Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 233191 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #13140 on: June 06, 2017, 10:07:52 PM »
Yeah Odeon, ever thought of getting your eyes checked?  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13141 on: June 07, 2017, 10:56:14 AM »

Maybe, but it kind of sounds like before I had begun treatments for dry eye syndrome, many years ago.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13142 on: June 07, 2017, 11:23:27 AM »
There are a few places around where I grew up where I was not allowed to go without boots on. My dad almost always walked on clogs, wearing shorts, but for those places he'd wear boots and trousers. Because of lots of adders.
I never saw one though. But they are there. Docters around those places have anti venom in the house all the time.
Here there are spiders. Lots of spiders. That's because it is not just spiders but also lots of insects. I live in a wet area. Mosquitoes thrive here, alas.
I carry spiders outside all the time. I like the zebra striped jumping spiders.

So you get it.
Adders are more sneaky that rattlers, though. Rattlers announce themselves by rattling their hind parts and warn you before they strike even if it is only for a split second. I have never been bitten by one I did not hear first.

There is some evidence to support the notion that every spider is poisonous, since they all use venom to subdue their prey. Mostly they are all non lethal, but an ugly infection can often occur from a spider bite of almost any sort.

I can not tell you how many times I have gotten face to face close to a jumping spider to get a great close-up pic, only to have it jump up onto my camera lens, sending me into a panic.
Yep a camera is a great defensive wall, but having one jump up and colonize my camera by overtaking the entire lens was unsettling sometimes.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13143 on: June 07, 2017, 02:09:08 PM »
Almost all spiders are venomous. The families Uloboridae (tiny things a few mm across at most) wrap prey in webbing instead and pour digestive juices on it, dissolving the prey alive instead. There is a single species that has evolved to become vegetarian, a species of jumping spider, that lives on the type of acacias that have evolved symbiotic relationships with colonies of vicious ants that kill invading critters by biting and stinging and that in return the acacias provide both structures such as hollow swollen bases at the bottom of their thorns for the colonies to live in, and specialized little orangey-yellow, rounded high protein food packages born at the tips of their leaflets. These, this particular, unique kind of spider, feeds upon, making it so far as is known, the only vegetarian spider in the world. The much larger Mesothelae are also nonvenomous, although the Mesothelids do have quite large, mechanically powerful fangs, oriented in the downward-stabbing Mygalomorph configuration (compare to E.g funnelwebs (Atrax, Hadronyche (tree funnelwebs), mouse spiders and the purse webs, the last of which have european members and quite powerful fangs although the venom is not known to be dangerous to people, they live their lives within constructs of webbing in the shape of tubes, and stab upward with large, long fangs to impale their prey. The others are, surprise surprise, ozzy critters and unlike the purse-webs, these are highly venomous and to primates, lethal. The Mesothelae are unusual in that they are thought, IIRC, to have originated during the evolutionary splitting from a segmented common ancestor when the spiders and scorpions diverged to form their respective groups within the arachnids and retain plates of segmentation on the top of their abdomens. Trapdoor spiders essentially, or living in burrows and relying on speed, surprise and brute force to overpower prey, since they lack venom, or if they do not, then they lack the ducted fangs needed to deliver it. Similar in that respect to Solifugae, the Solifugids, or camel spiders are not true spiders but a subgroup of their own right within the arachnids, most nonvenomous although at least one, indian species does possess both venom and some means to deliver it. Large, hairy and known for being extremely quick, they too use their huge jaws to rip prey to pieces.

There is one, perhaps another two small suborders of true spiders containing tiny animals similar to the Uloboridae that like them, lack venom completely also.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13144 on: June 07, 2017, 02:26:52 PM »
My left eye feels like someone poured acid on it.

Another infection?  Is it always that eye?  :-\

Yes it is. It's more prone to infections. Too many surgeries.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13145 on: June 07, 2017, 02:27:39 PM »
Yeah Odeon, ever thought of getting your eyes checked?  :zoinks:

OMG, why didn't I think of THAT?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13146 on: June 07, 2017, 02:27:58 PM »

Maybe, but it kind of sounds like before I had begun treatments for dry eye syndrome, many years ago.

What kind of treatments?

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13147 on: June 07, 2017, 03:22:26 PM »

What kind of treatments?

Basically, prescription eye drops with medication and minerals in the solution, which I used every day for some weeks, now just as needed and over the counter on also an as needed basis. Need them every few days or so. Almost never need the thick, sticky prescription type.

I am not cured and never will be.
I suspect this since last time I had my eyes examined by a real ophthalmologist, she immediately started asking me "familiar questions."
I told her straight away that I had already been diagnosed with "chronic dry eye syndrome." Instead of continuing, she asked me to give her the name of the doctor and the timeline and asked about how it is being treated. Then she set up a return trip for further diagnosis.
She was impressive.
She gave me a new prescription for when it gets really bad and told me to keep on doing what I was already doing to treat the symptoms. Assured me that there was no way to counter this, other than daily attention to the symptoms.

Sorry. Wish there was a happy ending. Maybe your well respected countrymen/women have some new way to think about this thing.
If you have this condition, then attending to your symptoms will basically eliminate the discomforts and annoyances.
That thick prescription stuff that takes half an hour to see through will help tremendously!

« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 03:45:14 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13148 on: June 07, 2017, 11:51:57 PM »
Both eyes itch today. The left one was mucky too, when I got up.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13149 on: June 08, 2017, 07:19:23 AM »
Today marks the 1 year anniversary of losing one of my friends to suicide. I spent time last night with her wife and it seems amazing to me that we all got through the first year because at the time it didn't feel like we would make it without her. I mean, you know you will but it doesn't feel like it.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13150 on: June 08, 2017, 07:48:03 AM »
Today marks the 1 year anniversary of losing one of my friends to suicide. I spent time last night with her wife and it seems amazing to me that we all got through the first year because at the time it didn't feel like we would make it without her. I mean, you know you will but it doesn't feel like it.

I'm so sorry for the pain of everyone she left behind, and for the pain that drove her to leave.  :'(
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13151 on: June 08, 2017, 08:16:15 AM »

I'm so sorry for the pain of everyone she left behind, and for the pain that drove her to leave.  :'(

Thank you :hug:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13152 on: June 08, 2017, 09:29:57 AM »
 :'(
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13153 on: June 08, 2017, 11:35:38 AM »
 :hug:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13154 on: June 08, 2017, 02:54:05 PM »
Squirrels crewed though the gas line on my propane torch :grrr:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw