Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 233085 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #13110 on: June 02, 2017, 03:00:56 AM »
I have stacks of homework.

Renaeden at work on the stacks!  ----->  :chores:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13111 on: June 02, 2017, 11:27:08 AM »

That smiley always reminded me of a dismal academic version of Cinderella :laugh:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #13112 on: June 02, 2017, 12:09:26 PM »

That smiley always reminded me of a dismal academic version of Cinderella :laugh:

I thought it was someone in a city constucting a towerblock.
:dog:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13113 on: June 03, 2017, 04:04:25 AM »
Not much will get done tomorrow, the power will be out from 7:30am to 5:30pm. I have about 3 hours of battery life on my laptop.

So we are going to the cinema to see Wonder Woman. Critics (that I have seen) have given it good reviews and I have seen trailers. So I look forward to it.

Then we're going to Bunnings so Kayleigh can buy tubs for her room junk. As long as I don't have to do anything regarding her room, it's fine by me.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13114 on: June 03, 2017, 11:15:11 PM »
Too much housework to catch up on :zombiefuck:
I don't think this place will ever be fit for habitation by anyone other than me and the cats!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13115 on: June 04, 2017, 01:39:41 AM »
Not much will get done tomorrow, the power will be out from 7:30am to 5:30pm. I have about 3 hours of battery life on my laptop.

So we are going to the cinema to see Wonder Woman. Critics (that I have seen) have given it good reviews and I have seen trailers. So I look forward to it.

Then we're going to Bunnings so Kayleigh can buy tubs for her room junk. As long as I don't have to do anything regarding her room, it's fine by me.

That's a very long planned time without power.  Have never heard of a planned timespan like that before.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #13116 on: June 04, 2017, 03:43:48 AM »

I really want to see it
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13117 on: June 04, 2017, 07:54:30 AM »
The dog re-injured her shoulder again today. This is so frustrating because I can't get her well enough, long enough, to fully recover.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13118 on: June 04, 2017, 09:41:43 AM »
The dog re-injured her shoulder again today. This is so frustrating because I can't get her well enough, long enough, to fully recover.

Doggy valium?

She's just a big bundle of energy. 8) In laws have a boxer that just hit the full-tilt-off-the-rails age of 2. The older one keeps hurting herself trying to keep up.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13119 on: June 04, 2017, 10:16:22 AM »
Spiders.  :zombiefuck:

WTF.

I'll come back when we start talking about snakes.

:runaway:

I grew up in a place where people venturing outside generally encounter a snake or several everyday. NO one wears shorts or flip-flops, even though summer temperatures are quite uncomfortably hot.

I was picked up at school at a very young age, maybe second grade, by my grandmother who had promised us fresh cookies. As she was grabbing her favorite set of cookie sheets, a rattlesnake attacked her from inside the cabinet. She got pissed!
She went over and grabbed her small coal shovel and began a systematic grabbing and throwing of every pan and pot in that cabinet until she found the snake and then beat the crap out of it and cut in to about six pieces with her little hand shovel.

After carrying it outside and feeding it to the pigs, she  threw everything from the floor to the sink to be washed and in about twenty minutes we had some of her cookies to snack on.
Of course, we kids had seen it all before, but having a rattlesnake inside the kitchen was very annoying to my grandmother. Every man suffered until she was satisfied that any way in to the house for them rattly bastards was sealed.
 :dunno:

I have a lot of snake stories that represent real life, rather than something found on the internet like the case of all that spider "data."
I have been bitten four times by rattlesnakes, but only one was on my upper body. My typical Texas boots protected me the other three times.
A water moccasin struck at me once while I was fishing in a river, but I dodged it and managed to beat it with a stick.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 10:29:02 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13120 on: June 04, 2017, 11:03:55 AM »
There are a few places around where I grew up where I was not allowed to go without boots on. My dad almost always walked on clogs, wearing shorts, but for those places he'd wear boots and trousers. Because of lots of adders.
I never saw one though. But they are there. Docters around those places have anti venom in the house all the time.
Here there are spiders. Lots of spiders. That's because it is not just spiders but also lots of insects. I live in a wet area. Mosquitoes thrive here, alas.
I carry spiders outside all the time. I like the zebra striped jumping spiders.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13121 on: June 04, 2017, 02:58:35 PM »
Most european spiders aren't really all that dangerous. Mainly the widows, although your quite unlikely to die from a bite, it hurts like fucking crazy for several days afterwards. Got nipped by a pet brown widow I used to have once (normally they are pretty calm and docile, but when defending egg sacks like that one was they can get pretty pissy.), for the next few days after, felt like I'd been run over by a tank. And then reversed over, slowly, just for good measure. About the only bits of me that didn't hurt were nails and hair :P Did go to the doctors about it, but only the day after, for something to help deal with the pain (would have the day I got bit, but it makes it quite difficult, and bloody sore to move at all, and walking down the stairs was out of the question, moving a few feet to the bathroom with a cane was just about as far as I could get, never mind getting all the way to the docs.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #13122 on: June 04, 2017, 03:04:57 PM »
I don't understand how you could just sit there and wait while suffering from a Widow spiders bite.
:dog:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13123 on: June 04, 2017, 10:02:17 PM »

That's a very long planned time without power.  Have never heard of a planned timespan like that before.
We are having another one on the 11th. From 8am to 5:30pm. I drove up our street yesterday and on the side streets there was a lot of workmen doing.... electrical stuff.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13124 on: June 05, 2017, 07:07:56 AM »

Doggy valium?

She's just a big bundle of energy. 8) In laws have a boxer that just hit the full-tilt-off-the-rails age of 2. The older one keeps hurting herself trying to keep up.
I'm treating her holistically. White Willow Bark for pain. EZ-Mobility and Hyaluronic Acid-180 for inflammation and joint movement.

It stresses me out because life expectancy of this breed is 8-10 years and I want them both around for as long as possible. When she's hurt, we got it covered because she naturally rests. It's when she's starting to turn a corner in healing that it all goes to shit because then she starts acting stupid again, too soon. Sigh.  ::)
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad