Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 230699 times)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #12465 on: February 03, 2017, 01:18:20 PM »
I think gaslighting is about the worst sin anybody could commit.
:dog:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12466 on: February 03, 2017, 04:33:56 PM »
My 9AM, 10 at the latest they claimed  delivery didn't show up till almost 1.   Bad enough I was there waiting but I was also paying my helper to sit around and wait
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #12467 on: February 03, 2017, 07:48:22 PM »
Yeah, the doctor told me they were after I complained about an itchy neck. I just dismissed it. But now they're noticeable since I have short hair and I want to get rid of them. Want to know if the doctor can do anything about them, whether it's worth me going to see him or not.

A dermatologist might be able to remove them.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12468 on: February 03, 2017, 08:37:36 PM »
Yeah, the doctor told me they were after I complained about an itchy neck. I just dismissed it. But now they're noticeable since I have short hair and I want to get rid of them. Want to know if the doctor can do anything about them, whether it's worth me going to see him or not.

Hmmm, there are about 50 of them.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #12469 on: February 03, 2017, 11:19:54 PM »

A few places say to try tea tree oil applied twice daily. Not an overnight thing...takes awhile, but some say it works.

I don't have any tags, or I would try it and let you know, I use tea tree oil a lot just because I love the smell.  :dunno:

Online renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12470 on: February 03, 2017, 11:28:54 PM »
A few places say to try tea tree oil applied twice daily. Not an overnight thing...takes awhile, but some say it works.

I don't have any tags, or I would try it and let you know, I use tea tree oil a lot just because I love the smell.  :dunno:
Thank you for looking. I found that information as well. I'm applying tea tree oil twice a day as recommended. It has been about 2 weeks since I started. The tags are tiny and make my skin feel like sandpaper. I would like to have smooth skin again.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12471 on: February 04, 2017, 02:41:41 PM »
I used to have about 15 warts on each hand, and 5 on my face. That was when I was 9, and around age 10 they all suddenly disappeared.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12472 on: February 04, 2017, 03:20:48 PM »
My back hurts. My arms hurt. My fingers hurt. My feet hurt.

No fun carrying stuff.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #12473 on: February 04, 2017, 07:58:40 PM »
Warts per se, are generally caused by a virus, so tea tree oil is likely to help.

Looking further into skin tags, apparently a benign type of HPV is often found in the tissue so there may be an association.

But the usual way to get rid of them is either having them surgically cut out, burnt or frozen.

There is a way you might try that at any rate, shouldn't cause you to suddenly drop dead :D, they also use a technique called ligation. Which is pretty much just tying and tightening a noose around the tags at the 'stalk', which cuts off their blood supply and causes them to atrophy and die. A bit of fishing line would be ideal, just tie it around and knot it tight, like a miniature tourniquet.

Pretty much the same thing as would be done in a dr. surgery, only a lot cheaper (I'm assuming oz doesn't have the equivalent of our NHS). Keep applying the tea-tree along with it, which will both prevent infection and due to the possible viral affiliation in at least quite a lot of cases of skin tags, help do a number on the buggers on that side, because tea-tree is a powerful antiviral when locally applied (its unsuitable for ingestion internally, as are many, if not most essential oils) and in any case, given the tags sprout from the skin systemic application would be irrelevant)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12474 on: February 04, 2017, 08:00:30 PM »
My quick bitch-it appears my magnetic stirbars were pinched by the filth when I got raided recently. But, managed to successfully improvize using a piece of a hard drive magnet, after shattering it with a hammer.

Online renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12475 on: February 04, 2017, 08:08:24 PM »
Lestat - the tags are way too small for ligation. They are a pale skin colour too, not like moles. I read that dental floss is also good to use.

Years ago I had warts on my fingers. I ended up getting them frozen. Painful but it worked.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12476 on: February 04, 2017, 08:14:57 PM »
I remember having to be held down as a kid so they could freeze a wart on my eyelid. It bloody stung.

Online renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12477 on: February 04, 2017, 08:25:30 PM »
I remember having to be held down as a kid so they could freeze a wart on my eyelid. It bloody stung.
I think I'd have to be held down for that too as it is a very sensitive location!
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12478 on: February 04, 2017, 09:14:06 PM »
Makes me think of the repeated times I've had to have my eye examined recently with a slit-lamp. There are at least two types of light used, a bright white one, and a blue one, presumably near-UV, for testing absorption of fluorescein, a fluorescent dye, yellow-orange, in the visual range (sans UV, when not fluorescing). The blue light isn't so painful but jesus fucking christ the white light burns like a bastard. I didn't like that kind of light, or bright light in general to begin with. But especially now, when I need to wear shades in the dark at least (not so comfortable to sleep in though, so I've just been throwing a coat over my head)

Even after local anaesthesia of the eye, it still manages to hurt like fucking hell. On the days I have to go for eye checkups I've usually ended up at least tripling my usual dose of pain meds that usually, are intended for my joints, and taking the morphine/oxy by IV or IM a few minutes before setting off on the journey to the eye hospital, giving myself just enough time to make and finish a rollup before leaving the house (for whatever reason, opioid painkillers, at least most of them make me really, REALLY want a smoke immediately after, but an e-fag doesn't hit the spot. Although oxy alone doesn't seem to do it, at least not much. I'm guessing because oxycodone is quite a strong kappa opioid receptor agonist, and KOR agonists reduce dopamine release, so would make smoking less satisfying. With morphine, I could murder little old ladies for a smoke cheerfully, although generally speaking, I am not a very heavy smoker to begin with)

Online renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12479 on: February 04, 2017, 09:39:30 PM »
I have been to enough ophthalmologists to be wary of the eye drops they put in to dilate the pupils. It's always done in a nice dimly lit room so all is well. When the appointment ends though, and you go outside, can barely keep eyes open. When I was 18, I went with my mum and she ended up giving me her sunglasses and guiding me back to the car. Those eye drops are powerful and unfortunately last for ages.
Tek'ma'tae