Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232332 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #12840 on: April 13, 2017, 09:47:48 AM »
 :hug:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12841 on: April 13, 2017, 10:53:42 AM »
Not much sleep last night. Puppy seems to have eaten something she doesn't agree with.
Does she eat shoes or anything else like that that she shouldn't?

All of it. :zoinks:

Make sure all the naughty bits of the family are protected.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12842 on: April 13, 2017, 04:56:54 PM »
I'm not going to let this comment get me down, so not posting it in the major complaint thread.

I've just had the third social-type worker read me a gentle riot act about the condition (read really messy) of the house.  Yeah, I know it's beyond a mess, but I am going to get it done.  ASAP, with a few breaks for TV, books, etc.  Who am I kidding?  A lot of breaks.

And no, cbc, short bursts of cleaning don't work well for me.  I never seem to get back on the ball.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12843 on: April 13, 2017, 10:31:50 PM »
I ordered fitted sheets online nearly a month ago and was thinking about sending a complaint email about how long it was taking. Then last night I received an email from the seller saying they have just shipped my order. Only just last night! What were they doing before?!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12844 on: April 14, 2017, 01:41:49 AM »
Not much sleep last night. Puppy seems to have eaten something she doesn't agree with.
Does she eat shoes or anything else like that that she shouldn't?

All of it. :zoinks:

Make sure all the naughty bits of the family are protected.

We're all pure. :angel:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12845 on: April 14, 2017, 01:44:07 AM »
Puppy seems to be on rocket fuel this morning.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12846 on: April 14, 2017, 05:04:28 AM »
I'm not going to let this comment get me down, so not posting it in the major complaint thread.

I've just had the third social-type worker read me a gentle riot act about the condition (read really messy) of the house.  Yeah, I know it's beyond a mess, but I am going to get it done.  ASAP, with a few breaks for TV, books, etc.  Who am I kidding?  A lot of breaks.

And no, cbc, short bursts of cleaning don't work well for me.  I never seem to get back on the ball.

I hope you find a method that works for you and keeps you energized instead of discouraged. :hug:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12847 on: April 14, 2017, 05:09:12 AM »
I ordered fitted sheets online nearly a month ago and was thinking about sending a complaint email about how long it was taking. Then last night I received an email from the seller saying they have just shipped my order. Only just last night! What were they doing before?!

Think we should ship that stuff?   :beer:  :tv:   Yeah, after my show I'll do it.   :spitscreen:  I can't, I'm busy on WrongPlanet!

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12848 on: April 14, 2017, 05:10:08 AM »

Keep all caffeinated beverages out of sight! :coffee: :coke:

People forget.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #12849 on: April 14, 2017, 07:44:32 PM »
Completely forgot an appointment today. There is way too much going on.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12850 on: April 15, 2017, 01:10:25 AM »

And again today. Bloody hell, where does all that energy come from?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #12851 on: April 15, 2017, 03:18:42 AM »
Major fucking bitch-just fitted a new fuse into the power supply I have on effectively indefinite loan off my old man. No luck, turned the power on and not a whimper from the damned thing. He's going to take a look inside, see if he can fix it, but, well, its generally not that optimistic.

On the plus side, means when I get my own (although I'll of course return the favour and let him use mine once I buy another) I'll buy myself one with a variable output, but one that can  supply some hefty peak currents, to the point where I'm wondering just how much juice a domestic supply can output as peak current draw. Mainly because I want to try some experiments that will need both a regular vacuum pump just to start the main one, or ones, a turbomolecular pump and possibly mercury diffusion pump after that, for pumping down a *very* high vacuum chamber, suitable for my trying some experiments trying to build a penning trap, for use in a magneto-optical ion trap/charged particle trap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penning_trap

I'd like to have a go at building one of these, partly for experimenting and seeing what I can do with it, useful or otherwise, and partly for an analytical technique in chemistry-stroke-physics called fourier-transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry.

Basic premise is that a sample is ionized and accelerated into a penning trap, a kind of magnetic/radio frequency trap, in a vacuum chamber, and accelerated to a cyclotron resonance frequency, then accelerated further to a higher cyclotron resonance frequency, in other words, closer to the outside of the trap than to the center, and pass by a pair of electrodes in their orbit, which induces a momentary charge on the electrodes, creating a signal, as a superposition of sine waves, that is the crude output, and the exact waveform is dependant on the mass and charge of the ionic species(s) and a fourier transform is performed via a computer on the output which, as I understand it, gives the mass spectrum directly. Perhaps pairing it with time-of-flight from an ion source down a small linac (linear accelerator).

Of course, BUYING a mass spec of any kind is WAY more than I can afford. Thats pretty top of the line equipment, but there is nothing to say I can't build one for much less than I could (if I had the money) buy one off the shelf, so to speak. And would be damn fun to try. The traps can also be used for experiments with ultra-low energy states in atomic physics, using whats known as a magneto-optical trap, the optical bit coming from the fact that paired sets of lasers are used to confine the atoms, and lower their energy, capable of doing all kinds of neat stuff, such as creating bose-einstein condensates, such as in helium-4 where it loses all viscosity and friction, and if liquid 4He is placed in a container, it will creep up the sides of anything its put in and try to escape. Would be neat to try confining it in a optical/magnetic bottle like that and see what the hell it can be poked and prodded into doing.

First things first though, I'm going to need power supply, probably several of them                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12852 on: April 15, 2017, 08:45:08 AM »

And again today. Bloody hell, where does all that energy come from?

Isn't he about toddler age now?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12853 on: April 15, 2017, 09:35:49 AM »
I have three customers that owe me money that I will have to call this coming week :grrr:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12854 on: April 15, 2017, 09:51:06 AM »
I have three customers that owe me money that I will have to call this coming week :grrr:

You should visit them in person, carrying a tool of your trade.  :hide:  :fixin: Got my money?

People forget.