Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 231034 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #12450 on: February 01, 2017, 10:47:32 AM »
I'm weird, I've got fond memories of fever delirium.

Oddly, so do I. Not every time but I've had some pretty weird and wonderful experiences, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #12451 on: February 01, 2017, 12:57:01 PM »
I'm fine with people who are up themselves. The people I can't stand are the ones who look down upon others as less-than if they aren't as *great* as them. IOW, snobs. I just want to tell them..."Shut up". I don't want to hear your, "I have no time for people who aren't as great as me" crap. Just, get lost.
:dog:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #12452 on: February 01, 2017, 02:28:06 PM »
Bloody computer systems at the Dr surgery. Ended up with no nitrazepam on monday, as I should have had some. And half the amount of oxy I should have had. Luckily for me I had a backup to prevent anything both unpleasant as hell and potentially pretty serious in the case of the former, and in the case of the oxy, still downright unpleasant, had I run out totally. Dr saw on the computer system that the script had been changed, ended up us having to check with the pharmacist and see how many had been dispensed, went up, got the nitrazepam, and some replacements for the additional chlormethiazole I had to use to compensate. Then check in person and come back to the surgery, thankfully the doc in question rectified the problem straight away after being informed by reception.

Otherwise I would have been completely reliant on the success of a project of mine, first time to avoid a whole lot of unpleasantness. Well, I think I could manage two shots at it, possibly three, but only if I were to be really, really tight-fisted with things and work in microscale. Which is a pain in the arse at the best of times.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12453 on: February 01, 2017, 05:28:00 PM »
Need a day off but work is just too busy,  I might be able to take off Sunday but odds are that will not happen
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12454 on: February 02, 2017, 12:39:50 AM »
The fever is mostly gone but now there's a cough and a headache.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12455 on: February 02, 2017, 03:34:37 AM »
Recently I sprouted a lot of skin tags on my neck. I have no idea what caused this. I haven't gone to the doctor about it, don't know if I should. I am trying a home remedy - tea tree oil mixed with water on a cotton wool ball and wiped on my neck. Twice a day. Found this info on the internet. After two weeks a few have turned into red lumps, I don't think the heat and sweating have done me any favours, that's for sure. I am getting really self conscious about this. I have never seen it on anyone else.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12456 on: February 02, 2017, 04:40:01 AM »
Damn petrol prices. Unleaded 98 is $1.65/L here in town. But in the town where the other office is it's only $1.50, and I forgot to get some while I was over there yesterday :(
I tried to buy some from a servo selling it for $1.58 (about 10 mins out of town) but when I got there all the bowsers for 98 were out of order, so I had to drive back into town. I only bought $20 worth, couldn't stand to buy any more.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12457 on: February 02, 2017, 04:50:22 AM »
^Dang, I buy unleaded 98 too. Usually it's not too bad this time during the week.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #12458 on: February 02, 2017, 06:18:13 AM »
Recently I sprouted a lot of skin tags on my neck. I have no idea what caused this. I haven't gone to the doctor about it, don't know if I should. I am trying a home remedy - tea tree oil mixed with water on a cotton wool ball and wiped on my neck. Twice a day. Found this info on the internet. After two weeks a few have turned into red lumps, I don't think the heat and sweating have done me any favours, that's for sure. I am getting really self conscious about this. I have never seen it on anyone else.

Are you sure they're just skin tags?
:dog:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12459 on: February 02, 2017, 09:40:35 PM »
Yep. My doctor told me they were when I complained of an itchy neck. But I just dismissed what he said. Now I wonder if I should go back and ask if there's something he can do.

Are you sure they're just skin tags?
Yeah, the doctor told me they were after I complained about an itchy neck. I just dismissed it. But now they're noticeable since I have short hair and I want to get rid of them. Want to know if the doctor can do anything about them, whether it's worth me going to see him or not.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:45:36 PM by renaeden »
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12460 on: February 03, 2017, 12:19:07 AM »
I am sick of it being my job to do the dishes.

Leave them to her. You should split the work.

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12461 on: February 03, 2017, 12:27:31 AM »
Sometimes if it gets too much, she will help me. But most of the time she ignores them. Right now she's in the routine of staying up all night and sleeping all day so I don't see her.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12462 on: February 03, 2017, 12:41:45 AM »
Sometimes if it gets too much, she will help me. But most of the time she ignores them. Right now she's in the routine of staying up all night and sleeping all day so I don't see her.

I'd leave her stuff in the kitchen sink. She needs to understand that you're not a housekeeper.

- Albert Einstein

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12463 on: February 03, 2017, 09:32:58 AM »
use applied behavior techniques on  her.
when she does the dishes - even if she does just one, give her a nice hug or something else she really likes. hugs really work, though. if she asks what for, tell her it's for doing the dishes. it may take a little while, but she will start doing dishes. in the beginning you will need to give a hug each time. after the behavior is set, maybe after a couple of months, you can reduce the number of hugs. it doesn't matter if you give the reward some time after the behavior but more that 24 hours will make it work less well.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12464 on: February 03, 2017, 12:54:36 PM »
Unless she's got tactile issues. :P

- Albert Einstein