Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234206 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #13020 on: May 19, 2017, 07:47:46 PM »
The people who write those expiry dates are way over-conservative. I bet they still work.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13021 on: May 19, 2017, 09:46:05 PM »
The people who write those expiry dates are way over-conservative. I bet they still work.

Yep. They can lose potency over time and depending on how they were stored, but most of the time they still work.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13022 on: May 20, 2017, 12:15:19 AM »
tried it two weeks ago. Felt like a Lestat light. Found some  two year overdate diclofenac. The bovine was a way happier cow an hour after the find.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13023 on: May 20, 2017, 01:28:32 AM »

Yep. They can lose potency over time and depending on how they were stored, but most of the time they still work.

Just seeing this now, but that's excellent!  Maybe I'll take one tomorrow night.  :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13024 on: May 20, 2017, 01:29:40 AM »
tried it two weeks ago. Felt like a Lestat light. Found some  two year overdate diclofenac. The bovine was a way happier cow an hour after the find.

Awww yay!  Hooray for finding drugs!   :hyke:

People forget.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13025 on: May 20, 2017, 06:04:39 PM »
Yes, totally safe to use. I hope you have some relief dear weeble.

Why is it that I've accomplished so much today and yet I look around and it feels like I've done nothing?
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13026 on: May 20, 2017, 10:03:37 PM »
I goofed and took The PR's evening meds again.  Decided not to take mine.  Last time I took her meds by accident (this week) I had the night from hell trying to get to sleep.  Not sure if the meds or dehydration caused the problem, so I'm going to drink some water before bed.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13027 on: May 21, 2017, 12:29:22 AM »
I goofed and took The PR's evening meds again.  Decided not to take mine.  Last time I took her meds by accident (this week) I had the night from hell trying to get to sleep.  Not sure if the meds or dehydration caused the problem, so I'm going to drink some water before bed.

How did you sleep?

And how are you? Making this mistake twice in one week is not a good sign.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13028 on: May 21, 2017, 04:47:32 AM »
Yes, totally safe to use. I hope you have some relief dear weeble.

Why is it that I've accomplished so much today and yet I look around and it feels like I've done nothing?

Thank you. :hug:   Give yourself more credit.  :)

People forget.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13029 on: May 21, 2017, 06:55:52 AM »
A LOW dose psychostimulant of the dopamine releaser, or reuptake inhibitor, or even BPAP/PPAP (these, unlike the first class of stimulant which include amphetamines) or the second, similar to cocaine or methyl/ethyl/isopropylphenidate), in the first case neurotransmitter reserves get dumped out of vesicles in essentially, reverse transport.

In DARIs (dopamine reuptake inhibitors) that don't much release DA, but block the transporter that takes it out of the intrasynaptic cleft once released, such as methylphenidate, and the other 'phenidates, as well as cocaine (also noradrenergic and serotonergic reuptake inhibitor) so it builds up and stays around longer, elevating levels but not to  the massive extent caused by basically turning cellular stored inside out.

BPAP and PPAP (not to be confused with PEPAP or PEPA, ampakine and opioid, forget which is which) on the other hand do neither, but induce an amplification of natural phasic transmitter release, quite unique in the stimulant world. What this means is that ONLY when the brain naturally sends for example, an order for a synapse to release a monoamine, like dopamine, serotonin or noradrenaline a larger quantity is released per release event, but more release events are not induced and  nor is reuptake inhibition in play much if at all. The mode of action of these two compounds as impulse propagation inhancers is unique as far as known. I intend to study at least PPAP, BPAP and the benzothiophene analog of BPAP/PPAP at least a couple of times.

QV-if  you can't get say, amphetamine, try a dopamine agonist like pramipexole, it helps counter restless legs and is active against  this kind of drug mishap. Else an antimuscarinic anticholinergic, that penetrates the blood brain barrier. Such as a first-generation sedating antihistamine or something like 0.25-0.5mg (upper ceiling level) atropine, biperiden (cogentin...or is it coNgentin, not used here so can't check my copy of the BNF, stained to hell as it is from being on the recipient end of a  phosphorus halide reagent volcano.

Best thing for it? opiates. Be your suited to a mild dose of codeine and it works, or a solid dose of 6-acetoxydihydromorphine that'd blow your head off. It WORKS. Akathisia from antipsychotics, mirtazepine (because of its strong adrenergic autoreceptor antagonism, which causes large scale noradrenaline release into the body), some antisickness drugs, its just fucking awful, as if one would willingly climb out of one's own skin and dive into an acid bath.

Also, at a loose end? memantine works well, as do ketamine and grey market or herbal (strong) NMDA antagonists (dissociative anaesthetics). If needs be, distill ordinary ethyl alcohol to azeotropic (when further distillation carries remaining H2O with it) then treat with baked epsom salts at 300 degrees in an oven for 2 hours to three...the MgSO4 that is, let it cool in the oven, add some to the alcohol, distill the absolute alcohol over quicklime then add dropwise into concentrated sulfuric acid (drain cleaner grade can often be used, sometimes the traces of H2O need boiling off the acid first, 98% will do ya) and drip in the alcohol to the acid, not the other way round, keeping the addition slow and steady with the acid preheated to 120 'C. DO NOT LET IT GET TO 150 OR ABOVE, else it dehydrates to the alkene, ethylene, which further reacts with conc. H2SO4 to give diethyl sulfate which is highly toxic. This is a method suitable for home use of producing diethyl ether. An intoxicant with strong dissociative NDMA blocker profile and unlike the two alcohol molecules it condensed together from under dehydration by concentrated sulfuric (conc. phosphoric acid can be used too, or P2O5, but be aware, hot conc. phosphoric attacks glass. And is VERY viscous) You can get the sulfuric as drain unclogger, or distill from battery acid (the lead peroxide and lead sulfate are nonvolatile)

Its a fun and much cheaper way than use of the Williamson synth for ethers (primary alkyl halide and an alkoxide, they react in an SN2 nucleophilic substitution) Kinky bastards..attacking from the backside like that. (sorry, filthy chemists joke)

Benzos, barbs or other GABAa positive modulator sedatives like benzos help, as do clonidine, tizanidine, lofexidine and other alpha2 adrenoreceptor AGONISTS help to a degree. NOT ANTAGONISTS, these CAUSE akathisia. I got 'got' by yohimbine once, not knowing it was a constitutent in Iporuru rootbark. Again, I felt like I wanted to die it was that bad. Fingers down throat job to prevent any more getting absorbed and getting stark raving wankered on other things in my psychotropic
collection of the time.

and lol at 'me, light'

As for expiring, aside from protein/peptidic stuff (hormones etc ), radiopharmaceuticals with short half lives, some esters can hydrolyze leaving the parent acid, such as aspirin (which is why old ass aspirin often smells of acetic acid, likewise diamorphine (heroin) can partially hydrolyze, but I've read tell of people finding bottles of heroin tablets a century or so old and taking then to good effect. I can only think of one medical treatment that would actually poison the user if old and past it, and that is organ/tissue transplants. Like, sticking a rotting organ in somebody.

I'm window shopping on lab-X, basically ebay for scientific stuff, interested in IR spectrophotometers, some in my price range, and waiting until I can get lucky (within a grand) for a GC-MS, LC-MS or ion cyclotron resonance mass spec. The latter would be neat to try and build.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13030 on: May 21, 2017, 08:43:28 AM »

How did you sleep?

I was thinking the same. Is there a way we could help you come up with a plan to keep the meds in separate places so there's less confusion? Or label them differently?
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13031 on: May 21, 2017, 09:55:41 AM »

How did you sleep?

I was thinking the same. Is there a way we could help you come up with a plan to keep the meds in separate places so there's less confusion? Or label them differently?

One with a red week dispenser box, the other with a green, something like that.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13032 on: May 21, 2017, 09:58:57 AM »

How did you sleep?

Highlight the label with a pink highlighter.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13033 on: May 21, 2017, 10:56:56 AM »

How did you sleep?

Highlight the label with a pink highlighter.

They're put into a 7 day medicine box inside a locked giant tool box.  I take out the ones for the correct day and either put them in a prescription bottle that I've removed the label from or just keep them in my hand until I give them to her.  Which is what happened both times.  She will often not return the pill bottle and I'm too scattered brain to follow up on them since she doesn't take them as soon as I give them to her.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13034 on: May 22, 2017, 12:28:56 PM »
I have a headache in the making.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein