Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234017 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #12015 on: November 17, 2016, 05:56:12 AM »
Still have not found places for all my plants for the winter

If I had plants, I'd store them in my oven, which I never use.  :autism:

ooh, something else we have in common. I mean not using the oven, not the bright idea of keeping plants in there.

I don't like the further restrictions that places in my already way-too-restricted diet, but my ataxia was getting far too out-of-hand. I just got totally fed up with  burning myself every time I used it. Sometimes twice. Not badly, but there's only so much time I 'm willing to spend holding my hand under the running tap. Oh yeah, and i also got thouroughly bored with with my dinner going straight to the bin, via the kitchen floor. And the huge amount of extra cleaning .  Just not worth it in the least.  I do  occasionally use the oven, when i've got guests, on condition that guest is willing to do the pull-the-hot-stuff-out-of-the oven bit for me, but otherwise I am through with ovens .

Any similarity with your case?

My case is actually more a matter of laziness and preference for the microwave.  I eat a lot of meals
  at work, and if I really want to cook something in bulk, I can use the ovens at work.  I did manage to get a
  second-degree burn on the inside of the (work) oven door this past summer, still have pink scars from that!  :zombiefuck:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12016 on: November 17, 2016, 05:59:28 AM »
...oh hang on, Weeble, i might have a been a teeny bit unfair to you. When you said you're not good at taking care of plants, you meant you're apt to stick them in hostile enviromments  like the oven, didn't you?  :LOL: Not that you forget to water them, like me.

I actually had a couple of plants when I first moved in here, and I neglected them, and they died. 
   I'm weirdly indifferent to my surroundings, so I don't bother with plants or decorations.  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #12017 on: November 17, 2016, 06:39:18 AM »
...oh hang on, Weeble, i might have a been a teeny bit unfair to you. When you said you're not good at taking care of plants, you meant you're apt to stick them in hostile enviromments  like the oven, didn't you?  :LOL: Not that you forget to water them, like me.

I actually had a couple of plants when I first moved in here, and I neglected them, and they died. 
   I'm weirdly indifferent to my surroundings, so I don't bother with plants or decorations.  :laugh:

*keeping my plants away from the weeble*

Mine are all crowding the space in front of the sliding doors. The cat won't eat the money tree because she found out it's sticky...the African violets are fuzzy...the Lemon trees are citrus....and the Orchids must not taste right.

The Spider Plant is fair game.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #12018 on: November 17, 2016, 09:15:24 AM »
Ladybirds are almost worse than spiders. They really stink, and they're attracted to my bedroom in my nan's house. My mother and I vacuumed up about 100 ladybirds from my window. It was disgusting.

I've kept the window shut since to stop them coming in, otherwise lots of them come in.

Wasps are attracted to my room too. My nan told me just now that I need to open the window to ventilate it so it doesn't go mouldy. I just looked at my window and there was a wasp crawling outside. :(

Are those wasps and ladybugs hibernating in the walls, crawling into your room whenever they get warm enough to do so?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #12019 on: November 17, 2016, 05:40:10 PM »
^ Yes! The ladybirds fly in and stay in the gap between the glass sliding panels and the single glaze windows. They always do it at this time of year, I'm pretty sure most of them are the foreign invaders.

As for the wasps, I'm not sure, they do it all year around. They can probably smell food. :laugh:

I saw a hornet in my old flat once. It looked *evil*. It was the most evil looking creature I had ever seen, it's eyes looked evil. *Shudders*. It had a low tone buzzing noise. It was under two inches big, I think. Horrible, horrible thing. Huge.

Oh God, wasps were drawn to that bathroom for some reason, outside there was often a wasps nest. They would fly in, and once I shut one in the window, it was wriggling around for ages, and I didn't use the bathroom all day. I had to get my mum to come around and squish it. :( Blergh.
:dog:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #12020 on: November 17, 2016, 06:15:33 PM »
The last two years we've been getting bald faced hornets, white face and butt, black body. Never even seen them really before that.

They seem to build a nest overnight. Last couple under the carport. They will come after you too. Nasty buggers.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12021 on: November 17, 2016, 06:47:05 PM »
How big are they? Do you think they're foreign invaders? I just looked them up, they have a cool colour combination and 0.75 inches isn't very big. Not that I want to meet one.

^^ I put "it's" instead of "its", arrgggghhhhhh.

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #12022 on: November 17, 2016, 09:45:14 PM »
My mother in law's visit draws near. Not only do I have to waste a chunk of Sunday on a 100 mile round trip to Manchester Airport to collect her, she isn't going away agin until Thursday  :poo:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12023 on: November 17, 2016, 09:50:15 PM »
^^ I put "it's" instead of "its", arrgggghhhhhh.
You can Modify your post to correct it if you like. The Modify button is on the top right of your post, next to the Quote button.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12024 on: November 18, 2016, 12:40:17 AM »
Ugh. Morning again. >:(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12025 on: November 18, 2016, 04:45:32 AM »
^ Yes! The ladybirds fly in and stay in the gap between the glass sliding panels and the single glaze windows. They always do it at this time of year, I'm pretty sure most of them are the foreign invaders.

As for the wasps, I'm not sure, they do it all year around. They can probably smell food. :laugh:

I saw a hornet in my old flat once. It looked *evil*. It was the most evil looking creature I had ever seen, it's eyes looked evil. *Shudders*. It had a low tone buzzing noise. It was under two inches big, I think. Horrible, horrible thing. Huge.

Oh God, wasps were drawn to that bathroom for some reason, outside there was often a wasps nest. They would fly in, and once I shut one in the window, it was wriggling around for ages, and I didn't use the bathroom all day. I had to get my mum to come around and squish it. :( Blergh.

I used to evict wasps and hornets from the dining room at the retirement home.  I had a technique.
   I would place a coffee cup over the insect, slide a saucer under the cup, and carry the bug outside.
   Or just grab a bunch of napkins and terminate with extreme prejudice!  I was the one people called upon.  >:D

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12026 on: November 18, 2016, 04:47:33 AM »

Tell me about it.  I've been awake since about 2:30 a.m. and I'm due at work at 9.  :autism:

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12027 on: November 18, 2016, 02:12:41 PM »

Tell me about it.  I've been awake since about 2:30 a.m. and I'm due at work at 9.  :autism:

Ouch. Did you sleep before 2.30, at least?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12028 on: November 18, 2016, 03:40:59 PM »

I used to evict wasps and hornets from the dining room at the retirement home.  I had a technique.
   I would place a coffee cup over the insect, slide a saucer under the cup, and carry the bug outside.
   Or just grab a bunch of napkins and terminate with extreme prejudice!  I was the one people called upon.  >:D

You're brave.

renaeden: Thanks, though I already know how to do that. It's just that I made that mistake in the first place, it's unacceptable.

I think the worst mistake is when people say "could of" instead of "could've". I despise it. It can burn in a fire.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #12029 on: November 18, 2016, 07:21:27 PM »
Had an annoying allergy attack at work. Looking at the computer screen through a haze of brainfog, I told people that my task was finished when really I'd forgotten to implement a big chunk of it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.