Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235468 times)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #12690 on: March 15, 2017, 03:12:22 PM »
I think several manufacturers offer Linux in addition to Windows now. Saves money and provides a more stable experience.

That's better than I thought then. There's still a need to convince the average user. Apple is rubbish as well. What Linux system would go better on an iPad Air?
:dog:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12691 on: March 15, 2017, 03:31:40 PM »
Ice everywhere

I can not remember where you live, but from what I do remember, you are up there in the thick of it and so is Ozzie.

You guys have my empathy!

We were dry here in central Indiana and only got the cold and a few inches of snow, nothing compared to the upper NE.
Godspeed to you and yours!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12692 on: March 15, 2017, 03:42:00 PM »
When life hands me ice, running the condensers is cheaper.

My remark about dogs having masters and cats, staff, was humor. True, but humor. But I'm not a dog person really. Definitely a cat person. I did take in a dog once that was being treated like shit by its owners, just dumped out on the street, when I was a kid, so I befriended then 'stole' the dog. Hit by a car, eventually IIRC. Although I was fairly young,  but still, I won't sit by and ignore shitheads who mistreat animals. If I saw someone stamp on a snail for example, I'd deliver a payment in kind. Trash their home and stamp on them, see how they liked it, and tell them why it was being done so they have the opportunity to mend their ways. And for me its not just 'I don't do animal research' but 'don't d..of course', since I wouldn't so much as sell petri dishes to someone that did, not knowingly; no more than I would become a crack whore, a paedophile or a copper.

I got the humor, but do not give up on dogs. You may meet one that will become the best friend (I know, cliche) you will ever have. Keep an open mind and keep him or her safe.  I have lost too many best friends to shitty city traffic.

Nothing breaks your heart more than to watch as you are trying to collect your dog in a city and get her back to safety when some random asshole jumps the curb and deliberately runs his car over your precious dog and you can only hold her close for the last time as she struggles to draw her last breaths.

One of the many reasons why I hate people.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12693 on: March 15, 2017, 04:05:01 PM »
I think several manufacturers offer Linux in addition to Windows now. Saves money and provides a more stable experience.

That's better than I thought then. There's still a need to convince the average user. Apple is rubbish as well. What Linux system would go better on an iPad Air?

Ubuntu should work well. I've installed it on a Macbook Pro and Air should be similar.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12694 on: March 15, 2017, 04:07:18 PM »

My remark about dogs having masters and cats, staff, was humor. True, but humor. But I'm not a dog person really. Definitely a cat person. I did take in a dog once that was being treated like shit by its owners, just dumped out on the street, when I was a kid, so I befriended then 'stole' the dog. Hit by a car, eventually IIRC. Although I was fairly young,  but still, I won't sit by and ignore shitheads who mistreat animals. If I saw someone stamp on a snail for example, I'd deliver a payment in kind. Trash their home and stamp on them, see how they liked it, and tell them why it was being done so they have the opportunity to mend their ways. And for me its not just 'I don't do animal research' but 'don't d..of course', since I wouldn't so much as sell petri dishes to someone that did, not knowingly; no more than I would become a crack whore, a paedophile or a copper.

I got the humor, but do not give up on dogs. You may meet one that will become the best friend (I know, cliche) you will ever have. Keep an open mind and keep him or her safe.  I have lost too many best friends to shitty city traffic.

Nothing breaks your heart more than to watch as you are trying to collect your dog in a city and get her back to safety when some random asshole jumps the curb and deliberately runs his car over your precious dog and you can only hold her close for the last time as she struggles to draw her last breaths.

That is evil. Your dog did nothing to that bastard. I don't blame you for hating people.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12695 on: March 15, 2017, 04:40:11 PM »

It was long ago and I have dealt with most of the pain, but that does not mean that I do not despise Toyotas when I see them or the drivers of those evil cars.

It's OK!

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12696 on: March 15, 2017, 04:52:01 PM »
My nan drives one!

She is not evil though. I'm glad you're OK. :hug:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12697 on: March 15, 2017, 04:55:57 PM »
My car is a 2013 Matrix.  Like a Timex.  It does need some work now - oil leak, belt change, A/C blows hot, grease the joints.  The outside looks atrocious because I've run into a few things.  But for me the important parts of a car are:

Line of sight
Instrument panel view
Comfort of driver (partly selfish and partly safety)
Reliability of the car.

I'm not going to spend an awful lot of time looking at the paint colour, the exterior body style, flashy tires, what the trunk holds, etc. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12698 on: March 15, 2017, 05:33:07 PM »
My nan drives one!

Nah don't worry. Just cloudy old memories that remind me of a hurt once.

Hope your nan's Toyota serves her well and works flawlessly for many years.
 :thumbup:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #12699 on: March 15, 2017, 10:28:15 PM »
Ice everywhere

I can not remember where you live, but from what I do remember, you are up there in the thick of it and so is Ozzie.

You guys have my empathy!

We were dry here in central Indiana and only got the cold and a few inches of snow, nothing compared to the upper NE.
Godspeed to you and yours!!

This afternoon I dug our car out of a snowdrift higher than its roof in front. And to think two days ago it looked like the storm would miss us.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #12700 on: March 16, 2017, 04:52:20 AM »
My car is a 2013 Matrix.  Like a Timex.  It does need some work now - oil leak, belt change, A/C blows hot, grease the joints. 
That's a lot of problems for a car so new.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12701 on: March 16, 2017, 05:03:33 AM »
My car is a 2013 Matrix.  Like a Timex.  It does need some work now - oil leak, belt change, A/C blows hot, grease the joints. 
That's a lot of problems for a car so new.
It is, my car is just starting to get its first oil leak and it's 23 years old.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12702 on: March 16, 2017, 06:19:39 AM »
My nan drives one!

Nah don't worry. Just cloudy old memories that remind me of a hurt once.

Hope your nan's Toyota serves her well and works flawlessly for many years.
 :thumbup:

:) She bought it in 1995. Whenever she takes it to a garage, they always say what a great car it is, and that they don't make cars that are so well built anymore.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12703 on: March 16, 2017, 06:33:44 AM »

That is evil. Your dog did nothing to that bastard. I don't blame you for hating people.

I don't get upset about most of the horrors that happen to humans.  This story, though ...  :'(
   May that piece of shit suffer a thousandfold.  I'm not religious, but sometimes I hope karma is real.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12704 on: March 16, 2017, 06:50:02 AM »
I need to lose weight and start dieting again but I can't bring myself to commit to it. I'm just not motivated by the same self loathing as I was last year.

I need a motivator.