (marijuana) and planted them in light soil in small containers about two months ago. A little earlier even. Well, one plant didn't do well and I was left with three small plants after a couple of weeks after that.

Now, as it turns out I've got three male plants which have no use whatsoever. Still taking care of them though. Kinda hoping one will turn hermaphrodite (which is B.. but hey) and will provide some okay-ish flowers. Probably with some new seeds in them, then.

*farts our national anthem*

Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13237 on: July 02, 2017, 10:35:07 AM »
Damn, lutra. Why not used a feminized F1. Perhaps some ruderalis genome for autoflower. Your set thataways.  Not seen you about for a while. good to see you  back. I know all too well what its like to have hopes of that kind turn to shit.  Hopefully a certain wee something of the more stimulating variety will take fruit though, got it this time methinks. Just that one step and some cleaning and a little distillation to do.

Should have seen the bloody fuckup the other day. Someone else's, not mine. Picked up a container full of methanol solution of one of the intermediates and tipped it down the sink! Was left with just a few grams of product after vacuum distillation. Needless to say the one responsible got a fair earful for their trouble.  Could have torn the bugger a new arsehole at the time though, christ.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #13238 on: July 02, 2017, 11:20:03 AM »
Good to see you here too, Lestat.. and I did start with two feminized seeds (and two that could go either way). Aim was to remain with at least one plant that would be a female and to get rid of the male ones (duh) but then tiny balls start to appear in two plants for certain. Killed the weaker one of said two and thought, hey.. could start to produce 'me own' seeds this year.. so I left one male alive.

Think they've undergone some stress in one way or another. Was crazy hot here a while ago (?). Maybe me moving the pots a little around or replanting them in bigger pots earlier (?).. je ne sais pas exactement.

Lesson to learn here (for me).. is to start with more seeds to begin with.. and yeah, use good quality feminized one.

Oh, and I'm not that buggered about what happened this year.. Iz have plenty of stock from previous years. Put away properly. A bit too strong, floor dropping so, for my taste.. but hey. Melikez the high effect.. stoned/meh.. way less so.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13239 on: July 02, 2017, 11:47:12 AM »
Once you get a good line going you could always clone and regenerate from tissue calluses. Much less of a possibility of being inbred by repeated back-crossing, reduced to random mutation with clones.

As for me, time to get nose back to the grindstone soon.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #13240 on: July 02, 2017, 01:08:16 PM »
Bugger, bugger, bugger.. started off with four seeds (marijuana) and planted them in light soil in small containers about two months ago. A little earlier even. Well, one plant didn't do well and I was left with three small plants after a couple of weeks after that.

Now, as it turns out I've got three male plants which have no use whatsoever. Still taking care of them though. Kinda hoping one will turn hermaphrodite (which is B.. but hey) and will provide some okay-ish flowers. Probably with some new seeds in them, then.

*farts our national anthem*

Isn't pot legal to buy where you live?

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13241 on: July 02, 2017, 01:25:04 PM »
Bloody should be everywhere. Its as a direct consequence of its being banned that the synthetics came, and as more and more got banned (many, particularly initially) were quite acceptable and of respectably low likely toxicity, it got nastier and nastier in the sense of what was marketed, winnowed down in a reverse-darwinian manner of 'survival of the bottom of the barrel) until things were being released that would (this was spotted in a head shop I warned about the products) release fluoroacetate as a metabolite, a very, very difficult, and in a hospital scenario, almost certainly supportively only, really nasty mitochondrial toxin (it gets into the Kreb's cycle/citrate cycle by being metabolized to fluorocitrate, binds to aconitase, can't get any further because of the fluorine being unable to be removed in-vivo and trashes ATP production) vicious stuff, and on a part with some of the middling-end nerve agents in terms of toxic dose. Makes the lines of sarin, tabun look like fun. And some other synthetics that seemed to have some kind of noncannabinoid-system-mediated toxic effects that killed many, many people in eastern europe especially.  Over some partly economics, partly racial bollocks-founded load of shite self-serving govt policy decades and decades old.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #13242 on: July 02, 2017, 01:31:45 PM »
Re Scrapheap:

Yeah, it is.. but the quality one gets in the so called coffeeshops here is shitty most often.. plus why should I pay as much (p/m between 5 euros to 15 or so per gram) for iffy shite I do not really like. Or not at all.

Growing it yourself is way way better (despite the above mentioned buggery and/or other shit, maybe). Well, I like growing my own stuff like vegetables as well.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13243 on: July 02, 2017, 01:48:12 PM »
Hash is usually more my thing. Sadly its gone to shit availability wise here in the UK, because of so many greedy wankers that would sell you their own mother's ashes if they got the chance and call it hash, that nobody wants it and hard to find a market for when demand drops. Indica-heavy oil can be good stuff though, been toying with the idea of trying it dissolved in a suitable carrier in an e-cig. The likes of propane or butane make good liquid solvents, although would guess you knew that one already lutra. Boils off nice and cleanly.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13244 on: July 02, 2017, 04:01:05 PM »
The Canadian government is looking to legalize it July 2018.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad