Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232309 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #13215 on: June 30, 2017, 09:58:12 AM »
Asthma sucks. It won't go away!

:hug:

I hate that. I haven't been there myself in years but wanted to express my sympathies.

I jinxed it. Having slight issues now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13216 on: June 30, 2017, 03:01:08 PM »
Did my laundry, hung it to dry on the back porch, went out to do errands, and it rained.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13217 on: July 01, 2017, 06:40:43 AM »
Asthma sucks. It won't go away!
:hug:

I hate that. I haven't been there myself in years but wanted to express my sympathies.
I jinxed it. Having slight issues now.
Really? Then :hug: for you. It's the last day of prednisolone for me and I'm still wheezing. The asthma plan I have just says to keep taking my Symbicort puffer. If I need more than 20 or so puffs in a day, then I should go to hospital. Have had 8 puffs today and will have another few before bed.

After years of being asthmatic-but-fine, this is really strange.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13218 on: July 01, 2017, 07:08:59 AM »
*comes over to miss K bearing plenty hot packs, some muscle relaxers and a back rub along with some cold beer:)*
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13219 on: July 01, 2017, 07:10:34 AM »
My hotplate is acting up. Can't wait until the new pair of stirplates and stirrer/heating mantle arrive so the old fucker can be stuck in a cupboard for emergencies. It immediately trips the breakers if turned on, meaning it has to be taken apart and cleaned. And I really CBF.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13220 on: July 01, 2017, 07:13:56 AM »
My hotplate is acting up. Can't wait until the new pair of stirplates and stirrer/heating mantle arrive so the old fucker can be stuck in a cupboard for emergencies. It immediately trips the breakers if turned on, meaning it has to be taken apart and cleaned. And I really CBF.
That just reminds me, if it weren't for trip switches, I would be dead by now!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13221 on: July 01, 2017, 07:47:14 AM »
I pledged money to Killing Joke's Pledge Music project in May last year and they still haven't delivered.
If they release a studio album before they finish that project I'll be very disappointed.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13222 on: July 01, 2017, 08:18:09 AM »
Why what happened ren?

Got shocked once, that really hurt. Was a kid, and not realizing what it was, pissed on an electric fence during a walk in the countryside, that was intended to confine cattle. Predictably enough, urine being conductive....well it doesn't take much to guess what happened next, and where that jolt of electricity went. Not high current, won't kill anyone, but its enough to hurt like hell. Felt like being smacked to the floor with a shitstorm of sledgehammers.

As if being hit, with a sledgehammer EVERYWHERE at once.  And really not what you want traveling through the path of least resistance when the latter is right up your jap's eye. Lets just say that a lot of language was used that a kid of that age should never have heard let alone used:P

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13223 on: July 01, 2017, 08:42:32 AM »
Ouch.

Yep, nothing wakes you up faster than a jolt in the morning from an ancient stove with a bad wiring when your hand is damp.

Didn't zap me as hard as it could have, don't remember the pain as much as how hard it seemed to pull my hand off of it.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #13224 on: July 01, 2017, 09:15:25 AM »
Why what happened ren?

Got shocked once, that really hurt. Was a kid, and not realizing what it was, pissed on an electric fence during a walk in the countryside, that was intended to confine cattle. Predictably enough, urine being conductive....well it doesn't take much to guess what happened next, and where that jolt of electricity went. Not high current, won't kill anyone, but its enough to hurt like hell. Felt like being smacked to the floor with a shitstorm of sledgehammers.

As if being hit, with a sledgehammer EVERYWHERE at once.  And really not what you want traveling through the path of least resistance when the latter is right up your jap's eye. Lets just say that a lot of language was used that a kid of that age should never have heard let alone used:P

That's kind of the worst place to have an electric shock.
:dog:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13225 on: July 01, 2017, 11:28:21 AM »
You don't say. There may or may not be more painful bits to have one, but I will never know because I haven't got any of them.

Just got my hotplate working again though at least. Time to get to work.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #13226 on: July 01, 2017, 11:29:49 AM »
 :dunno:
:dog:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13227 on: July 01, 2017, 12:02:11 PM »
As in, bits men haven't got, and so won't have the opportunity, if it can be called such, to get zapped by an electric fence in/up:P

And the plate had been on the fritz again. Tripping the house circuit breakers on attempting to turn it on. I opened it up and once again went round the components on the controller circuit removing any corrosion and giving it a generous blast of contact cleaner, lubricating the stirrer so I can hear it spinning up, etc. At any rate, I brought it back from the grave again, after scrubbing the innards clean again. And I managed to save SOME of what I'm working on, enough to get a few grams of product rather than the hundreds of milligrams I was expecting to be more like it, upon weighing the....the compound in question.  3.0164g rescued. Just means I have to be meticulous and utterly precise in what I'm doing next, the very last step of my project. And things like rinsing the weighing trays out with a low-boiling solvent and distilling that off after pouring it into my project where needed, will take more time, to save every last milligram possible. Spazz I may be, but in this case, spazz does as spazz is, and precision is the name of the game. Calculating and reweighing each step, making sure things don't escape.. and weighing the solvent used before cleaning out the weigh-boats with it to glean the quantity of my last step in this particular project before adding it in and accounting for it with a known volume of solvent to add to THAT once its distilled off, addition of the two, making sure its all outa there. Still pissed the fuck off. But at least it hasn't entirely gone down the shitter.

First, it is time for a cold beer. No make that all but a couple of the cold beers I've got in the fridge. The other few can remain, for now, for the post-success celebration.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13228 on: July 01, 2017, 12:23:59 PM »
*comes over to miss K bearing plenty hot packs, some muscle relaxers and a back rub along with some cold beer:)*
You're my favourite person today. Me trying pack be like--->  :deadhorse2:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13229 on: July 01, 2017, 12:46:32 PM »
Well I'm honoured my dear. But shush, missy, your meant to be lying down being squeezed free of tension and relaxing.

*but he purrs with delight anyway*