Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 230787 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #12615 on: March 08, 2017, 01:47:20 AM »
Why can't I get any sleep these days? Why, oh why?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #12616 on: March 08, 2017, 04:23:52 AM »
Stupid blackbirds starting their songs at 4:21 am?

I did sleep like a log, the first three hours of the night. Then lay awake. By the time I started dozing off again, the blackbirds started their concert.

Nights before it was loud humans in the streets, before the blackbirds started.

I share your pain. Could do with a few good nights.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12617 on: March 08, 2017, 05:37:31 AM »

I'm blaming the puppy.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12618 on: March 08, 2017, 05:57:18 AM »

That's defamation of the puppy's character.  You'll have to come with us.   :police: :gopher: :police:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #12619 on: March 08, 2017, 06:44:42 AM »
Fucking seizures. Whilst waking up and just-post woken up (enough to be certain as certain can be, for I managed to crawl up the stairs to grab a syringe loaded with an injectable anticonvulsant) that is was NOT sleep paralysis. But woken up, initially myoclonic seizures, then passing into episodes of near complete paralysis. Could breathe and could with great difficulty, make gross-scale movements of my hands, like openiing and closing a fist or splaying fingers, but nothing fine, then would fall asleep again very quickly, having taken a double dose of the benzodiazepine I've been using for anxiety, as well as an extra capsule of chlormethiazole, two instead of one. Broke a support on the banister railings dragging myself up the stairs on all fours/on my stomach so I couldn't fall arse over tit another time (did once after smashing my head on a sink several times during the myoclonic phase, tried to get downstairs to my meds and went from top of the stairs to the bottom, missing the rest on the way down, if you get my drift. Next thing I knew then I was in hospital, coming round, having knocked myself out cold.

This time, the meds didn't work. Those two together, plus doses of morphine, gabapentin and oxycodone together should have prevented most anything. It was almost one continuous seizure, only separated by moments to a minute or so at most of moderate myoclonus, of a level that I could carefully as could be done considering, to the floor and crawl towards my med bag and manage to get a couple of chlormethiazole caps down me, the fastest acting of the lot, and manage to get a nitrazepam tablet out of the blister packs and swallow it, even that, along with a strong dose of morphine didn't stop it keeping returning again the moment I began to drift off into sleep. It WASN'T a withdrawal from the meds, that would in any of those cases make itself painfully (literally) and terrifyingly obvious. That sort of a combination would not unlikely bring many people out of status, never fucking mnd preventing this kind of shit. Managed to get an emergency appointment. its really pretty scary when it happens like that, and it just kept happening and happening again, 5-6-perhaps 7 in almost unbroken succession. Trying to call for help but being unable of more than a hoarse croak, and nobody in hearing range.

It always seems if its going to happen that it happens when I am just beginning to come out sleep or immediately after waking and becoming fully conscious but not fully wide awake, well awake just, not warmed up and ready to move again. Was stuck lying there on the sofa asleep, woke up inyo a seizure, and then another, and another and another almost unbroken in series, and almost completely paralyzed; fully aware of everything but powerless to stop it in their tracks, without the meds working.  and due to the strong sedative
Nature of all the meds it just sent me back to sleep, yet despite their being powerful anticonvulsants (minus the pain medication, although, for whatever reason, presumably it generally decreasing overall excitatory tone within the central nervous system it too, as a welcome side effect, tends to decrease on the long term, overall frequency of, and in the short term, if I am having a seizure and manage to get enough of a short break to grab a needle and jam it into a muscle, without wasting time finding a vein, just stick it in like a dart from a tranq gun and get it in their fast, it also seems to help prevent further ones. Not the CAUSE of them happening being in withdrawal, because I'd know about it if I was in withdrawal from such a class (classES) of drug, and only those, piled on top of EACH OTHER made any impact.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #12620 on: March 08, 2017, 08:58:31 AM »
^ Fuck, that sounds horrible. :( *Hugs*.
:dog:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12621 on: March 08, 2017, 11:24:23 AM »
@ Lestat - the transition between sleep and wake states seems to be a common trigger for seizures.  My best friends daughter usually has 5 or so seizures a week while awakening.  Thank heavens The PR's medical seizures are pretty well controlled.  The pseudo (emotional) seizures are another matter.  At least the treatment for them is easy: a hug, a kiss and a quick "You are safe" routine.

FYI

Are you safe involves asking these questions of yourself/the person:

What are you seeing?
What are you hearing?
What are you smelling?
What are you tasting?
What are you touching?

Where are you?     
So, you're (wherever) and it's a safe place and you can relax.

It would work with anxiety, fear, unreasonable emotions, etc.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #12622 on: March 08, 2017, 03:08:33 PM »
*hugs*

And yeah, it was fucking shitty.

I've just this minute got back from an appoinment with a GP at the DRs surgery I'm with, and had the typical sit down and talk with a doctor about these fucking fits. I HAVE had worse ones, but not many of them at all, not like the beginning of today. Must have been 7-8-9 in a row. First one, as soon as I was coming out of sleep and become awake enough to be aware of my surroundings etc. Then the first one hit me like a well-thrown house brick smack bang in the bonce. Started off initially myoclonic (where you don't necessarily lose consciousness, which I didn't. Happened right on the borderline between coming out of sleep and then into waking, I can rulw our isolated hypnic jerks (on, two etc individial sudden nuscular contractions, but these each came in the form of initially starting as myoclonic seizures, repeated muscular twitching jerks (no I don't mean alex plank locked in solitary confinement whilst having a car battery and bulldog clips attached to his testicles, if he, astonishingly, actually is in possession of said organs:P)

Whilst
waking up during the first I eventually recovered enough muscle control to be able to get meds down me, just about, although still seizing, managed to get to them. But even what I could throw at these fuckers wasn't stopping them and I just kept getting hit by one after another after another with brief recoveries in between, enabling me to take further emergency doses of the meds. Eventually after employing still others, it did the trick but only after a long chain of seizures, briefly separated by partial recovery.

Went to see the doc, made an appointment asap, had to wait until the mid afternoon, but saw someone, got some replacement meds, since the ones I used were the same as I should have been taking 3x daily, which thankfully he did give me. That and got an appointment to see a neurologist in the works coming. Thankfully thats left me with more than my 'appointed' daily usual dose 3x a day, with the additional ones given me, so I can at least respond to one happening should it do that again.

Was way, way WAY worse than I've had in a long time, and they don't usually come in chains of one after another after another like that either.         

There was nothing 'pseudo' about these bastards, I was in no emotional state at all at the time, and it was a full blown myoclonic attack turning into complete voluntary muscular paralysis. All I could do in the latter stage was lie there on the sofa and wait until the paralytic phase had turned back into myoclonic, and I just about managed to grab the bottle of chlormethiazole caps and swallow a couple. That near always ends it totally, I can't remember EVER having having taken my regular morning dose, then need not just one more, but a strong benzo AND near enough a handful more of the chlormethiazole (in separate doses, each in response to another siezure immediately afterwards) if my old man had seen it I don't doubt that he'd have called 999.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12623 on: March 08, 2017, 08:28:44 PM »

That's defamation of the puppy's character.  You'll have to come with us.   :police: :gopher: :police:

Seriously though, it's a new sound in the house. I might be the puppy.  :dunno:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12624 on: March 08, 2017, 10:53:36 PM »

No, you're not the puppy, you're the gopher. :gopher: :laugh: :heart:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12625 on: March 08, 2017, 10:54:59 PM »
  Space bar is even balkier now than it was when I first cleaned under it, what the hell?!  :mad:

People forget.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12626 on: March 08, 2017, 11:15:16 PM »

No, you're not the puppy, you're the gopher. :gopher: :laugh: :heart:

:lol1:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12627 on: March 09, 2017, 12:01:03 AM »
Space bar is even balkier now than it was when I first cleaned under it, what the hell?!  :mad:
You now have an excuse to buy one of those awesome mechanical keyboards.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12628 on: March 09, 2017, 12:48:56 AM »

I am, too.

Was up with her at 4 AM. She then woke me up at 7.15 and, once she was sure I was drinking my first cup, then went back to sleep.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12629 on: March 09, 2017, 12:50:22 AM »

It is the puppy. Now go with the nice officers anyway. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein